Tirisfal Glades
User avatar
Posts: 175
Likes: 131
Undead
Priest

I have no dog in this fight. But /respect to those that just grind it the fuck out!

   Alenya
<Extreme>
Council Chairman
US-Horde
Blaumeux
Posts: 43
Likes: 32
Alliance

A great end to a great weekend - new PB @ Level 20 on my repack - 7h 58min and a full 19:48 off my old PB Absolutely stoked

Image

   Jpy teebling Jalapeno
Warrior Protection
User avatar
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Posts: 1305
Likes: 2504
Orc
Warrior

Sub 8hrs hype!

Winterspring
User avatar
Posts: 274
Likes: 208
Horde

I will try my best next week. Want to compare troll and orc! :)

Image
Eastern Plaguelands
User avatar
US Faerlina
Posts: 321
Likes: 245
Horde

@Alenya amazing level 20 time! Promise to get both your new times added soon. (I’m at work on my phone and the tables are iffy to edit via mobile browser.)

Image
Posts: 43
Likes: 32
Alliance

teebling wrote:
7 months ago
Sub 8hrs hype!
So much hype :D

Rogue Subtlety
User avatar
Posts: 8
Likes: 19
Horde
Rogue

Image
my best so far on closed server

   teebling Jpy Jalapeno s1atan Alenya
twitch.tv/kupkhayqe
Eastern Plaguelands
User avatar
US Faerlina
Posts: 321
Likes: 245
Horde

@Kup another very nice time! Will get you added when I can.

Image
Druid Feral
User avatar
OC Yojamba
Posts: 899
Likes: 712
Tauren
Druid

Sub 2hour lvl 10 is solid.

ImageImage Lvl 45
ImageImage Lvl 35
Winterspring
User avatar
Posts: 274
Likes: 208
Horde

I feel like pleb with my 2h 15m :oops:

Image
Undercity
User avatar
US Stalagg
Posts: 31
Likes: 23
Undead

Very nice times indeed :)

Image
You can find me @ www.twitch.tv/fr0sk1
Eastern Plaguelands
User avatar
US Faerlina
Posts: 321
Likes: 245
Horde

Leaderboards up to date, keep going!

Image
Thunder Bluff
User avatar
Posts: 68
Likes: 64
Tauren
Druid

This thread is hyping me up so much for Classic! You guys better keep updating us so I can live vicariously through y'all!

   Jpy
Nala - Feral Druid - Grobbulus
"May the eternal sun shine upon thee"
Image
Eastern Plaguelands
User avatar
US Faerlina
Posts: 321
Likes: 245
Horde

Agreed, we have some pretty good runners on the leaderboards. For those of you who haven’t tried a run through the earlier levels of your character with emphasis on leveling as quickly as possible, it’s quite fun and you’ll try harder each time to beat your last time. Honestly, it’s hard to respect what some people have done here until you’ve tried yourself— some of these times are pretty damn impressive.

On another note, of course everyone has a right to keep their strats to themselves, I encourage people to at least post a bit about their run instead of just posting a time. How’d you do compared to your previous runs, what mistakes were made or knowledge you gained from those mistakes? Good luck for future runners, I’ve been a bit busy lately so I just fool around on a 3x rate WotLK server with IRL friends when I get free time.

Image
Rogue Assassination
User avatar
US Whitemane
Posts: 81
Likes: 60
Human
Rogue

A bit off topic, but is the repack something you guys are running locally, or are you connecting to someones server?

Image
Eastern Plaguelands
User avatar
US Faerlina
Posts: 321
Likes: 245
Horde

Solveig wrote:
7 months ago
A bit off topic, but is the repack something you guys are running locally, or are you connecting to someones server?
Locally. You can probably manage a few people connecting to your server but not many. I’ve only personally used it for solo practicing.

Image
Rogue Assassination
User avatar
US Whitemane
Posts: 81
Likes: 60
Human
Rogue

Jpy wrote:
7 months ago
Solveig wrote:
7 months ago
A bit off topic, but is the repack something you guys are running locally, or are you connecting to someones server?
Locally. You can probably manage a few people connecting to your server but not many. I’ve only personally used it for solo practicing.
Are you compiling the base code from LH or is this an actual repack?
Connections to WoW servers use very little, each players roughly a couple of kilobytes, so if you have even a reasonable connection you can actually host quite a large server. But I digress. I'd personally like to get something setup for a frew friends to muck about on, but I cbf going through the cmake process so if there's a decent repack with little setup I'd be keen to know :)

Sorry for thread hijack.

Image
Eastern Plaguelands
User avatar
US Faerlina
Posts: 321
Likes: 245
Horde

Solveig wrote:
7 months ago
Jpy wrote:
7 months ago
Solveig wrote:
7 months ago
A bit off topic, but is the repack something you guys are running locally, or are you connecting to someones server?
Locally. You can probably manage a few people connecting to your server but not many. I’ve only personally used it for solo practicing.
Are you compiling the base code from LH or is this an actual repack?
Connections to WoW servers use very little, each players roughly a couple of kilobytes, so if you have even a reasonable connection you can actually host quite a large server. But I digress. I'd personally like to get something setup for a frew friends to muck about on, but I cbf going through the cmake process so if there's a decent repack with little setup I'd be keen to know :)

Sorry for thread hijack.
Nothing to be sorry about, it’s a perfectly relevant question. In fact, I have a link in the original post about how to setup the repack that I use. :biggrin:

E: here’s a direct link.

   kvmphvre
Image
Rogue Assassination
User avatar
US Whitemane
Posts: 81
Likes: 60
Human
Rogue

Jpy wrote:
7 months ago
Solveig wrote:
7 months ago
Jpy wrote:
7 months ago
Solveig wrote:
7 months ago
A bit off topic, but is the repack something you guys are running locally, or are you connecting to someones server?
Locally. You can probably manage a few people connecting to your server but not many. I’ve only personally used it for solo practicing.
Are you compiling the base code from LH or is this an actual repack?
Connections to WoW servers use very little, each players roughly a couple of kilobytes, so if you have even a reasonable connection you can actually host quite a large server. But I digress. I'd personally like to get something setup for a frew friends to muck about on, but I cbf going through the cmake process so if there's a decent repack with little setup I'd be keen to know :)

Sorry for thread hijack.
Nothing to be sorry about, it’s a perfectly relevant question. In fact, I have a link in the original post about how to setup the repack that I use. :biggrin:

E: here’s a direct link.

Brilliant, thanks Jpy! Will have a look when I get home :)

   Jpy kvmphvre
Image
Mulgore
User avatar
EU Firemaw
Posts: 28
Likes: 24
Troll
Rogue

Great thread and initiative! This is so very much up my alley. Not directly because of the speedrunning, but because one of the things I love the most is leveling characters through the early game.

I don't really know why, but I would level tons of characters to around 20-30 back in the day, then start over. I was once playing a troll shaman, and I had just hit 30 and gotten the corpsemaker from RFK which was a big goal of mine - when I rolled a new troll shaman because I wanted blue hair instead.

I recently leveled a shaman to 10 or so on northdale, so I could whip up a screenshot once I get home. Although, I completed the fire totem quest which takes freaking forever, so it's not really representative in a speedrun perspective.

[edit]

Jpy wrote:
7 months ago
Nothing to be sorry about, it’s a perfectly relevant question. In fact, I have a link in the original post about how to setup the repack that I use. :biggrin:

E: here’s a direct link.
Also, damn! Thanks a bunch for the info. Have been wanting to set something up locally for testing purposes. Cheers @Jpy!

   Jpy
Image
I like tea.
Posts: 43
Likes: 32
Alliance

Jpy wrote:
7 months ago
On another note, of course everyone has a right to keep their strats to themselves, I encourage people to at least post a bit about their run instead of just posting a time. How’d you do compared to your previous runs, what mistakes were made or knowledge you gained from those mistakes? Good luck for future runners, I’ve been a bit busy lately so I just fool around on a 3x rate WotLK server with IRL friends when I get free time.
Good point, I'll make sure to add some story next time <3

Rogue Subtlety
User avatar
Posts: 8
Likes: 19
Horde
Rogue

Jpy wrote:
7 months ago
On another note, of course everyone has a right to keep their strats to themselves, I encourage people to at least post a bit about their run instead of just posting a time. How’d you do compared to your previous runs, what mistakes were made or knowledge you gained from those mistakes? Good luck for future runners, I’ve been a bit busy lately so I just fool around on a 3x rate WotLK server with IRL friends when I get free time.
heres my 2 runs on the leaderboards
Rogue on northdale:

Warrior on dead server:

I take a very "grind heavy" approach i think, if you have any tips or something im doing wrong let me know pls
E: i purposely did not use frontstabbing because it will not be relevent in classic.

   s1atan Redzy_TV Jpy teebling kvmphvre
twitch.tv/kupkhayqe
Eastern Plaguelands
User avatar
US Faerlina
Posts: 321
Likes: 245
Horde

Thanks for sharing Kup! Will give these a watch when I get time, a bit busy this morning. I was wondering if you used frontstab when you posted that Rogue time, quite impressive without it m8.

Image
Posts: 24
Likes: 23
Alliance
Mage

Hey, new here, but thought this was interesting, so wanted to join along.

As a start i will just list my 1 - 10 time on Nelf hunter


The run had 3 deaths because i am a clown at times. Also worth noting is that 1-6 was done in 29 min 4 sec.

you can see the video here:



The video is 1-10 + pet training and Darnassus

Its on repacked server, not that it does much difference.

   teebling SweaterMonster Jpy Kup Alenya
Eastern Plaguelands
User avatar
US Faerlina
Posts: 321
Likes: 245
Horde

@yeyeftw nice time! Will get you added when I have a chance.
E: Leaderboards udated.

Image
Similar topics
to 'Vanilla & Classic Beta Speedrunning'
Posts ViewsLast post