Eastern Plaguelands
User avatar
Posts: 296
Likes: 225
296 posts
Orc
Hunter
Orc Hunter 296 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

35 seconds short of a sub 2 hour tonight on repack. Adjusted my route a bit so was my first time playing this route. I think I can still shave a few minutes with some adjustments, was definitely a little shaky towards the end.
First time screenshotting since dual monitor, came out a little weird lmao.

Image

   Alenya teebling
Image
Posts: 42
Likes: 32
42 posts
Alliance
Alliance 42 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

A year ago I was hitting Level 30 in 23h 20

This year I'm hitting Level 30 in 19h 12

I'm getting a little buzz every time I knock out a new little PB or find an improvement in the route. They keep adding up over time. This time wasn't my PB but I was really happy to see how consistent the runs are this year, all within about 15 minutes of each other at level 30.

The real temptation is to keep trying little different things every run which always eats at my time.

Image

   teebling Jpy kvmphvre
Posts: 42
Likes: 32
42 posts
Alliance
Alliance 42 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Jpy wrote:
2 months ago
35 seconds short of a sub 2 hour tonight on repack. Adjusted my route a bit so was my first time playing this route. I think I can still shave a few minutes with some adjustments, was definitely a little shaky towards the end.
First time screenshotting since dual monitor, came out a little weird lmao.

Image
Soooo close!

   kvmphvre
Eastern Plaguelands
User avatar
Posts: 296
Likes: 225
296 posts
Orc
Hunter
Orc Hunter 296 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

@Alenya That’s quite a good time there man, well done! I think I will try to push to 20/30 on repack once I’m satisfied with my level 10 route to see how much better I can do without all the interference you encounter on Northdale but I’m afraid rested may pile a bit as I generally can’t play too long in a single session right now.

E: Updated leaderboards, thanks for finally giving us a level 30 entry for repack!

   Pixstar
Image
Posts: 42
Likes: 32
42 posts
Alliance
Alliance 42 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Jpy wrote:
2 months ago
@Alenya That’s quite a good time there man, well done! I think I will try to push to 20/30 on repack once I’m satisfied with my level 10 route to see how much better I can do without all the interference you encounter on Northdale but I’m afraid rested may pile a bit as I generally can’t play too long in a single session right now.

E: Updated leaderboards, thanks for finally giving us a level 30 entry for repack!
I've had rested XP turned off for a while now for that reason!

Eastern Plaguelands
User avatar
Posts: 296
Likes: 225
296 posts
Orc
Hunter
Orc Hunter 296 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

@Alenya how would I go about doing that?

Image
Posts: 42
Likes: 32
42 posts
Alliance
Alliance 42 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Jpy wrote:
2 months ago
@Alenya how would I go about doing that?
I'll ask and get back to you as another member of the team does the dev work

Here's where the code is to change it:

Image

   Jpy
User avatar
Posts: 3
Likes: 4
Alliance Hunter 3 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Alenya wrote:
2 months ago
Jpy wrote:
2 months ago
@Alenya how would I go about doing that?
I'll ask and get back to you as another member of the team does the dev work

Here's where the code is to change it:

Image
I'd love some more info on this too, rest XP is the devil when trying to do speed runs.

Posts: 42
Likes: 32
42 posts
Alliance
Alliance 42 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Leshraque wrote:
2 months ago
Alenya wrote:
2 months ago
Jpy wrote:
2 months ago
@Alenya how would I go about doing that?
I'll ask and get back to you as another member of the team does the dev work

Here's where the code is to change it:

Image
I'd love some more info on this too, rest XP is the devil when trying to do speed runs.
This is as much as I have, I believe you just adjust the above settings when running the server to 0 instead of 1 and it stops xp accumulating.

Eastern Plaguelands
User avatar
Posts: 296
Likes: 225
296 posts
Orc
Hunter
Orc Hunter 296 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

@Alenya do you know which file holds those values?

Image
Arathi Basin
User avatar
Posts: 6
Likes: 2
6 posts
Horde
Warrior
Horde Warrior 6 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Interested in doing some speedrunning myself, has anyone started a discord where we can theorycraft some speedrunning stuff?

Ashenvale
User avatar
Posts: 7
Likes: 5
Night Elf Hunter 7 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Joana's Discord has discussion and theory crafting for speedrunning. Not sure if there are others available.

https://discord.gg/4tXUjF3

Ashenvale
User avatar
Posts: 36
Likes: 12
Alliance 36 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Well we could always start a tips and tricks thread of sorts here, for stuff not already being discussed by Joana.

Image
Eastern Plaguelands
User avatar
Posts: 296
Likes: 225
296 posts
Orc
Hunter
Orc Hunter 296 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

That’s the purpose of this thread in addition to showing times for forum members, feel free to ask questions here.

E: Also if anyone is decent with graphic work you can have a nice banner that you made showcased on top of the first post! :mrgreen:

Image
Arathi Basin
User avatar
Posts: 6
Likes: 2
6 posts
Horde
Warrior
Horde Warrior 6 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Jpy wrote:
2 months ago
That’s the purpose of this thread in addition to showing times for forum members, feel free to ask questions here.

E: Also if anyone is decent with graphic work you can have a nice banner that you made showcased on top of the first post! :mrgreen:
I know, just might be a bit easier to have a conversation about specific stuff :P

Eastern Plaguelands
User avatar
Posts: 296
Likes: 225
296 posts
Orc
Hunter
Orc Hunter 296 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

OMG finally...

Image

I suppose now I can do some Rogue runs and maybe try to shave off another ~30 seconds to take @yeyeftw's spot haha!

   teebling Pixstar Alenya
Image
Mulgore
User avatar
Posts: 41
Likes: 20
41 posts
Horde
Druid
Horde Druid 41 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Jpy wrote:
2 months ago
OMG finally...

Image

I suppose now I can do some Rogue runs and maybe try to shave off another ~30 seconds to take @yeyeftw's spot haha!
Congrats mate!

   Jpy
Posts: 42
Likes: 32
42 posts
Alliance
Alliance 42 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Jpy wrote:
2 months ago
@Alenya do you know which file holds those values?
I don't but I'll ask

   Jpy
Posts: 24
Likes: 23
24 posts
Alliance
Mage
Alliance Mage 24 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Image

No unwanted deaths removed a bit more time.

   Jpy Selexin Alenya Pixstar
Eastern Plaguelands
User avatar
Posts: 296
Likes: 225
296 posts
Orc
Hunter
Orc Hunter 296 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

yeyeftw wrote:
2 months ago
Image

No unwanted deaths removed a bit more time.
Really nice time m8, will get you updated soon.
E: Updated

Image
The Barrens
User avatar
Posts: 40
Likes: 47
40 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Insane times. I'm loving the leaderboards and participation in this event!

   Jpy Kup Pixstar
Arathi Basin
User avatar
Posts: 6
Likes: 2
6 posts
Horde
Warrior
Horde Warrior 6 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Image

9-10 took about 30mins ish, would be interested to see how long it takes just to grind out 9-10

(done on a repack)

   Markone Kup
Eastern Plaguelands
User avatar
Posts: 296
Likes: 225
296 posts
Orc
Hunter
Orc Hunter 296 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

@Xin Nice time, will get you added soon!

In regards to grinding for 9-10, there are the Dustwind Harpies (7-11, 4 different mobs) and Razormane Thornweavers (8-9) to look into for lower armor targets and there’s also a cliff near the Winds in the Desert quest giver that can be used to grind Elder Mottled Boars (8-9). You can juggle 2 boars simultaneously easily with the cliff as Hunter, maybe even 3 as Warrior with rend?

Image
Posts: 42
Likes: 32
42 posts
Alliance
Alliance 42 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Alenya wrote:
2 months ago
Jpy wrote:
2 months ago
@Alenya do you know which file holds those values?
I don't but I'll ask
So I don't think you can stop xp on a repack - the one I am using is a full core recompile so all the tables are editable. Sorry :(

Eastern Plaguelands
User avatar
Posts: 296
Likes: 225
296 posts
Orc
Hunter
Orc Hunter 296 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Alenya wrote:
2 months ago
Alenya wrote:
2 months ago
Jpy wrote:
2 months ago
@Alenya do you know which file holds those values?
I don't but I'll ask
So I don't think you can stop xp on a repack - the one I am using is a full core recompile so all the tables are editable. Sorry :(
No big deal, thanks for looking into it for us.

Image
Similar topics
to 'Vanilla Speedrunning'
Posts ViewsLast post