I have been trying really hard to save my gold & at level 19 I almost had 3 gold in my bag. Then I hit level 20 & oh brother. I only trained 3 spells & nothing else. I was really happy that I now had portals, so I got SW & IF, then I bought 10 portal runes & went to train my skinning. Nope, skinning was 50 silver & I didn't even have 50 copper. Broke as a joke, time to grind some more.
I've been asking my lower level guildies to COD me greater sagefish. If you fish those schools you can get lots of iron lockboxes too which have high level mats in them — heavy leather, bolts of mageweave, mana potions. All of these items are worth good money in stacks.
Would take you a few hours to get your fishing to 110 but it's a good window of opportunity now with everyone grinding dungeons.
Dont sweat your gold. Dont even think about it until 25-30ish. Then just be conservative and avoid buying unnecessary spells. Getting a mount is not difficult if you show a bit of restraint at the auction house.
I was level 13 with 89 Silver and was SO close to 1g and I had to level up some skills. POOF
Once folks start making their alts and twinks the economy will start picking up and money comes easier.
*laughs in level 225 fishing*
Flame wars I've started: 0
Threads I've started that mentioned other posters by name: 0
Accounts I've created for the sole purpose of mocking other posters: 0
My reputation is clean.
> Finally have 1 gold!
> New abilities cost 30 silver each
> Finally have 5 gold!
> New abilities cost 1g20s each
Powered by https://classic.wowhead.com/item=9061/g ... ocket-fuel, our Fuel Rats go above and beyond to help out others.
Will you answer the call?
Guild Info ~ Stories ~ Discord
I'm leveling as a Balance Druid, killing is slow and downtime is high which means alot of gold goes to Mana drinks if there is no kind mage around. So I'm also poor as a church rat
Ten Storms EU Alliance
Finnigan - Dwarf Hunter Lvl 30
Portalmaster - Gnome Mage Lvl 19
Shaelur - Dwarf Paladin Lvl 22
Shaelus - Night Elf Druid Lvl 50
You gotta find out what people want and throw it in the AH for a reasonable price. Before last night i had put 8 items worth approximately 4g all together. I woke up and all of it was sold. I have around 7-8g on a level 32 warlock. I still loot everything and vendor the trash
- Take skinning + mining OR herb (for minimap tracker) and level this as you go. Sell everythin gon AH.
- Take up fishing. Sell fish on AH for those who lvl cooking (or level cooking yourself but it will cost ya).
- Don't level first aid.
- Don't buy skills outside your rotation.
- Don't buy gear from AH or vendors. Really don't.
- Download vendorprice addon to learn the value of items (and handy when bags are full and you need to check what to destroy).
- Invest in at least a few bags so you don't end up without bag space. It's an investment that will pay for itself (wait for the masses to make bags, don't buy the first 10 slotter as it will be overpriced). Alternatively, if you have gathered the materials for a bag, find a tailor who can make it for you for free.
- Resell vendor items such as bandage manuals for double vendor price. Many are too lazy to travel across the world to visit this one vendor.
- For nonmages: Ask mages for food/drinks for free or reduced price.
As for you mage: sell drinks, undercutting vendors. Also sell your portal services.
I just dinged 37 and am nearing 50G I think, while leveling cooking, first aid, bought more skills than needed, not reselling and not beggin for food/drinks. As income increases with levels I'll be able to have 90G not long after 40. If you are stingy and do all of above you can easily get 90G before 40.
I feel you... I'm going down the costly path of the blacksmith, with all the secondary professions of course. Money will never be enough :D
Hydraxian Waterlords - RP - EU
- Fendor - Tauren Shaman
- Ildebrando - Dwarf Hunter
- Osandiron - Dwarf Priest
As others have, I recommend using professions in order to make money in Classic. We've created several (low level) profession guides for leveling them in a profitable manner as well as gold making recipies and patterns at low levels. Check them out over at our WoW Classic profession leveling and gold making guides.
ClassicRaids is a website centered around endgame content for World of Warcraft Classic. We help our users with a WoW Classic Guild Recruitment List, Character Search & Lookup, and Gold Making Profession Guides. Check us out and let us know if there's anything we can do to better support the Classic WoW community!