User avatar
US Incendius
Posts: 37
Likes: 11
Alliance
Warlock
9 months ago (1.13.3)
 •  Unread

Hey everyone,

I was thinking of hosting GDKP on my server with a custom addon and wanted to see if anyone had feedback or what might not work with this idea

-There's no requirement to join except for a 10g buy-in which you get back at the end of the raid

-Minimum bid for an item is 10g

-If nobody bids the item, it goes on free roll but if someone bids then free roll is over

-Bids are all open bids in raid chat by typing "!Bid" to +10g the last bid or "!Bid 350" to bid exactly 350g for example

-Theres a countdown after nobody bids before the auction is won and at the end (after every auction) I'll post an update of the new size of the gold pool

-Bid trolling is encouraged (like a rogue bidding on a mage BOP) but if you win the auction and don't pay I'm thinking you either get -100g at the end of the pool (handled by the addon, if you're still at -20g or something at the end obviously you don't have to pay but it'll carry over to the next run and you won't get any gold until you're positive again) . It's sort of like you paid every person in the raid 2.5g for messing up in the auction). Then the auction just starts again

-BoEs, mats, and patterns are held until the end and auctioned off individually (except for mats which I'll group together and give people 3 minutes to decide on a bid/do the math how much it's worth)

-All the gold gets split evenly at the end

Only thing I'm unsure about is how to stop whisper collusion like "don't bid more than 100g and I'll give you 50g"

Also the only way I can screw people over is by not splitting the gold at the end. So you lose 10g and 2 hours of your time (which is exactly what happens if you joined a free roll pug and didn't win anything)

Would this make any sense/would you want to join something like this?

   Caperfin
User avatar
EU Dreadmist
Posts: 281
Likes: 308
Horde
9 months ago (1.13.3)
 •  Unread

Papasmurf84 wrote:
9 months ago
-Bid trolling is encouraged (like a rogue bidding on a mage BOP) but if you win the auction and don't pay I'm thinking you either get -100g at the end of the pool (handled by the addon, if you're still at -20g or something at the end obviously you don't have to pay but it'll carry over to the next run and you won't get any gold until you're positive again) . It's sort of like you paid every person in the raid 2.5g for messing up in the auction). Then the auction just starts again
This is just asking for drama and people leaving the raid early.

Also, if you're just trolling the bids for fun with no intention of ever joining another run you won't be punished for this at all.
Papasmurf84 wrote:
9 months ago
Would this make any sense/would you want to join something like this?
Eh, I just don't see it catching on right now.

In retail you have the opposite problem to Classic, gold is abundant and the content (at the highest level) can be challenging with huge barriers to entry (AP farm etc), so gold runs make total sense.

In Classic gold is very scarce for most players but the content is a joke. Any guild that can get 40 people together should be farming MC and split Ony.

I'd wager you're more likely to get loot from a PUG by rolling the dice than to take the chance that you have more gold than Mr. Moneybags.

If you're joining the raid to make gold and not bid on items then it could be beneficial, you'd just have to hope that the bids get silly. That being said, if you're geared enough that you don't want any items from MC then you are most likely in a raiding guild and owe your weekly lockout to your guild and not to a GDKP run.

Fast forward a few months when BWL is on farm and MC is even more trivial? Perhaps it could catch on.

Just my 2c. :lol:

   Stfuppercut
User avatar
US Incendius
Posts: 37
Likes: 11
Alliance
Warlock
9 months ago (1.13.3)
 •  Unread

*tips fedora*

Warrior Fury
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 1218
Likes: 808
Gnome
Warrior
9 months ago (1.13.3)
 •  Unread

I would just join a full pug run with /rolls instead. The extra time/effort/trust that this requires just isn't worth it for the very small profit margins. I'd rather lose a /roll on a beneficial item to a main spec player who will equip it, than watch a good item get trolled and vendored, only to make about 2-5 gold myself... I've seen GDKP work well on private with more stringent rules and this typically works best with a strong core team out of a guild who is hosting with about 10-20 pugs in an effort to build the guild bank. If a solo were running this and encouraging troll bids, I'd just wait a few seconds until the next pug MC add popped up and join that instead. You also mention things carrying over to the next run, which I wouldn't be interested in for a pug. If I planned on attending on a consistent schedule with the same team, I'd just opt to join a traditional team rather than a consistent pug.

   Relik
g0bledyg00k wrote:
10 months ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
User avatar
US Incendius
Posts: 37
Likes: 11
Alliance
Warlock
9 months ago (1.13.3)
 •  Unread

You think somebody is going to buy an item for 200g and vendor it just to "troll"?

Also since it seems like you took the last guys post seriously I'll quote him:

Relik wrote:
9 months ago
Papasmurf84 wrote:
9 months ago
-Bid trolling is encouraged (like a rogue bidding on a mage BOP) but if you win the auction and don't pay I'm thinking you either get -100g at the end of the pool (handled by the addon, if you're still at -20g or something at the end obviously you don't have to pay but it'll carry over to the next run and you won't get any gold until you're positive again) . It's sort of like you paid every person in the raid 2.5g for messing up in the auction). Then the auction just starts again
Also, if you're just trolling the bids for fun with no intention of ever joining another run you won't be punished for this at all.
Seems like you guys both suffer from lack of reading comprehension lol (and common sense)

Or you're just trolling with your comments, which I guess you're entitled to do cause this is just the internet lol

User avatar
EU Dreadmist
Posts: 281
Likes: 308
Horde
9 months ago (1.13.3)
 •  Unread

Papasmurf84 wrote:
9 months ago
You think somebody is going to buy an item for 200g and vendor it just to "troll"?
Papasmurf84 wrote:
9 months ago
-Bid trolling is encouraged (like a rogue bidding on a mage BOP)
Papasmurf84 wrote:
9 months ago
Seems like you guys both suffer from lack of reading comprehension lol (and common sense)
So what have we misunderstood?

If a rogue trolls all of the casters by outbidding them on https://classic.wowhead.com/item=17103/ ... -mageblade then you would not only give it to them but encourage this behaviour?

If they don't pay up after winning the bid then they're not losing anything, they just get to be an annoying dick for 5 minutes by holding up the raid and all they lose is their 10g buy in which they'll have made back from boss loot anyway. Telling them that they're starting the next raid at a gold deficit is pointless because they won't be joining the next raid.

Also, leave the shitty attitude for reddit. :wink:

   Forsakenone
Warlock Affliction
User avatar
US Kirtonos
Posts: 475
Likes: 228
Horde
Warlock
9 months ago (1.13.3)
 •  Unread

Papasmurf84 wrote:
9 months ago
Or you're just trolling with your comments
He's not trolling my friend.

@Relik is wise beyond his years, listen to what he has to say.

Basically he is just saying there is nothing preventing people from fake bidding and causing drama in the raid.
Same with stfupper, relik is also noting its probably worth, while pugging, to roll for items instead of bidding.

   Forsakenone
Image Image
Image Image
| Nýxt - Affliction Warlock | Kirtonos PVP | Level 60 | =-|-= | Awkaran - Resto Druid | Kirtonos PVP | Level 27 |
User avatar
US Incendius
Posts: 37
Likes: 11
Alliance
Warlock
9 months ago (1.13.3)
 •  Unread

You're saying a rogue is going to give away 800g+ to troll eight random people in a raid lol

Warrior Fury
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 1218
Likes: 808
Gnome
Warrior
9 months ago (1.13.3)
 •  Unread

Papasmurf84 wrote:
9 months ago
You're saying a rogue is going to give away 800g+ to troll eight random people in a raid lol
I'm saying the integrity of the system is flawed because it encourages poor behavior and sets a lot of people up to be disappointed. Why would someone opt to join this hellish version of a pug raid when they could just /roll instead? If you don't think a hunter wouldn't troll bid on a binding to get a thunderfury, you're insane. This system will take more time, more coordination and more trust than just /rolling and will yield more tears and more disgruntled players - not worth it. This is a poor idea and you probably cant recognize that because you lack experience. Dont shit on more experienced players who are trying to give you meaningful insight into why your idea is awful.

   Forsakenone
g0bledyg00k wrote:
10 months ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
User avatar
US Incendius
Posts: 37
Likes: 11
Alliance
Warlock
9 months ago (1.13.3)
 •  Unread

Lol

Also a hunter with thunderfury would be badass

He paid the ~2000 gold

Badlands
User avatar
EU Flamelash
Posts: 432
Likes: 169
Gnome
Shaman
9 months ago (1.13.3)
 •  Unread

Papasmurf84 wrote:
9 months ago
Lol

Also a hunter with thunderfury would be badass

He paid the ~2000 gold
I would gladly pay 2k gold for a TF on my hunter. It's the BiS forever melee Hunter Tank weapon.

Image    Image     Image
Druid Feral
EU Gehennas
Posts: 212
Likes: 89
Horde
Druid
9 months ago (1.13.3)
 •  Unread

This system just brings out the worst in people. Its the greed is good kind of way.

And we all know where it brought Charlie Sheen. E.g. being a tiger-blood drinking warlock with HIV.

Similar topics
to 'GDKP advice'
Posts ViewsLast post

Latest Blue Posts

View all
  • Screenshot of the Month

    View gallery