Posts: 151
Likes: 44
1 year ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

All the ridiculous 5 man groups running around doing soloable quests is probably the dumbest thing I've ever seen in a game and it is certainly taking away from the feel of the game. Just isn't the same, when people don't play it, and just run through it stealing mobs wherever they can. This is tuning into a joke real quick.

Warlock Destruction
User avatar
Posts: 20
Likes: 11
Horde
1 year ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Let's have a dedicated server for speedrunners :D

Westfall
User avatar
US Pagle
Posts: 84
Likes: 78
Dwarf
Priest
1 year ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

The way I see it is that it's a group of 5 friends wanting to play together and it's been 15 years. Times have changed and people know their friends will play more if they play together, you can't control what other players do.

If you're wanting a more single player experience, you're free to wait a few months when everyone is 60 and the questing zones are quieter.

   Pippina fendor Falcon Stfuppercut Alnir Krunk
Ashenvale
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 1022
Likes: 778
Gnome
Warrior
1 year ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

I'm having fun collecting groups of people I've never met before and just smashing through quests adventuring around the countryside. Grouping up with people and having fun together is the entire experience for me. The solo playstyle is part of what put me off retail over the years. Yeah, I could do quests solo, but I don't want to. I'd rather make some friends and quest with them. It's how I played the game in 2005, and it's how I'm playing again now.

TeamRemix is right though, if you'd prefer not to play with anybody around you then just wait a few months. The majority of players will move through the questing zones and the only people left questing there will be a handful of people playing alts.

Warrior Fury
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 1218
Likes: 808
Gnome
Warrior
1 year ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Zacheous wrote:
1 year ago
All the ridiculous 5 man groups running around doing soloable quests is probably the dumbest thing I've ever seen in a game and it is certainly taking away from the feel of the game. Just isn't the same, when people don't play it, and just run through it stealing mobs wherever they can. This is tuning into a joke real quick.
Slooooow down, you arent having fun the way I want you to have fun!!! You arent supposed to stay in a group and socialize with your friends from 1-60! Youre supposed to participate in the largely antisocial experience of Classic where you solo quest and play by yourself 95% of the time. For the other 5% you should group with people you find in the world! /s

But with layering no one is in my world. With mega servers I am not seeing the same people twice so I am not building meaningful relationships with those who I see. Therefore, the only community I get to interact with or see consistently, is from the people on my friends group or in my guild.

And who woulda thunk things would be the same as on private? Who woulda thunk that the min/max mindset would impact the entire playerbase in one way or another? Anyone who has played any game with any level of competition in a multiplayer setting ever could have predicted this. Of course people are going to optimize because whether they are hardcore or casual, they value their time. So many people will opt to level as quickly as they can within reason. This doesnt necessarily translate to speed leveling but it is still optimization.

Just enjoy the game for what it is. I know that I am having a blast despite a lot of my personal gripes with the game. Knowing that these things would happen, is why many of us who were a bit more experienced WANTED changes. I would have loved to see dungeon xp nerfed. I would have loved to see dungeon difficulty increased. I think MANY changes could have helped to preserve difficulty and to promote an authentic experience, but this is what we have and its still insanely fun.

   Pippina Selexin weston Krunk Lendryn Holyfrog
g0bledyg00k wrote:
9 months ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Mulgore
User avatar
US Sulfuras
Posts: 103
Likes: 43
Orc
Hunter
1 year ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

The way I see it is every day the zones get less and less crowded with people either leveling or quitting/re-rolling. I'm not too worried as I'm taking my time and enjoying the leveling.
I hated the "omg I have to log in and level" feeling I had back in TBC. With a career and a family I can't do that anymore. So I'm just taking my time and enjoying it.

Quicks - Orc Hunter - US Sulfuras
Melthis - Night Elf Rogue - US Netherwind
Meldren - Gnome Mage - US Netherwind
Image
User avatar
EU Gandling
Posts: 88
Likes: 36
Tauren
Shaman
1 year ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

If anything people doing solo quests in 5-man ARE slower.

Gotta admit though it seems like most of us are super no-lifing it. It dawned on me yesterday that the game has been out for a week and i am lvl 36; and that’s not even high or hardcore.

Elwynn Forest
User avatar
US Old Blanchy
Posts: 103
Likes: 54
Alliance
Druid
1 year ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Zacheous wrote:
1 year ago
All the ridiculous 5 man groups running around doing soloable quests is probably the dumbest thing I've ever seen in a game and it is certainly taking away from the feel of the game.
We had a 4 man group leveling together the entire first week. We all known each other IRL, 3/4 of us sitting in the same room. Why in the world would we NOT be in a gorup together? Did every single quest from ~level 8-28 together, soloable or not, even did each others class quests together even though only 1/4 of us got anything from it.

It's an MMO, literally designed to be played with others and not solo...

User avatar
Posts: 285
Likes: 47
1 year ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
1 year ago
Zacheous wrote:
1 year ago
All the ridiculous 5 man groups running around doing soloable quests is probably the dumbest thing I've ever seen in a game and it is certainly taking away from the feel of the game. Just isn't the same, when people don't play it, and just run through it stealing mobs wherever they can. This is tuning into a joke real quick.
Slooooow down, you arent having fun the way I want you to have fun!!! You arent supposed to stay in a group and socialize with your friends from 1-60! Youre supposed to participate in the largely antisocial experience of Classic where you solo quest and play by yourself 95% of the time. For the other 5% you should group with people you find in the world! /s

But with layering no one is in my world. With mega servers I am not seeing the same people twice so I am not building meaningful relationships with those who I see. Therefore, the only community I get to interact with or see consistently, is from the people on my friends group or in my guild.

And who woulda thunk things would be the same as on private? Who woulda thunk that the min/max mindset would impact the entire playerbase in one way or another? Anyone who has played any game with any level of competition in a multiplayer setting ever could have predicted this. Of course people are going to optimize because whether they are hardcore or casual, they value their time. So many people will opt to level as quickly as they can within reason. This doesnt necessarily translate to speed leveling but it is still optimization.

Just enjoy the game for what it is. I know that I am having a blast despite a lot of my personal gripes with the game. Knowing that these things would happen, is why many of us who were a bit more experienced WANTED changes. I would have loved to see dungeon xp nerfed. I would have loved to see dungeon difficulty increased. I think MANY changes could have helped to preserve difficulty and to promote an authentic experience, but this is what we have and its still insanely fun.
Yeah release 1.0.

Badlands
User avatar
EU Flamelash
Posts: 431
Likes: 169
Gnome
Shaman
1 year ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
1 year ago
I'm having fun collecting groups of people I've never met before and just smashing through quests adventuring around the countryside. Grouping up with people and having fun together is the entire experience for me.
I couldn't agree more!

Image    Image     Image
Warlock Destruction
User avatar
EU Firemaw
Posts: 322
Likes: 364
Undead
Warlock
1 year ago (1.13.2)
 •  Unread

Imagine being this triggered by people enjoying the game in their own way because they're stealing your tags so you go and complain on some forums about it.

Vanilla noobs never change.

   Stfuppercut
Similar topics
to 'Slow down people'
Posts ViewsLast post

Latest Blue Posts

View all
  • Screenshot of the Month

    View gallery