View results
Poll  •  You see someone collecting a node, do you...
Undercity
User avatar
Posts: 121
Likes: 56
Horde
Shaman
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

In a different thread there was some discussion over what the proper etiquette was when collecting nodes, specifically while mining. I was just curious what other people did when they were in this situation.
Why did you react the way you did?

   Cersei
Blasted Lands
User avatar
Posts: 204
Likes: 129
Horde
Priest
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

If someone is closer to the node it’s theirs but if I’m closer it’s mine. It’s like a 4-way stop to me. First come first serve.

If someone is aggroing mobs trying to collect a node it’s a genitalia move to ‘ninja’ it so I try to avoid that and hope they return the favor.

   snickerwicket Disto Frosted fendor
 Blizzard Entertainment
You think you do, but you don’t
Warrior Protection
User avatar
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Posts: 1317
Likes: 2522
Orc
Warrior
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Oh man, I am real jerk when it comes to nodes.

No doubt about it, I have no etiquette whatsoever when it comes to this and I don’t know why. It’s like a different, more evil person springs up inside me.

Several times in Beta I’ve seen a stranger approaching a node ahead of me and gone in with them anyway to steal as many of the ore/gem drops as possible.

Sometimes a node can provide up to five ‘drops’ so I can get two or three if I’m there soon, and if they fail to collect can be even more.

I actually cackled (out loud) seeing this poor Tauren in durotar fail two attempts on the same copper node and I took everything right there in front of him :lol:

Yeah I’m that guy. Inb4 spreadhseet on which server I might be joining appears.

   snickerwicket Selexin fendor
Blasted Lands
User avatar
Posts: 204
Likes: 129
Horde
Priest
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
4 months ago
Oh man, I am real jerk when it comes to nodes.

No doubt about it, I have no etiquette whatsoever when it comes to this and I don’t know why. It’s like a different, more evil person springs up inside me.

Several times in Beta I’ve seen a stranger approaching a node ahead of me and gone in with them anyway to steal as many of the ore/gem drops as possible.

Sometimes a node can provide up to five ‘drops’ so I can get two or three if I’m there soon, and if they fail to collect can be even more.

I actually cackled (out loud) seeing this poor Tauren in durotar fail two attempts on the same copper node and I took everything right there in front of him :lol:

Yeah I’m that guy. Inb4 spreadhseet on which server I might be joining appears.
:eek: :eek:
Reported for war crimes!
SpoilerShow
It is the horde way I guess

 Blizzard Entertainment
You think you do, but you don’t
Teldrassil
User avatar
EU Firemaw
Posts: 433
Likes: 208
Alliance
Priest
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I don't have etiquette even regarding some dungeon drops. If there for instance a drop of Dire Maul book for a class that is present in the dungeon with me I need on it as well so I can get profit on AH. Things that you can sell for profit should be rolled for by everyone imo. Just like any other high value boe drops.

   snickerwicket Isomena fendor
Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Arathi Basin
User avatar
Posts: 326
Likes: 148
Undead
Priest
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

If I can get it, I mine it :p (bad mannered)

Undead Priest @ <reLAX>
Twitch Channel, feel free to take a look :)!
User avatar
Posts: 61
Likes: 30
Horde
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'm a wonderful person to be around... until I'm not.

I bounce back and forth between being courteous and ruthless, typically based on my recent experiences in the game. I feel like I typically start out with a certain amount of decorum, but inevitably, someone like Teebling will push me to the dark side.

Warrior Fury
User avatar
US Faerlina
Posts: 1116
Likes: 737
Gnome
Warrior
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Mob tags and mines are up for grabs. This is part of the game. The strong get to feast, the weak will starve. If I am 60 and know that I will be competing with the same person for a prolonged time for a specific resource, I am more inclined to be cordial. When I am leveling on a high pop server, you are a nuisance. Just another obstacle in my way to reach max. If I am on a high pop server with layering, you are less than an obstacle. You are a temporary obstacle. You wont even be in my world consistently.

Selexin wrote:
2 weeks ago
I'll have you know we have many resident developers who were involved in the creation of Vanilla WoW that have fantastically fool proof solutions to allll the imaginary problems!!!
Undercity
User avatar
Posts: 121
Likes: 56
Horde
Shaman
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

For the most part I'd move on, try to get to the next one first. If they jumped on the new node, I would do my best to cut them off from then on out, taking what I could.

If it was a PvP server and they're the opposite faction, they're dead on sight if I feel like I could take them. Pretty sure most others would feel the same!

Warsong Gulch
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 85
Likes: 51
Troll
Rogue
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

ejangle wrote:
4 months ago
I'm a wonderful person to be around... until I'm not.

I bounce back and forth between being courteous and ruthless, typically based on my recent experiences in the game. I feel like I typically start out with a certain amount of decorum, but inevitably, someone like Teebling will push me to the dark side.
I am the same way. I'll be nice at first, but if it seems like the other person is just going for it, all manners go out the window. Game on.

   ejangle
ImageImage
Arathi Basin
User avatar
Posts: 28
Likes: 16
Human
Warrior
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

First come first serve but you bet your ass that the next one is going to be mine by rushing over to it.

Faelior of <Royal Authorities> on Grobbulus
Druid Feral
User avatar
Posts: 49
Likes: 17
Tauren
Hunter
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'll hope you get aggro'd and have to stop mining, then I'll swoop in, steal your node, and your girl, then kill the mobs attacking you. :^)

Only because a lot of players used to do this to me back in Vanilla.

   Selexin
<The Seven Deadly Sins>
Heartseeker-PvP
Guild Master
Blasted Lands
User avatar
EU Firemaw
Posts: 195
Likes: 121
Human
Warlock
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
4 months ago
Oh man, I am real jerk when it comes to nodes.

No doubt about it, I have no etiquette whatsoever when it comes to this and I don’t know why. It’s like a different, more evil person springs up inside me.

Several times in Beta I’ve seen a stranger approaching a node ahead of me and gone in with them anyway to steal as many of the ore/gem drops as possible.

Sometimes a node can provide up to five ‘drops’ so I can get two or three if I’m there soon, and if they fail to collect can be even more.

I actually cackled (out loud) seeing this poor Tauren in durotar fail two attempts on the same copper node and I took everything right there in front of him :lol:

Yeah I’m that guy. Inb4 spreadhseet on which server I might be joining appears.
I would make a rogue on the opposite faction and do nothing but gank you for the next days if you did that to me :twisted: :mad:

EU - Firemaw
Alliance Warlock
Arathi Basin
User avatar
Posts: 326
Likes: 148
Undead
Priest
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Doesn't belong to Nodes. From level 1, I keep a list of names. From people who fuck me up, no matter if Horde or Alliance. And at some point, I take revenge.

Undead Priest @ <reLAX>
Twitch Channel, feel free to take a look :)!
Westfall
User avatar
Posts: 36
Likes: 18
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'm teebling and aeh combined together :twisted: I would take what I can and put you on a list if you did it to me. And I hated when someone did that to me while mining.

   aeh
Thunder Bluff
User avatar
Posts: 18
Likes: 12
Horde
Druid
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I usually grind in the off peak hours so I don't normally get any competition for nodes. Been that way since vanilla. On the rare occasion someone is grinding in the same spot I just go to the next ore and change zones after. In PvP zones just kill if they are the opposite faction.

User avatar
Posts: 14
Likes: 21
Human
Paladin
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'm far too polite, as I said in the other thread. And I hate it when it's done to me so I see it as a 'do unto others' kind of thing. Especially when you can almost die trying to clear the mobs around a node, and then you finally get to it and some other guy jumps in without having worked for it. If it's an enemy player who's about the same level then we gonna fight for that node.

I do try to get to the next node before the other guy. I remember in the mine in Westfall I kept struggling through all these defias mobs while some higher level hunter would just skip right past and farm all the ores. Wanker.

I'll probably wind up just jumping in and taking what I can after being repeatedly frustrated. But like, /emote apologies constantly.

Maybe I'll start challenging people to duels.

Anyone going to be playing classic on an EU server and want to join up for RP/PVE/PVP? Let's talk!
Eastern Plaguelands
User avatar
Posts: 37
Likes: 20
Horde
Paladin
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

You gotta be polite bro where's your honor otherwise?

Blasted Lands
User avatar
Posts: 204
Likes: 129
Horde
Priest
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Elian wrote:
4 months ago
You gotta be polite bro where's your honor otherwise?
"Honor young heroes, no matter how dire the battle, NEVER forsake it"
SpoilerShow
Kings Honor, Friend

   Elian
 Blizzard Entertainment
You think you do, but you don’t
Eastern Plaguelands
User avatar
Posts: 37
Likes: 20
Horde
Paladin
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Tec wrote:
4 months ago
Elian wrote:
4 months ago
You gotta be polite bro where's your honor otherwise?
"Honor young heroes, no matter how dire the battle, NEVER forsake it"
SpoilerShow
Kings Honor, Friend
SpoilerShow
"Strength and honor."

   Tec
Warrior Arms
User avatar
Posts: 12
Likes: 7
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

aeh wrote:
4 months ago
Doesn't belong to Nodes. From level 1, I keep a list of names. From people who fuck me up, no matter if Horde or Alliance. And at some point, I take revenge.
Don't know if this is petty or genius... but I can admit I too had a ever growing ignore list of people who fucked up in dungeons, ninjas and trolls. But if you stole a node from me you wouldn't end up on the list, it was reserved for worse than that. Also I had a physical "kill on sight, whatever it takes" list on people from the opposing faction who ganked or made my life hard while I was out and about

   aeh
i'm a warrior
Arathi Basin
User avatar
Posts: 326
Likes: 148
Undead
Priest
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

love wrote:
4 months ago
aeh wrote:
4 months ago
Doesn't belong to Nodes. From level 1, I keep a list of names. From people who fuck me up, no matter if Horde or Alliance. And at some point, I take revenge.
Don't know if this is petty or genius... but I can admit I too had a ever growing ignore list of people who fucked up in dungeons, ninjas and trolls. But if you stole a node from me you wouldn't end up on the list, it was reserved for worse than that. Also I had a physical "kill on sight, whatever it takes" list on people from the opposing faction who ganked or made my life hard while I was out and about
Yes I have in my list one column with names and the other with reason. So I can separate it at the end.

Undead Priest @ <reLAX>
Twitch Channel, feel free to take a look :)!
Rogue Combat
User avatar
Posts: 117
Likes: 40
Alliance
Rogue
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

if someone is fighting for a node it is all theirs. i hate people who jack nodes. as everything though, there is one thing that needs to be said about this. you know. the usual disclaimer, which completely invalidates any debate...
that person being of the other faction.

   Stfuppercut love
Warrior Fury
User avatar
US Faerlina
Posts: 1116
Likes: 737
Gnome
Warrior
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Instinctz wrote:
4 months ago
if someone is fighting for a node it is all theirs. i hate people who jack nodes. as everything though, there is one thing that needs to be said about this. you know. the usual disclaimer, which completely invalidates any debate...
that person being of the other faction.
Bahahahaha! So considerate, unless he can cut your head off. In which case, he will cut your head off.

I wont stab you in the back... Unless I can ACTUALLY stab your back!

Selexin wrote:
2 weeks ago
I'll have you know we have many resident developers who were involved in the creation of Vanilla WoW that have fantastically fool proof solutions to allll the imaginary problems!!!
Rogue Combat
User avatar
Posts: 117
Likes: 40
Alliance
Rogue
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 months ago
Bahahahaha! So considerate, unless he can cut your head off. In which case, he will cut your head off.

I wont stab you in the back... Unless I can ACTUALLY stab your back!
all is fair in love and war.

Similar topics
to 'Node Etiquette'
Posts ViewsLast post