Warlock Affliction
Orc
Warlock
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

What I did was immediately leave the starting area and meet up with the other like minded individuals that wanted to party up and grind outside if the starting zone. Once I hit level 5 I started to fish nonstop.
It was the most fun I've ever had in Durotar.
And this wasn't with speed leveling in mind of course, but it was sure as shit quicker than fighting for boar for 45 minutes.

Stop poking me!
Paladin Protection
Alliance
Paladin
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Relik wrote:
4 months ago
Hopefully I'll have been able to reserve my name(s) prior to launch.
Well you can always create a character, save the name and play it a week after :wink:

"I do not serve the Light. The Light serves me."
Horde
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

If the stress test provided any insight into what the starting areas might be like... it'll be manageable if you're not the type to flip your @#$%*! at a little adversity.

Group up whenever possible, be patient, and soak in the nostalgia.... I feel like the starting zone madness is part of the experience. Maybe you'll group up with someone who winds up becoming a friend, guild mate, etc. I know this is an optimistic, "pie in the sky" type of attitude but why the heck not... Blizzard is bringing back a classic version of the game and giving us all a chance to capture or recapture some of the magic we felt when we first played it... that same secret sauce that prompted the creation of this forum, spawned countess private vanilla servers, and ultimately created the ground swell that led to Classic WoW being a real thing.

Soak it in boys and girls... or ignore everything I've typed and log in day one with all of the stress, impatience and angst you can muster so we can witness your public melt down in chat. Either way, you'll add to my enjoyment by being part of the magic that is Classic WoW.

Cheers.

Brhule MeatLumps
Ashenvale
Gnome
Mage
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

If no layer/shard happen at the launch day it will be a completely mess. Imagine paying so much for a database to hold millions of people simultaneously joining your server. That's why stress tests are here for: Blizzard will try to launch without layer/shard, if became a mess, then layer/shard mode activated :lol:.

I do have experience with:
  1. Guild Lead;
  2. Setting Discord Servers;
  3. Kel'Thuzad Boss Fight (Recommended Video);
  4. 3D Prop/Environment Art.
  5. 2D Image Editing;
  6. Pixel and Voxel Art;

Warlock Affliction
Orc
Warlock
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

MystAnorak wrote:
4 months ago
If no layer/shard happen at the launch day it will be a completely mess. Imagine paying so much for a database to hold millions of people simultaneously joining your server. That's why stress tests are here for: Blizzard will try to launch without layer/shard, if became a mess, then layer/shard mode activated :lol:.
I wonder if blizzard will change the server cap value on launch day? Whatever its set at now seems way too high lol. It might be something they have to monitor and change on the fly. Just looking at the stress test as an example, the starting zone died down by the time I logged on the next morning 4am PST. So after the huge flood of new characters they might want to increase the value?

Stop poking me!
Ashenvale
Gnome
Mage
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Brhule wrote:
4 months ago
I wonder if blizzard will change the server cap value on launch day? Whatever its set at now seems way too high lol. It might be something they have to monitor and change on the fly. Just looking at the stress test as an example, the starting zone died down by the time I logged on the next morning 4am PST. So after the huge flood of new characters they might want to increase the value?
I think it would start 60 since people are there for play, not for wait. You didn't paid for classic just to play until you are level 30, for example.

I do have experience with:
  1. Guild Lead;
  2. Setting Discord Servers;
  3. Kel'Thuzad Boss Fight (Recommended Video);
  4. 3D Prop/Environment Art.
  5. 2D Image Editing;
  6. Pixel and Voxel Art;

Silverpine Forest
OC Arugal
Undead
Warlock
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I remember being on in the first minutes of Warlords release, goddd it was an actual nightmare I was on the most heavily populated oceanic realm and it was disconnecting so hard for a good couple of hours, you could not even see any NPCs or anything you were supposed to do because SO many people were crowding over them, all with mounts as well (thank fuck this won't be the case when we're all level one) I ended up actually just transferring my main off the realm and onto one of the lower pop realms, cuz i think they had free transfers open at that point. It felt shitty but it was worth it at the time just to be able to play properly.

oh yeah was also online the launch of netherwing tbc realm and it was absolutely mad! the mob respawns were insane like there was groups of like 5-10 people just standing around on each respawn spot of quest mobs just to try and tag it first. youd have to all group up to get things done. impossible to solo of course. even worse for that scorpion sarkoth in durotar. i think there would have been at least 100 people standing around waiting for him. and organizing people to try and take turns is impossible too of course. but despite the problems i find its a really nice atmosphere, such an involved world brimming with players, and people actually talking and grouping together and getting things done.

4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

d3aths wrote:
4 months ago
I remember being on in the first minutes of Warlords release, goddd it was an actual nightmare I was on the most heavily populated oceanic realm and it was disconnecting so hard for a good couple of hours, you could not even see any NPCs or anything you were supposed to do because SO many people were crowding over them, all with mounts as well (thank fuck this won't be the case when we're all level one) I ended up actually just transferring my main off the realm and onto one of the lower pop realms, cuz i think they had free transfers open at that point. It felt shitty but it was worth it at the time just to be able to play properly.
Actually Legion/BFA Launches have been smoothsailing, no DCs, minimal amount of lag (Just a few 30sec long loading screens) and other than that you could just play on with no issues what so ever.

Winterspring
Horde
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I contemplate about taking a one week holiday to spend it without pc and came back when all the dust settle. :smile:

Warsong Gulch
US Fairbanks
Troll
Rogue
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Guest wrote:
4 months ago
d3aths wrote:
4 months ago
Actually Legion/BFA Launches have been smoothsailing, no DCs, minimal amount of lag (Just a few 30sec long loading screens) and other than that you could just play on with no issues what so ever.
I think this is an important distinction. I am all for crowded zones with tons of people and no mobs to kill, but if there is lag or disconnects, I won't be quite as happy. I want to be in the game and socializing, that's what matters to me the most. I might not make any meaningful progress, but if I'm playing, I'm happy.

ImageImage
Mage Frost
US Thalnos
Alliance
Mage
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

BoochieSmash wrote:
4 months ago
the average player is trying to find the auto loot interface option.
It's in the first tab, under the "control" section. Pretty easy to find.

|About Me| |My WoW Blog|
My battletag is: RevChris#1597
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Never forget Ironlag aka Ironforge for those who never played real WOW. This is gonna be interesting. I hope I can be there on day one.

Rogue Combat
US Westfall
Orc
Rogue
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I plan to log in at release and see how bad it is. I have no qualms waiting it out a few days either. As a schoolteacher, release is on a school night so I won't be going ham right away anyways.

Warlock Demonology
US Skeram
Horde
Warlock
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

It's only safe to assume it will be a crap show. That's why I'm taking off work leading into that weekend instead of the first few days.

I'll still be feverishly trying to do what I can on launch day when I get home of course.

Warrior Arms
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Sumi0z wrote:
4 months ago
Sooo, on 27 August WoW classic will be released and a lot of players are expected.

On day one, there will be an interminable login queue (mostly in the first hours) and, in game, the starting zones will be full of characters.
Said this, obv leveling in first days will be a real struggle (.......)
It will most likely be a mess, and it's going to be magnificent imo

MeatLumps
i'm a warrior
Alterac Valley
Alliance
Rogue
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Just graduated college and looking for a job. If I am not employed by the 26th I’ll be up all night leveling trying to stay ahead of the pack. If I am employed I might have to wait until after Labor Day weekend when I’ll be on vacation so the initial rush should be over by the time I get back

Druid Balance
Horde
Druid
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I think a little bit of chaos is what makes it fun!

Here are some things that will help me through the chaos:

1. I'm rolling Tauren Druid.
1.a This gives me instant tagg spell (Moonfire)
1.b Tauren/Troll are the least played races of Horde. But Tauren has its own starting zone, where as Troll shares with Orc meaning Mulgore should be the most empty place at launch including Alliance. (Night Elves have their own starter zone as well, but Night Elves are far more popular) Same goes for Undead for instance. Very popular race.

2. Should I end up waiting for mobs to spawn for too long (If I'm a min or two behind someone else or above fails and it's really crowded) I will do following
2.a Find Herbs
2.b Level fishing
2.c Run around taking flightpaths
2.d Suicide from Thunderbluff elevator

MeatLumps
Arathi Basin
Undead
Priest
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Well, there are some alternative ways that you can go in the first days. It's important that you can get away somehow and then everything will be great :)

Undead Priest @ <reLAX>
Twitch Channel, feel free to take a look :)!
Warsong Gulch
US Fairbanks
Troll
Rogue
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Shamanigans wrote:
4 months ago
:lol: I completely forgot about that. Trying to time it juust right, only to get there a second late and fall to your death. I learned a lot about patience there.

Shamanigans
ImageImage
whynotmakeanaccnt
whynotmakeanaccnt
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Warlords was the only real bad experience I've had with expansion launches, I got stuck in a day queue which was awful.... BfA/Legion was pretty smooth, I don't see classic being too bad but it all depends on layers ect

I'll have 5 chars running out of the first zone and grinding in the second "start" zone to avoid the main group either way

Druid Balance
Horde
Druid
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

MeatLumps wrote:
4 months ago
Shamanigans wrote:
4 months ago
:lol: I completely forgot about that. Trying to time it juust right, only to get there a second late and fall to your death. I learned a lot about patience there.
Yeah, you try to be efficient and save the 10 seconds it takes for the other lift to come up, so you jump on the one going down and you miss by an inch
and fall to your death and have to corpserun from other side of Thunderbluff.

aeh Stfuppercut MeatLumps Selexin