Warrior Protection
User avatar
Discord:

teebling#5444


Bnet:

Teeb#2674


Posts: 1137
Likes: 2144
525 posts
Orc
Warrior
Orc Warrior 525 posts
7 months ago (Pre-release)
7 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread


Complete World of Warcraft Vanilla/Classic Icon Pack

by teebling • 28th December 2018


Image
Image Download (.zip, 15.3 MB)
This is the complete pack of 2000+ game icons used in Vanilla & Classic World of Warcraft. They are served in .PNG format for your use as forum avatars, in-game mod icons, web design etc.

  • 60x60 in dimensions. All images have been compressed (removal of meta data) for web usage.
  • They are slightly enlarged from the originals, enhanced, and I have removed the grey 'frame' border found on the native files.
  • Categorised into Abilities, Armour, Miscellaneous, Places, Characters and Creatures, Spells, Trade, Weapons.
  • The original artwork is by Blizzard Entertainment, from the game World of Warcraft, which I do not claim rights to.
  • I made them by batch processing the original .DDS files - check out my guide on how to do this.

For Legion client icons visit this topic.

If you would like to use these icons they are free for non-commercial use providing that proper credit and attribution is made to this page in the form of a link to https://barrens.chat on your website or publication.

   Tuwori atkars RaidBossRowe STE Artmos
User avatar
Posts: 19
Likes: 13
Alliance 19 posts
4 months ago (Pre-release)
4 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

This is beyond incredible! Thanks so much!

I wonder if using these in a completely not-for-profit game would qualify under fair use...?

Hunter Marksman
User avatar
Guild:

Sol In Noctem - Golemagg EU PvP


Posts: 28
Likes: 19
Horde Hunter 28 posts
4 months ago (Pre-release)
4 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

First off, awesome job! Is there a way to use these as emoji in Discord?

Together we thrive, divided we survive.
In the darkest night, we are the light.

Sol In Noctem

Image
Warrior Protection
User avatar
Discord:

teebling#5444


Bnet:

Teeb#2674


Posts: 1137
Likes: 2144
525 posts
Orc
Warrior
Orc Warrior 525 posts
4 months ago (Pre-release)
4 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Soupoftheday wrote:
4 months ago
First off, awesome job! Is there a way to use these as emoji in Discord?
I don't really use Discord much so I wouldn't know, sorry! They're good old image files though so I'm sure it's not hard. Actually @Zephan might be able to help you with this - his warlock discord is pretty nicely styled and has custom emoji.

   Soupoftheday
Burning Steppes
User avatar
Guild:

Guide


Discord:

@Zephan#0001


Posts: 6
Likes: 5
Gnome Warlock 6 posts
4 months ago (Pre-release)
4 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

As long as they are under 256kb it should be of no issue and as WoW icons are nice and square they look great on discord aswell :)

   Soupoftheday
Hunter Marksman
User avatar
Guild:

Sol In Noctem - Golemagg EU PvP


Posts: 28
Likes: 19
Horde Hunter 28 posts
3 months ago (Pre-release)
3 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Tried it, works perfectly on Discord, as do the animated gif ;) My guild loves them!

   Zephan
Together we thrive, divided we survive.
In the darkest night, we are the light.

Sol In Noctem

Image
User avatar
Posts: 1
Likes: 1
Alliance Rogue 1 post
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Thank you so much this saves me so much time!

   teebling
Feralas
User avatar
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Alliance Warrior 1 post
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hey, great collection but I think there are some icons missing?

Example being:

https://classic.wowhead.com/item=19364/ ... rotherhood which has icon inv_sword_50 where the icon pack stops at inv_sword_48 in that example.

Also a whole bunch of the jewellery also:
https://classic.wowhead.com/item=19138/band-of-sulfuras with inv-jewelry-ring-36 where in the pack it ends at ring_32.

Great set though!

Warrior Protection
User avatar
Discord:

teebling#5444


Bnet:

Teeb#2674


Posts: 1137
Likes: 2144
525 posts
Orc
Warrior
Orc Warrior 525 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

zogot wrote:
1 month ago
Hey, great collection but I think there are some icons missing?

Example being:

https://classic.wowhead.com/item=19364/ ... rotherhood which has icon inv_sword_50 where the icon pack stops at inv_sword_48 in that example.

Also a whole bunch of the jewellery also:
https://classic.wowhead.com/item=19138/band-of-sulfuras with inv-jewelry-ring-36 where in the pack it ends at ring_32.

Great set though!
Thanks Zogot,

Not sure how that has happened as the files I pulled straight from the MPQs. Perhaps an earlier client or something? Either way I'll check it out :smile:

Blasted Lands
User avatar
Posts: 26
Likes: 21
Dwarf Paladin 26 posts
4 weeks ago (Beta)
4 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
1 month ago

Thanks Zogot,

Not sure how that has happened as the files I pulled straight from the MPQs. Perhaps an earlier client or something? Either way I'll check it out :smile:
You forgot to use patch.MPQ as well, which includes all icons added after open beta 1.0. Just using interface.MPQ will land you with open beta 1.0 icons only.

Another thing I noticed, why does it say that it's processed from "original .DDS files" when all icons from vanilla to even BfA are and have always been in .BLP format? DDS format is not used in World of Warcraft.

Warrior Protection
User avatar
Discord:

teebling#5444


Bnet:

Teeb#2674


Posts: 1137
Likes: 2144
525 posts
Orc
Warrior
Orc Warrior 525 posts
4 weeks ago (Beta)
4 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

vanillalad wrote:
4 weeks ago
teebling wrote:
1 month ago

Thanks Zogot,

Not sure how that has happened as the files I pulled straight from the MPQs. Perhaps an earlier client or something? Either way I'll check it out :smile:
You forgot to use patch.MPQ as well, which includes all icons added after open beta 1.0. Just using interface.MPQ will land you with open beta 1.0 icons only.

Another thing I noticed, why does it say that it's processed from "original .DDS files" when all icons from vanilla to even BfA are and have always been in .BLP format? DDS format is not used in World of Warcraft.
Oh nice one, thanks for the info man I will have to repack this then with the post-1.0 icons!

Yes you are right I actually started extracting .dds files from WC3 and suppose I didn’t notice the format change when it came to WoW.

Blasted Lands
User avatar
Posts: 26
Likes: 21
Dwarf Paladin 26 posts
4 weeks ago (Beta)
4 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
1 month ago

Oh nice one, thanks for the info man I will have to repack this then with the post-1.0 icons!

Yes you are right I actually started extracting .dds files from WC3 and suppose I didn’t notice the format change when it came to WoW.
Actually, WC3 uses the .BLP format for icons too. However WC3 uses BLP v1 while WoW uses BLP v2.

A bit unrelated:
I saw that you posted WC3 icons in another topic which amounted to 235 images. Since your most recent reply made me interested in checking WC3 out, I converted all 1092 .BLP icons from WC3 to .TGA (uncompressed). Here is DL link:

Since I'm on a roll already, I decided to convert all 2684 WoW icons from the 1.12.1 client to uncompressed .TGA format as well, so you can do whatever with it.
DL link:

   teebling
Warrior Protection
User avatar
Discord:

teebling#5444


Bnet:

Teeb#2674


Posts: 1137
Likes: 2144
525 posts
Orc
Warrior
Orc Warrior 525 posts
4 weeks ago (Beta)
4 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@vanillalad legend mate, I will reup your work and credit you for completing the set. Thanks so much!

Ironforge
User avatar
Discord:

Sams#5960


Posts: 14
Likes: 15
14 posts
Alliance
Warrior
Alliance Warrior 14 posts
3 weeks ago (Beta)
3 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@teebling

I have yet to find an icon pack with the warrior berserker stance icon :(

Blasted Lands
User avatar
Posts: 26
Likes: 21
Dwarf Paladin 26 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Sams wrote:
3 weeks ago
@teebling

I have yet to find an icon pack with the warrior berserker stance icon :(
It's named Ability_Racial_Avatar, I've got it inside my pack.

Similar topics
to 'Icon Pack • 2000+ WoW Vanilla Classic Icons in .PNG'
Posts ViewsLast post