Winterspring
User avatar
Guild:

Senile Chieftains


Bnet:

s1atan#2841


Posts: 263
Likes: 197
Horde 262 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Great runs guys!

Image
Posts: 3
Likes: 5
3 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Got our previous time duo 1-10 down for 2h25m to about 2h2m last night. Partner even recorded it.

   Selexin s1atan teebling
Winterspring
User avatar
Posts: 2
Likes: 1
2 posts
Night Elf
Hunter
Night Elf Hunter 2 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hello :) I've been speedrunning alot on WoTLK but never vanilla, so decided I would test it out when I found this thread!

Currently working on the 1-6 Night Elf hunter starting area.



Got it down to 32minutes on my best run:


I died once that wasnt on purpose when I messed up and some other people was there questing (on Elysium) so not perfect, could easily cut it down to under 30minutes with some more training.

I'm happy to join this community tho and hope to have a nice 1-60 route when classic releases :D

Now to work on my 6-10 and onwards! Later guys GLHF!

   teebling
User avatar
Posts: 5
Likes: 13
5 posts
5 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Classic Beta
Gnome Mage 1-10
1 hour, 36 minutes
Image
Icebeard please just leave the cave

   s1atan Selexin Colroyds
Winterspring
User avatar
Guild:

Senile Chieftains


Bnet:

s1atan#2841


Posts: 263
Likes: 197
Horde 262 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

SlyngeL wrote:
2 months ago
Looks like Loch Modan to Darkshore and back again isn't too bad

Image
Is it on classic beta or private or repack server?

Image
User avatar
Guild:

BIZZNO


Discord:

Judgement#2170


Posts: 47
Likes: 81
Human Paladin 47 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

s1atan wrote:
2 months ago
SlyngeL wrote:
2 months ago
Looks like Loch Modan to Darkshore and back again isn't too bad

Image
Is it on classic beta or private or repack server?
Its repack, you can see in the chat he's using GM commands

My Paladin youtube channel containing leveling, gearing and general classic information:
JUDGEMENT
Winterspring
User avatar
Guild:

Senile Chieftains


Bnet:

s1atan#2841


Posts: 263
Likes: 197
Horde 262 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Judgement wrote:
2 months ago
Its repack, you can see in the chat he's using GM commands
Ah thanks, did not notice that. Using gm codes is prohibited so that doesnt count anyways. Thanks for pointing it out mate, cheers!

Image
Elwynn Forest
User avatar
Posts: 24
Likes: 24
24 posts
Alliance
Paladin
Alliance Paladin 24 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Using the GM command ".god off" (which is the command shown in the screenshot) is fine because characters on admin accounts on repacks by default cannot die, and leaving godmode on would make for an unfair run. The command serves to make the run closer to an actual server run. I'd say that his run counts.

Winterspring
User avatar
Posts: 2
Likes: 1
2 posts
Night Elf
Hunter
Night Elf Hunter 2 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

s1atan wrote:
2 months ago
SlyngeL wrote:
2 months ago
Looks like Loch Modan to Darkshore and back again isn't too bad

Image
Is it on classic beta or private or repack server?

Ooh nice run dude!
Question: are u using any macros to target ur last target and shoot etc? if so do you mind sharing? u have a very nice 1-6 run ^^ keep it up.

User avatar
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Orc Hunter 2 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Not sure if this is the place to ask, but I've been searching for anyone to help practice duo leveling on lights hope(any class combo), if you're interested let me know.

Winterspring
User avatar
Guild:

Senile Chieftains


Bnet:

s1atan#2841


Posts: 263
Likes: 197
Horde 262 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Vemp wrote:
2 months ago
Using the GM command ".god off" (which is the command shown in the screenshot) is fine because characters on admin accounts on repacks by default cannot die, and leaving godmode on would make for an unfair run. The command serves to make the run closer to an actual server run. I'd say that his run counts.
But if its shown there, doesnt it mean that before dinging he had god on?

Image
Arathi Basin
User avatar
Guild:

GRIND


Posts: 309
Likes: 140
Undead Priest 309 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Just do an account without GM status in repack and play on this account, problem solved. Sry, but in my eyes the run should not count, to much concerns we don’t know.

Undead Priest @ <GRIND>
Twitch Channel, feel free to take a look :)!
The Barrens
User avatar
Discord:

Colroyds#5881


Posts: 9
Likes: 16
Horde Hunter 9 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

s1atan wrote:
2 months ago
Vemp wrote:
2 months ago
Using the GM command ".god off" (which is the command shown in the screenshot) is fine because characters on admin accounts on repacks by default cannot die, and leaving godmode on would make for an unfair run. The command serves to make the run closer to an actual server run. I'd say that his run counts.
But if its shown there, doesnt it mean that before dinging he had god on?
Several people use a macro that has ".god off /played", like @Jokerdtv does in his runs, just so they don't forget to turn it off when they checked their played each level. It displays "Mode [GOD]: OFF" even if god mode is already off when you press it. I doubt @SlyngeL cheated, you can see him using the macro in his 1-10 video.

Winterspring
User avatar
Guild:

Senile Chieftains


Bnet:

s1atan#2841


Posts: 263
Likes: 197
Horde 262 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Colroyds wrote:
2 months ago
s1atan wrote:
2 months ago
Vemp wrote:
2 months ago
Using the GM command ".god off" (which is the command shown in the screenshot) is fine because characters on admin accounts on repacks by default cannot die, and leaving godmode on would make for an unfair run. The command serves to make the run closer to an actual server run. I'd say that his run counts.
But if its shown there, doesnt it mean that before dinging he had god on?
Several people use a macro that has ".god off /played", like @Jokerdtv does in his runs, just so they don't forget to turn it off when they checked their played each level. It displays "Mode [GOD]: OFF" even if god mode is already off when you press it. I doubt @SlyngeL cheated, you can see him using the macro in his 1-10 video.
Alright, thats probably the case. Thanks for clarifying.

Image
Mulgore
User avatar
Posts: 34
Likes: 22
34 posts
Tauren
Druid
Tauren Druid 34 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

1 hr 56 m Tauren druid on Classic Beta. Sorry for the horrible screenshot quality!

Image

Made several mistakes during this run, 1 resulting in a death. All in all, with a perfect run I could shave off maybe 5-7 more minutes. Will be posting this complete run on my youtube channel, as well as detailed outlines of the what, how where and when :)

Thanks

   teebling
Yar, main druid!

My YouTube with Classic WoW Guides: https://www.youtube.com/c/YarTV
Mulgore
User avatar
Guild:

Monstrous Bear Hugs


Posts: 92
Likes: 58
92 posts
Tauren
Druid
Tauren Druid 92 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Been sitting around 2 hours myself for awhile now as druid on beta. Skinning sure slows things down a lot, and jesus christ inventory space is a filthy old hag when it comes to those early *gather 6 different things from the mobs over there* quests..I've found that when a bag doesn't drop I basically have to completely give up on grey drops, and then I cannot afford a new white staff. Been trying a variety of things. I've given up on first aid and buying food because I simply cannot afford it..Will be interested in giving your video a look.

Making a EU Horde day-raiding guild in Classic! PM if interested or have a look at our forum http://mbh.epizy.com or discord https://discord.gg/7AKguup :)
Mulgore
User avatar
Posts: 34
Likes: 22
34 posts
Tauren
Druid
Tauren Druid 34 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Fortunately I did get a bag dropped. On several occassions I didn't and basically died and ressed in Bloodhoof after finishing Poison Water and Sharing the Land (around level 7) to clear up bagspace. I found that this doesn't really set you back in the long term.

Yar, main druid!

My YouTube with Classic WoW Guides: https://www.youtube.com/c/YarTV
Mulgore
User avatar
Guild:

Monstrous Bear Hugs


Posts: 92
Likes: 58
92 posts
Tauren
Druid
Tauren Druid 92 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Yeah already doing that but I always run out of space near the end of the Mazzranache quest because you need so much bagspace for quest items..And since I'm skinning that takes up a lot of space too.
Gonna try a few minor adjustments and give it another go. Been like 2 hours and 1-2min the last 3 runs now trying various things, but I always end up landing one failure death right in the end. My first beta char i found 2 bags from sharing the land so was no problem at all but since then I haven't seen a single one. Kinda want to save my good luck for release haha.

   s1atan
Making a EU Horde day-raiding guild in Classic! PM if interested or have a look at our forum http://mbh.epizy.com or discord https://discord.gg/7AKguup :)
User avatar
Guild:

BIZZNO


Discord:

Judgement#2170


Posts: 47
Likes: 81
Human Paladin 47 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

The local repack I try stuff on still has rested xp on which is annoying, can anyone clarify how to disable it? I know this is on the top of the post, but can anyone specify exactly which file it is and the directory path to it? I dont have the server up myself so I need to forward this to the guy who does.

Ctrl + F to search for these values (in the Mangos config file):
https://puu.sh/CtOOo/7ca7a94738.png
Set all 3 values to 0.

My Paladin youtube channel containing leveling, gearing and general classic information:
JUDGEMENT
Warrior Protection
User avatar
Discord:

teebling#5444


Bnet:

Teeb#2674


Posts: 1137
Likes: 2144
525 posts
Orc
Warrior
Orc Warrior 525 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@Judgement have a look through this thread, someone definitely discussed this in detail.

Posts: 6
Likes: 6
6 posts
Hunter
Hunter 6 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I do have a question about leveling routing, since I test a lot of routing on Horde side in the beta, what do you compare levelnig time with when questing vs grinding, for example as hunter I count killing 3 mobs of equal level per minute as a good guideline for how long a level should take roughly and then decide if I think what I did was good or not. So my question is really, what other metrics do you use to value your routing?

https://twitch.tv/zeroji - I do mostly 1-20 runs during classic beta and other tests people ask me to do. Every weekday or so
User avatar
Posts: 57
Likes: 31
Horde 57 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@zeroji

zeroji wrote:
2 months ago
I count killing 3 mobs of equal level per minute as a good guideline for how long a level should take
I mean no offense but this kind of a simplistic view of the leveling process.

First you have to figure out what you're going for:
-Is it a route for launch day or a general route?
-What class are we talking?
-PvP or PvE server?

Then, you can look at the big picture and determine which zones you need to hit in the various level ranges. For example, if you're planning on running on a pvp server, prioritizing shimmering flats and the early Nesingwary quests might be a good idea so you can avoid as much pvp as possible.
After that its just a matter of chaining the zones and the quests in the zones efficiently.

As far as grinding goes... you also have to consider mob density, difficulty, competition, etc.
I personally try to avoid long grinding for the sake of grinding as much as possible. There are quests that are grind heavy, but also there are mobs that have a low chance of dropping a quest item like the Flayed Demon Skin or the Outhouse key. Also there're mobs that give you rep with factions which can unlock extra quests down the line, and so on.

As far as metrics go... you can just compare your time to others and to your past runs and figure out what works and what doesn't.

   s1atan
Arathi Basin
User avatar
Guild:

GRIND


Posts: 309
Likes: 140
Undead Priest 309 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I think a 5-Man will be faster than Solo, Hunter-Solo could be faster. Maybe.

Undead Priest @ <GRIND>
Twitch Channel, feel free to take a look :)!
User avatar
Posts: 5
Likes: 13
5 posts
5 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Classic Beta
Gnome Mage 1-10
1 hour, 31 minutes
Image
Done with 1-10 route now, could be <1:30 with good rng, but better to just route further levels

   Massivechonk Yar teebling
Desolace
User avatar
Posts: 29
Likes: 16
29 posts
Horde
Warrior
Horde Warrior 29 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Judgement wrote:
2 months ago
The local repack I try stuff on still has rested xp on which is annoying, can anyone clarify how to disable it? I know this is on the top of the post, but can anyone specify exactly which file it is and the directory path to it? I dont have the server up myself so I need to forward this to the guy who does.

Ctrl + F to search for these values (in the Mangos config file):
https://puu.sh/CtOOo/7ca7a94738.png
Set all 3 values to 0.
MaNGOS is the folder where the unzipped pack is located, "mangosd.conf" is the file you want to edit - it's directly in that folder. Edit the values of the lines without the "#" at the start.
Image

   teebling
Image
Similar topics
to 'Vanilla & Classic Beta Speedrunning'
Posts ViewsLast post