Warrior Protection
User avatar
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Posts: 1306
Likes: 2505
Orc
Warrior

Rekt by a bug, sour. Would you get better times on the other LH server? Would be a lot less busy at Valley...

Eastern Plaguelands
User avatar
US Faerlina
Posts: 324
Likes: 246
Horde

@teebling I actually did consider that but in the end I decided it would be better to practice with people around as the goal is to get ahead of the pack come launch and there will be plenty of people around then. I’ve restarted probably 10 runs in the past week from people refusing to group when they solo tagged Sarkoth or Yarrog lmao.

   Iced_Plasma
Image
Warrior Protection
User avatar
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Posts: 1306
Likes: 2505
Orc
Warrior

Jpy wrote:
8 months ago
@teebling I actually did consider that but in the end I decided it would be better to practice with people around as the goal is to get ahead of the pack come launch and there will be plenty of people around then. I’ve restarted probably 10 runs in the past week from people refusing to group when they solo tagged Sarkoth or Yarrog lmao.
MonkaS reset :lol: Fair enough. I got stuck there on my warr run as well, had to wait for respawn twice I think.

Eastern Plaguelands
User avatar
US Faerlina
Posts: 324
Likes: 246
Horde

Had a pretty nice run last night at 1-10 but unfortunately I made a pretty big mistake right at the end forgetting to train Concussive Shot before leaving Razor Hill and selling myself short 1 stack of Arrows (I ran out at 9.85 lmao). Two mistakes costed me about 10 minutes of /played. Dinged 10 @ 2 hours 24m and some change, about 3 minutes better than my previous best. Think I’ll push this one to 20 and 30 to see how much I can improve times without Skinning. Will post /played when I reach those levels.

SpoilerShow
Image

E: current route skips all Echo Isles quests and grinds level 8-10 mobs near Org for 9-10.

Image
Warrior Protection
User avatar
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Posts: 1306
Likes: 2505
Orc
Warrior

Jpy wrote:
8 months ago
Had a pretty nice run last night at 1-10 but unfortunately I made a pretty big mistake right at the end forgetting to train Concussive Shot before leaving Razor Hill and selling myself short 1 stack of Arrows (I ran out at 9.85 lmao). Two mistakes costed me about 10 minutes of /played. Dinged 10 @ 2 hours 24m and some change, about 3 minutes better than my previous best. Think I’ll push this one to 20 and 30 to see how much I can improve times without Skinning. Will post /played when I reach those levels.

E: current route skips all Echo Isles quests and grinds level 8-10 mobs near Org for 9-10.
Have you times a good echo isles run yet to compare the grinding section to?

Keep it up man some pretty impressive times right here!!

Eastern Plaguelands
User avatar
US Faerlina
Posts: 324
Likes: 246
Horde

teebling wrote:
8 months ago
Jpy wrote:
8 months ago
Had a pretty nice run last night at 1-10 but unfortunately I made a pretty big mistake right at the end forgetting to train Concussive Shot before leaving Razor Hill and selling myself short 1 stack of Arrows (I ran out at 9.85 lmao). Two mistakes costed me about 10 minutes of /played. Dinged 10 @ 2 hours 24m and some change, about 3 minutes better than my previous best. Think I’ll push this one to 20 and 30 to see how much I can improve times without Skinning. Will post /played when I reach those levels.

E: current route skips all Echo Isles quests and grinds level 8-10 mobs near Org for 9-10.
Have you times a good echo isles run yet to compare the grinding section to?

Keep it up man some pretty impressive times right here!!
The 2h 27m run I had as previous best was with doing the Echo Isles quests at level 8-9. Like I said, if not for my mistakes towards the end I would’ve been a good ~15m ahead of that time. The Voodoo troll are pretty problematic and if you group you have to share XP from each mob kill (mob XP per kill is quite good at lower levels compared to later). There’s also the long walk back down to the Echo Isles with only level 5-7 mobs en route while the spot I grind for 9-10 has a cliff that can be abused to maximize auto shots and minimize damage taken. It’s also right by the “Winds in the Desert” Quest giver, minimizing travel time.

Image
Undercity
User avatar
US Stalagg
Posts: 31
Likes: 23
Undead

This was interesting to read guys!

I've been thinking about doing this myself to prepare for Classic and I think you could go with a decent effective questing-route if they use sharding. If they don't use sharding or it's still crowded I think a more grindy start would be faster.

If I ever get the time for it, ill do some testing myself! :D

   teebling Bok
Image
You can find me @ www.twitch.tv/fr0sk1
Eastern Plaguelands
User avatar
US Faerlina
Posts: 324
Likes: 246
Horde

Jalapeno wrote:
8 months ago
This was interesting to read guys!

I've been thinking about doing this myself to prepare for Classic and I think you could go with a decent effective questing-route if they use sharding. If they don't use sharding or it's still crowded I think a more grindy start would be faster.

If I ever get the time for it, ill do some testing myself! :D
Sharding will help but it’s really dependent on how many people are allotted per shard. Playing on Northdale I can tell you even 10-20 people all competing for the same mobs simulataneously can seriously impact your time and if I had to guess (and this is only a guess) the people per shard will be closer to 50-100. I plan to play it based on what I see: if I can get on a realm quickly (as soon as they go up) then I’ll provably try to compete for quests as Hunter is quite fast even early on and I feel confident I can get ahead of 95% of people pretty quickly. If there’s too much delay getting in and many people are ahead when I start I’ll probably do a lot more mob grinding. From what they’ve said, sharding will be in at least starting areas (and this is a broad term, they haven’t specified what exactly “starting areas” means, it could be more than the ~1-5 areas like Valley of Trials).

E: another thing to consider if you can’t get in right away is exploration and quests that only require you to talk to or deliver things to NPCs. This gives you your FPs early on so it expedites your questing later.

Anyway, if you do get around to practicing feel free to post your times!

Image
Undercity
User avatar
US Stalagg
Posts: 31
Likes: 23
Undead

Yes I agree, this is how I will approach it aswell. I'll see if I can get some runs in soon! :)

   Jpy
Image
You can find me @ www.twitch.tv/fr0sk1
Warrior Protection
User avatar
Posts: 80
Likes: 81
Horde
Warrior

I'm still cheering for anyone doing this.
GO JALAPENO! \o/

   Jpy Jalapeno
Image
Eastern Plaguelands
User avatar
US Faerlina
Posts: 324
Likes: 246
Horde

Hogbobson wrote:
8 months ago
I'm still cheering for anyone doing this.
GO JALAPENO! \o/
Closing in on a potential sub 10 hour level 20. :surprised:

Image
Undercity
User avatar
US Stalagg
Posts: 31
Likes: 23
Undead

Jpy wrote:
8 months ago
Hogbobson wrote:
8 months ago
I'm still cheering for anyone doing this.
GO JALAPENO! \o/
Closing in on a potential sub 10 hour level 20. :surprised:
Sweet!
Do you always play troll hunter? :)

I will not be able to do any speedruns for the time being, since my old guild started playing a tbc server suddenly, I decided to tag along.
But I got lots of time before Classic anyway and once I get myself sorted at 70 I'll probably have time for some speedruns :)

   Jpy
Image
You can find me @ www.twitch.tv/fr0sk1
Warrior Protection
User avatar
Posts: 80
Likes: 81
Horde
Warrior

Jpy wrote:
8 months ago
Hogbobson wrote:
8 months ago
I'm still cheering for anyone doing this.
GO JALAPENO! \o/
Closing in on a potential sub 10 hour level 20. :surprised:
GO JPY!!!!! \o/

   Jpy
Image
Deadwind Pass
User avatar
Posts: 99
Likes: 87
Alliance
Warlock

More power to you all and love the enthusiasm, I just fear me participating in this will just get me hooked and burned out before classic gets here

Image

Vikernes - Human Warlock - Arugal
Eastern Plaguelands
User avatar
US Faerlina
Posts: 324
Likes: 246
Horde

@Jalapeno I’ve tried both multiple times. The difference is not that big but Troll is a little better for speedrunning. I’m still not certain about which I’ll go with for launch; stun resist is insanely good for PvP.

@Toastea if you burn out from a few 1-10s then I don’t like your chances for making it to 60 :lol:

Image
Warrior Protection
User avatar
Posts: 80
Likes: 81
Horde
Warrior

To completely derail the thread, @Toastea how'd you get that gangsta banner?
Is it from here? Am I noobing right now? O_o

Image
Deadwind Pass
User avatar
Posts: 99
Likes: 87
Alliance
Warlock

@Jpy oooh I didnt know you guys were only going to 10. Maybe I should join in!

@Hogbobson Yeah man you can choose the banner signatures in the appearance part of your profile. There is one for every class, you just go to the "Appearance" tab, go over to "Signature" then at the bottom of the text box it will say " Add one of our WoW userbars to your signature! " and you just click on that :)

Image

Vikernes - Human Warlock - Arugal
Eastern Plaguelands
User avatar
US Faerlina
Posts: 324
Likes: 246
Horde

@Toastea *cough* if we ever get some more times I’ll make tables for 1-10, 1-20, and 1-30. You can do whichever bracket you’d like. Doesn’t make sense to make tables for only my times and one @teebling attempt haha.

Image
Warrior Protection
User avatar
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Posts: 1306
Likes: 2505
Orc
Warrior

Toastea wrote:
8 months ago
@Jpy oooh I didnt know you guys were only going to 10. Maybe I should join in!
I did a warr run and a hunter run to 10. Both were god awful but I really enjoyed sharing my times here and posting silly stories and screenshots. When I’m back I intend to dethrone Jpy’s hunter run (tough cos he’s basically Joana 2.0).

I think a leaderboard would still be a pretty good idea even if its only me and u who have submitted times so far.

Eastern Plaguelands
User avatar
US Faerlina
Posts: 324
Likes: 246
Horde

@teebling perhaps it’ll serve as motivation for people to play and get their name up there. I’ll work on this today, shouldn’t take long.

Also, your just over 3 hour run isn’t terrible by any means. 1-10 is such a small journey that it’s actually really difficult to make good times; a few small problems can cost you an improvement on your time easily

Image
Eastern Plaguelands
User avatar
US Faerlina
Posts: 324
Likes: 246
Horde

I really wanted that sub 10 hour level 20. It was close but...

SpoilerShow
Image

Level 20 - 9 hours 56m
:cool: :biggrin: :surprised:

Sub 9 hours seems realistic but you'd need to be really well prepared and have very little mistakes. Was getting really good xp/hour for the last grind stretch. I think in hindsight I'd probably head to this spot sooner:

Image
Warrior Protection
User avatar
Posts: 80
Likes: 81
Horde
Warrior

:O GoooooOOOOO \o\ \o/ /o/ JPY!

2 4 6 8 who's the guy who's good at things!

   Jpy
Image
Warrior Protection
User avatar
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Posts: 1306
Likes: 2505
Orc
Warrior

Holy moly he’s done it - sub 10 hour level 20! Ace.

   Jpy
Undercity
User avatar
US Stalagg
Posts: 31
Likes: 23
Undead

This would be super fun if we had a table comparing times.

Would be interesting trying different classes too!

and @Jpy If I roll a hunter on Classic I would def go orc for pvp. GJ on the sub 10 , lvl 20 btw!

   Jpy
Image
You can find me @ www.twitch.tv/fr0sk1
Eastern Plaguelands
User avatar
US Faerlina
Posts: 324
Likes: 246
Horde

Thanks all!
Will be sure to get a table up tomorrow, took a little too long wrapping up 20 tonight, sorry.

   Jalapeno
Image
Similar topics
to 'Vanilla & Classic Beta Speedrunning'
Posts ViewsLast post