Undercity
User avatar
EU Ragnaros
162 posts
Alliance
Alliance 162 posts
10 months ago
10 months ago
  •  Unread

Amazing forum man! You should advertise it on Classic reddits and discords.

Moderator • Private Message
Image
Feralas
User avatar
EU Ghostlands
525 posts
Horde
Hunter
Horde Hunter 525 posts
10 months ago
10 months ago
  •  Unread

Syturio wrote:
10 months ago
Amazing forum man! You should advertise it on Classic reddits and discords.
Thanks Syturio and welcome :grin:

I spent 20 USD on a classicwow subreddit campaign but only got like 40 clicks for what I paid so I stopped it.
Do you know any good discord servers for Classic?

The Barrens
36 posts
10 months ago
10 months ago
  •  Unread

Holy activity batman welcome to all the new peeps!
Great to see some new faces :)

Undercity
User avatar
EU Ragnaros
162 posts
Alliance
Alliance 162 posts
10 months ago
10 months ago
  •  Unread

teebling wrote:
10 months ago
Syturio wrote:
10 months ago
Amazing forum man! You should advertise it on Classic reddits and discords.
Thanks Syturio and welcome :grin:

I spent 20 USD on a classicwow subreddit campaign but only got like 40 clicks for what I paid so I stopped it.
Do you know any good discord servers for Classic?
You dont need to pay anything, just go on reddit: lightshope, elysium-project, classic-wow, kronos
Those are all Classic WoW only reddits, just make a post about this forum people will come.

Moderator • Private Message
Image
Warrior Fury
User avatar
EU Argent Dawn
168 posts
Horde
Horde 168 posts
10 months ago
10 months ago
  •  Unread

Syturio wrote:
10 months ago
teebling wrote:
10 months ago
Syturio wrote:
10 months ago
Amazing forum man! You should advertise it on Classic reddits and discords.
Thanks Syturio and welcome :grin:

I spent 20 USD on a classicwow subreddit campaign but only got like 40 clicks for what I paid so I stopped it.
Do you know any good discord servers for Classic?
You dont need to pay anything, just go on reddit: lightshope, elysium-project, classic-wow, kronos
Those are all Classic WoW only reddits, just make a post about this forum people will come.
Though I'd recommend to go it through with the admins of the reddit first, just in case and out of courtesy.

Feralas
User avatar
EU Ghostlands
525 posts
Horde
Hunter
Horde Hunter 525 posts
10 months ago
10 months ago
  •  Unread

[mention]Syturio[/mention] Unfortunately it’s against rediquette to simply post out of the blue asking for traffic - they’ll just ban me hehe.

Don’t worry I’m doing everything I can to bring in more people. If you guys want to help please feel free to share the site with friends on your discord servers and social networks

Warrior Fury
User avatar
EU Argent Dawn
168 posts
Horde
Horde 168 posts
10 months ago
10 months ago
  •  Unread

teebling wrote:
10 months ago
@Syturio Unfortunately it’s against rediquette to simply post out of the blue asking for traffic - they’ll just ban me hehe.

Don’t worry I’m doing everything I can to bring in more people. If you guys want to help please feel free to share the site with friends on your discord servers and social networks
Have done that myself so we’ll see how fruitful it will be.

Also, as a side note; I’d personally like to see this thread here only be for site updates. It will be easier to read through and find the newest updates, rather than having to go through other posters before you find the updates. So perhaps you could remove our posts and lock the thread for yourself only?

Just an opinion, you do what you feel is necessary!

Feralas
User avatar
EU Ghostlands
525 posts
Horde
Hunter
Horde Hunter 525 posts
10 months ago
10 months ago
  •  Unread

I think I'll just combine my updates into the first post, that way we can still have feedback in here and I'll post to let you guys know about any new updates.

EDIT: actually that sucks I'll do as you have suggested lol

Feralas
User avatar
EU Ghostlands
525 posts
Horde
Hunter
Horde Hunter 525 posts
10 months ago
10 months ago
  •  Unread

There we go, I split the comments into a separate topic :)

Warrior Fury
User avatar
EU Argent Dawn
168 posts
Horde
Horde 168 posts
10 months ago
10 months ago
  •  Unread

Good initiative!

I can drop my feedback and say that I throughly enjoy this website and hope to see it grow in the future. I hope people genuinely decides to sign up and join us in here.

Orgrimmar
User avatar
US Gnomeregan
26 posts
Horde
Warlock
Horde Warlock 26 posts
10 months ago
10 months ago
  •  Unread

Yeah you have done a good job with the design now it’s all about content and users!

Undercity
User avatar
EU Ragnaros
162 posts
Alliance
Alliance 162 posts
10 months ago
10 months ago
  •  Unread

Will you add categorys / sections to this forum in the future? Kinda like all Forums nowadays do.

Moderator • Private Message
Image
Feralas
User avatar
EU Ghostlands
525 posts
Horde
Hunter
Horde Hunter 525 posts
10 months ago
10 months ago
  •  Unread

Syturio wrote:
10 months ago
Will you add categorys / sections to this forum in the future? Kinda like all Forums nowadays do.
If it gets big enough to warrant categorisation then yeah. Until now I think the one forum will suffice :) Thanks for the input.

Teldrassil
User avatar
EU Dunemaul
29 posts
Alliance
Mage
Alliance Mage 29 posts
10 months ago
10 months ago
  •  Unread

We strongly need a voting system to vote posts, just like Reddit. Most of the time I feel like I agree with someone but I don't have much to add to the conversation so I'm left with the need to show the user that I agree with them.

Image
Undercity
User avatar
EU Ragnaros
162 posts
Alliance
Alliance 162 posts
10 months ago
10 months ago
  •  Unread

Flerex wrote:
10 months ago
We strongly need a voting system to vote posts, just like Reddit. Most of the time I feel like I agree with someone but I don't have much to add to the conversation so I'm left with the need to show the user that I agree with them.
If we ever get a vote system i hope its not like Reddit.

I want a vote system that actualy shows how many "LIKES" and how many "DISLIKES" the post has.

Reddit has this awful vote system where each LIKE equals +1 and each DISLIKE equals -1, so if a post has 20 dislikes and 10 likes it will appear as "-10" and people would never know how many people agreed with that post.

Moderator • Private Message
Image
Feralas
User avatar
EU Ghostlands
525 posts
Horde
Hunter
Horde Hunter 525 posts
10 months ago
10 months ago
  •  Unread

For the 1.1 release I’m installing an extension that will allow you to ‘like/thank/react’ to a post @[mention]Flerex[/mention]. I knownexactly what you mean - sometimes you just want to show appreciation but not necessarily make a post in order to say so. I hope that this development helps fill that hole.

As for a full reddit style voting system its not really possible with phpBB as its a very different way of organising the content. People might be able to accumulate points in the future, such as Gold as an equivalent of karma, but an upvote/downvote thing wouldn’t work.

Thanks for the feedback as always - hoping that version 1.1 satisfies the both of you :)

Thunder Bluff
Horde 25 posts
10 months ago
10 months ago
  •  Unread

I'll try to promote this forum on classic related platforms. You've made something really awesome, both functionally and aesthetically.

Feralas
User avatar
EU Ghostlands
525 posts
Horde
Hunter
Horde Hunter 525 posts
10 months ago
10 months ago
  •  Unread

Rootdancer wrote:
10 months ago
I'll try to promote this forum on classic related platforms. You've made something really awesome, both functionally and aesthetically.
Rootdancer welcome to BC!

Yes please do, the more people who get involved the richer the discussion will be. Thank you for your efforts and I hope you enjoy using the site! :wink:

Thunder Bluff
Horde 25 posts
10 months ago
10 months ago
  •  Unread

teebling wrote:
10 months ago
For the 1.1 release I’m installing an extension that will allow you to ‘like/thank/react’ to a post @@Flerex. I knownexactly what you mean - sometimes you just want to show appreciation but not necessarily make a post in order to say so. I hope that this development helps fill that hole.

As for a full reddit style voting system its not really possible with phpBB as its a very different way of organising the content. People might be able to accumulate points in the future, such as Gold as an equivalent of karma, but an upvote/downvote thing wouldn’t work.

Thanks for the feedback as always - hoping that version 1.1 satisfies the both of you :)
It is a great idea to add reactions! Will each user have their own statistics on the amount of likes, dislikes, cheers or buuh's they've received? And when do you plan on relasing 1.1?

And thank you for the warm welcome :oops:

Feralas
User avatar
EU Ghostlands
525 posts
Horde
Hunter
Horde Hunter 525 posts
10 months ago
10 months ago
  •  Unread

Possibly yes I haven't looked into the plugin properly yet - it might require some more modding work to get it to work as intended so we will see! I'm sure that you will be able to see how many likes a post has received for example.

When will it release? Hard to say at the moment. I work on a ship IRL and we're about to do a two week passage from Cyprus to the UK so my internet is totally dependant on the weather and satellite availability. In the meantime I will be working on the site locally (offline) so that by the time I'm back on dry land I'll be able to bring it to the live site. I'll keep you all posted :)

Thunder Bluff
Horde 25 posts
10 months ago
10 months ago
  •  Unread

teebling wrote:
10 months ago
Possibly yes I haven't looked into the plugin properly yet - it might require some more modding work to get it to work as intended so we will see! I'm sure that you will be able to see how many likes a post has received for example.

When will it release? Hard to say at the moment. I work on a ship IRL and we're about to do a two week passage from Cyprus to the UK so my internet is totally dependant on the weather and satellite availability. In the meantime I will be working on the site locally (offline) so that by the time I'm back on dry land I'll be able to bring it to the live site. I'll keep you all posted :)
Oh cool, will you be playing Classic from a boat? :mrgreen: I work in shipping and logistics with focus on sea freight!

Feralas
User avatar
EU Ghostlands
525 posts
Horde
Hunter
Horde Hunter 525 posts
10 months ago
10 months ago
  •  Unread

Oh cool! No it’s not good enough for wow with latency and I only get 750mb for 20 pounds so yeah... I will play in my months off.

I work on a subsea construction ship so im in oil/gas. I have friends in freight though.

Thunder Bluff
Horde 25 posts
10 months ago
10 months ago
  •  Unread

teebling wrote:
10 months ago
Oh cool! No it’s not good enough for wow with latency and I only get 750mb for 20 pounds so yeah... I will play in my months off.

I work on a subsea construction ship so im in oil/gas. I have friends in freight though.
So you will be gaming hard then disappear for a bit, rinse and repeat? :surprised:

Duskwood
39 posts
10 months ago
10 months ago
  •  Unread

Where are all you gorgeous people coming from?? Wherever that is welcome.. :mrgreen:

Thunder Bluff
Horde 25 posts
10 months ago
10 months ago
  •  Unread

Iced_Plasma wrote:
10 months ago
Where are all you gorgeous people coming from?? Wherever that is welcome.. :mrgreen:
I'm representing Denmark! Born in the UK, Danish heritage and Czech last name.

Similar topics
to 'Some feedback'
Posts ViewsLast post