Getting Exalted reputation with Wintersaber Trainers in WoW Classic
- You must be anAlliance race and be a minimum of level 58 to begin any quests.
- The total number of reputation points required for Exalted is 42,000.
- There are only three repeatable quests that contribute towards your reputation.
- These three quests are given by https://classic.wowhead.com/npc=10618, who can be found perched on top of Frostaber Rock.
- The first repeatable quest is available immediately (you start at 3000 rep - Neutral), second at 4500 rep, third at 7500 rep.
- The quests take place exclusively within Winterspring.
If you have done this grind in any version of WoW past BC you will be surprised at how much longer it is going to take you in Classic. In BC there was an additional fourth quest added - it didn't exist vanilla. Shortly after, the rep reward was increased fourfold to make this grind even easier. So, what about in Classic? This leaves you with only three quests per cycle, and not a lot of rep rewards either:
If it really is #nochanges and they go with the original, pre-BC rep reward numbers...
- The first two quests will only give 50 rep upon completion
- The third quest will give only 75 rep upon completion
- So that's only 175 reputation per cycle if you are able to pick up all three quests.
Taking into account the time it takes to unlock all three quests, the odd repair, the odd death, and an average completion time of 1.5 hours for a full cycle of all three quests...
- Playing 1.5 hours a day will take you ~131 days to reach Exalted
- Playing 3 hours a day will take you ~99 days to reach Exalted
- Playing 4.5 hours a day will take you ~66 days to reach Exalted
Hopefully this puts things into perspective a bit - even if you play a substantial amount of wow and are super-focused the minimum time to reach exalted with Frostsaber Trainers is over 2 months!
Random drop quest (~20% drop rate) • No reputation requirement
Northern Winterspring • Green area on map
Kill quest • Requires 4500 rep, unlocked after thirty turn-ins of https://classic.wowhead.com/quest=4970/ ... provisions
Eastern Winterspring • Blue area on map
Kill quest • Requires 7500 rep (Honored), unlocked after sixty turn-ins of either of the previous quests (30 cycles)
Southern Winterspring • Purple area on map
Below is a map of Winterspring that highlights my recommended route of a full cycle (all 3 quests). I have also marked the positions of Rivern Frostwind, a repair point and the flight point in Everlook. The black dotted line is the recommended walking route and the coloured areas depict the location of quest objectives. The red dotted line is an alternative route that you may take - I will explain in a moment.
You can do either direction but I prefer to head east first and tackle provisions, then incursion, then giants. On the way back you pass near Everlook (and can make a short detour in case you need repairs). Further north on the return route you can make a small detour eastwards again to pick up any remaining provisions you may have missed on the way down.
Alternative route: If you are on a low population server and Winterfall Village isn't too busy with other farmers, then you can consider completing only https://classic.wowhead.com/quest=5201/ ... -intrusion for your cycle. You will be dismounted by Chimaera in the green area whilst running back and forth - if this happens just kill them and loot any meat on them. That way it becomes efficient by letting you turn in https://classic.wowhead.com/quest=4970/ ... provisions every once in a while.
Your boy teeb
Beautiful guide, well done!
I'm probably going for this again~ I mean, why not do this while i get Timbermaw Rep? :)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... reputation
How do you land on your estimated days to reach exalted?
As far is i can see, if a cycle of all 3 guests take 1.5 hours and that rewards 175 rep.
Then with 1.5 hours played pr day I would take:
39000 Rep from Neutral to exalted
175 Rep pr day
39000/175 = 222.86 days
And even that is too high, because you wouldn't have access to all 3 quests before you reach honored.
But very good guide :)