Hillsbrad Foothills
User avatar
US Westfall
Posts: 228
Likes: 157
Dwarf
Hunter
1 year ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Well, Whitemane was my primary but I might move to Stalagg or Fairbanks. Gotta see how the population is on Whitemane.

Image
Community Manager | Moderator | WoW Classic Noob
Ashenvale
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 1029
Likes: 778
Gnome
Warrior
1 year ago (Beta)
 •  Unread



Now Pagle is full

Hillsbrad Foothills
User avatar
US Westfall
Posts: 228
Likes: 157
Dwarf
Hunter
1 year ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Might stick with Stalagg.

Image
Community Manager | Moderator | WoW Classic Noob
Warrior Fury
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 1218
Likes: 808
Gnome
Warrior
1 year ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

People who are knee-jerking at every shift in population make me laugh so hard. I have watched people I know switch servers 3-4 times since server announcements lol. People who just arent following the information we have and are instead reacting to every change in population they see on the realm selection list lol. Its actually hilarious.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
10 months ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Mulgore
User avatar
US Bloodsail Buccaneers
Posts: 60
Likes: 47
Tauren
Warrior
1 year ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
1 year ago
People who are knee-jerking at every shift in population make me laugh so hard. I have watched people I know switch servers 3-4 times since server announcements lol. People who just arent following the information we have and are instead reacting to every change in population they see on the realm selection list lol. Its actually hilarious.
some people love to have something to agonize over. do a lot of these people also still not have their faction/class 100% nailed down? i bet there's a lot of overlap :lol:

   Lendryn
Warrior Fury
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 1218
Likes: 808
Gnome
Warrior
1 year ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Latsiv wrote:
1 year ago
some people love to have something to agonize over. do a lot of these people also still not have their faction/class 100% nailed down? i bet there's a lot of overlap :lol:
Not only that, how many of these people are scarred to commit to a realm, so they have names reserved on 2-3 realms and are counting towards multiple server counts. I almost guaruntee we could delete one FULL server just based on the amount of people who are locked into several realms.

   Lendryn
g0bledyg00k wrote:
10 months ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Ashenvale
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 1029
Likes: 778
Gnome
Warrior
1 year ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'm posting the realm populations as they increase cuz it's interesting to see how full they actually get. It's not even particularly useful, it's just cathartic to see them fill up as we approach the launch of the game that Blizzard said we didn't want.

   Knoxtane
Hunter Survival
User avatar
US Smolderweb
Posts: 241
Likes: 191
Tauren
Warrior
1 year ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
1 year ago
I'm posting the realm populations as they increase cuz it's interesting to see how full they actually get. It's not even particularly useful, it's just cathartic to see them fill up as we approach the launch of the game that Blizzard said we didn't want.
Your number crunching on the rate of fill has been very interesting. Closest thing to a hard numbers that we have.

Warlock Demonology
User avatar
US Whitemane
Posts: 59
Likes: 12
Alliance
Warlock
1 year ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'm perfectly fine with que times but blizzard needs to open more servers. I don't think they realize that people who reserved their names make up about >50% of the players so far.


No original unarmored epic mounts :cry:
Warrior Fury
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 1218
Likes: 808
Gnome
Warrior
1 year ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Pippina wrote:
1 year ago
I'm posting the realm populations as they increase cuz it's interesting to see how full they actually get. It's not even particularly useful, it's just cathartic to see them fill up as we approach the launch of the game that Blizzard said we didn't want.
Yea, I've been watching the server pops increase as the days go on as well, your posts are great to keep everyone updated. My previous post was directed at those who are rerolling everytime they see a shift in populations.

g0bledyg00k wrote:
10 months ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Shaman Enhancement
User avatar
Posts: 397
Likes: 140
Troll
Shaman
1 year ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I think that there might be a queue on basically all the servers on launch day. There just aren't enough of them.

Gensei - Shaman
Temaius - Paladin
Bloodsail Buccaneers
Priest Holy
User avatar
EU Wyrmthalak
Posts: 102
Likes: 54
Dwarf
Priest
1 year ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I dont mind the queues, with all the layers they wont be to bad. Im more worried about queues once phase 2 hits and they remove layers, or maybe they will keep them, witch im also against.

Warrior Fury
User avatar
US Grobbulus
Posts: 55
Likes: 37
Troll
Warrior
1 year ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Grindhouse wrote:
1 year ago
I dont mind the queues, with all the layers they wont be to bad. Im more worried about queues once phase 2 hits and they remove layers, or maybe they will keep them, witch im also against.
Blizzard stated in their "Overcrowded Realm Update":
 Blizzard Entertainment
Raising realm caps would simply forestall the problem, letting more players in at launch but creating an unsustainable situation down the line, with severe queues when we turn off layering permanently before Phase 2 of our content unlock plan.
So, the layering is even going to be removed before Phase 2. I know that player dropoff is bound to happen, but it feels like Blizzard is playing this way too close. I don't think that anyone minds having queues in general, but it does seem like these will be very large queues at this rate.

My concern is that when adding new realms, it's difficult to convince a guild of people to convince all of their members that they should move realms. Individual people are easy enough to get to move because they have more 'freedom' to do so. But when you have so many guilds / alliances already committed to playing on a realm, that's the difficult one.

   Grindhouse
<BourbonRaiders>
Earthfury PvP

Leslie :
Marley :
Warrior Fury
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 1218
Likes: 808
Gnome
Warrior
1 year ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Kolvacs wrote:
1 year ago
So, the layering is even going to be removed before Phase 2. I know that player dropoff is bound to happen, but it feels like Blizzard is playing this way too close. I don't think that anyone minds having queues in general, but it does seem like these will be very large queues at this rate.
Yeah, this is what we have been saying. As was *alluded to during early dev interviews months ago. These queues will be enormous. These servers will have MASSIVE populations... 10k OVER capacity. lol.

*spelling eluded =/= alluded

g0bledyg00k wrote:
10 months ago
Never making a single investment again until I 100% know it pays off.
2000 IQ :wink:
Silverpine Forest
User avatar
Posts: 409
Likes: 127
Undead
Warrior
1 year ago (Beta)
 •  Unread


Stfuppercut wrote:
1 year ago
As was eluded to during early dev interviews months ago.
FYI...

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/elude

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/allude

Threads I've derailed: 0
Flame wars I've started: 0
Threads I've started that mentioned other posters by name: 0
Accounts I've created for the sole purpose of mocking other posters: 0

My reputation is clean.
Priest Holy
User avatar
EU Wyrmthalak
Posts: 102
Likes: 54
Dwarf
Priest
1 year ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Do we know how many players will be online at a time once they remove layers? Is it 3k 6k 9k 12k?

Ashenvale
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 1029
Likes: 778
Gnome
Warrior
1 year ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Grindhouse wrote:
1 year ago
Do we know how many players will be online at a time once they remove layers? Is it 3k 6k 9k 12k?
I don't think they've shared a number yet.

Felwood
User avatar
Posts: 185
Likes: 73
Gnome
Mage
1 year ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Grindhouse wrote:
1 year ago
Do we know how many players will be online at a time once they remove layers? Is it 3k 6k 9k 12k?
I'll throw a random guess of 15k with the new layering, that's 5x the capacity of the original servers, I can't imagine Blizzard wanting anything higher than that or even just 10k because of performance issues. The queue's will be between 10-20k for Shazzrah and Herod which pretty much speaks for itself.
Once they remove layers, levelling zones will become a gank-fest quickly. If anyone have a warrior I suggest getting it to 60 in phase 1 asap.

| Kazumi[33] - Frost Mage, Wetpaint[49] - Prot Warrior | Golemagg PVP|
User avatar
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Dwarf
Priest
1 year ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

rijndael wrote:
1 year ago
If Herod actually had 100K people reserving names as you speculated, then Blizzard is probably already discussing how they're going to introduce free realm transfers before phase 2. Classic WoW is simply not playable with those kinds of populations. I believe Nost was regularly running with 10K simultaneous players and that was considered much higher than any realm in Vanilla had. They will need to force players into new realms.

I think everyone should understand that Blizzard can only do so much in anticipation of Classic WoW. The hype is insane around this game. The servers aren't even live yet and we've had tens of thousand of players discuss realms and communities and their dreams and aspirations, who they want or don't want to share realms with, etc.

I am fully expecting the possibility that one or two months in the populations can remain very high despite Blizzard's expectations that they would dwindle. At that point they would likely introduce the realm transfers to balance things out before removing layering. I think guilds should be aware of this possibility, and it may be best for all of us to not get too attached to our realms. ;-)
Good insight and reasoning, I think I agree with you and that what you've described is what'll end up happening. 👍

Ashenvale
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 1029
Likes: 778
Gnome
Warrior
1 year ago (Beta)
 •  Unread





Now Thalnos is full and Myrzael has gone high population

wheee

   Lendryn
Hunter Survival
User avatar
US Smolderweb
Posts: 241
Likes: 191
Tauren
Warrior
1 year ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stalagg is now High population

Warlock Affliction
User avatar
US Kirtonos
Posts: 471
Likes: 227
Horde
Warlock
1 year ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Are we assuming that there will be no new people playing classic come launch day or a very small percentage?
I mean this is/was name reservation and all servers are getting close to high or full....
I get some people reserved on multiple servers and that may skew the numbers a bit...but still damn!
Are we expecting more servers soon?

Image Image
Image Image
| Nýxt - Affliction Warlock | Kirtonos PVP | Level 60 | =-|-= | Awkaran - Resto Druid | Kirtonos PVP | Level 27 |
Hunter Survival
User avatar
US Smolderweb
Posts: 241
Likes: 191
Tauren
Warrior
1 year ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@Nyxt We ought to be getting a lot more but Blizzard will definitely add at least one. I don't think they want more Full servers.

Warlock Affliction
User avatar
US Kirtonos
Posts: 471
Likes: 227
Horde
Warlock
1 year ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Lendryn wrote:
1 year ago
@Nyxt We ought to be getting a lot more but Blizzard will definitely add at least one. I don't think they want more Full servers.
Hope so!
Either way I may still stay Stalagg only to use the name to complain lol

"Yeah, you know the one, that server, Sta-LAG, such a laggy server!"

Image Image
Image Image
| Nýxt - Affliction Warlock | Kirtonos PVP | Level 60 | =-|-= | Awkaran - Resto Druid | Kirtonos PVP | Level 27 |
Ashenvale
User avatar
US Bloodsail Buccaneers
Posts: 75
Likes: 29
Night Elf
Warrior
1 year ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stalagg and Fairbanks will also go Full. Wouldn't be surprised if they add 1 more West Coast PvP server.

Arithil - Warrior Tank
Similar topics
to 'High Population'
Posts ViewsLast post

Latest Blue Posts

View all
  • Screenshot of the Month

    View gallery