Paladin Protection
User avatar
EU Skullflame
Posts: 144
Likes: 5
Alliance
Paladin
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

What I don't like is the general "paladin is best tank" vibe or paladin as a main tank.
I never said "Paladin is best Tank" , i always been telling that All Tanks are equal , but in diverse ways and do the same thing different way only.

I wonder why Paladin Main Tank would be something you don't like, if i can do it easy then why i wouldn't do it then?
Because except for some fairly niche situations a warrior will always be the better solution.
That's not true , i can count until tomorrow contents where Paladin will do better than Warriors in lots of situation , but that doesn't make them better or worse, it's just how the Game was designed, it was designed to have all fights spread among 3 Tanks (Druid,Paladin,Warrior) equally with pros and cons.
So at least in my opinion gearing up a paladin to be a maintank will cause difficulties for a raidgroup that a warrior of equal skill and gear wouldn't have.
That's entirely wrong and false, Paladin Gearing wont affect much Warrior Gearing with exception of few items like Neck/Trink/Fingers/Cloak/Shield.

Paladin Gearing is Offsets from 20 Mans (Mostly at beginning) and 40 Mans Raids , which mean in 1 week you have twice higher chance to obtain Offset Item as Paladin , while only one chance to obtain Tier Item as Warrior , especially that there are usually 3-4 Warriors competing for same Item!

20 Man Raids reset 2-3 times per week while 40 Man Raids reset 1 time per week. This is what makes Paladin special and have easy access to Gearing up compare to Warriors who do chase Tier Sets mainly .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuIfwHZ5C9I&t=1s

Enjoy in this Video how it work.
With the new meta changing to loads of fury warriors and paladin tanking being a big no-no I'm kinda scared that this part of the game will be gone outside of guild groups.
I wonder what is the "new meta changing" that is a no-no for Paladin , i would rather recall it is HUGE no-no for Fury thanks to Parry Haste and HUGE destruction to Prot Warrior where their Shield Block is going to be removed quickly which will make them a Victims to Crushing Blows and Perhaps Crits (if not def capped) .

Meanwhile Prot Paladins Avoidance is constant thanks to longer duration of Holy Shield and bigger chance to Dodge/Parry between these amount of Blocks leaving Paladin full time with extra 30% block even with Parry Haste.
Did someone test if this works in the BETA? I'm quite sure that the spelladin crowd tried it and SoR seems to not procc most effects but to my knowledge they didn't try JoW.
With or Without SoR proccing JoW , it is still better thanks to Mana it regen and keeping your Mana all the time up , but at the same time Weapon Procs which work (tested on beta) like Flurry Axe or Ironfoe will cause massive amount of Mana Regen thanks to extra swings increased by SoR.
I've watched your videos but probably never played with you.
While i am glad that somehow i tried to be productive with the Videos or tried to help Protection Paladin fans and community to see how it work.
Unfortunately i couldn't record everything in order to give people better Judgement regarding how Paladin Protection work thanks to the bad conditions i was during that period and perhaps today (but not after 20th of September) .
Doesn't mean it was holding anyone back or gave any stress to anyone.

Please next time play with me before you claim stuffs that you never experienced on your own.

And p.s Original Classic is not Private Servers, which mean you are going to witness HUGE difference between Paladin Tanking in Classic vs Private Servers , where in Classic stuffs are going to be 4 times easier for Paladin Tanks thanks to fixed stuffs that work properly where in Pservers are bugged and causing Paladin to be unable to Tank.

Keep in mind the fact that Mobs and Bosses did 4 times higher damage done toward Tanks in Private Servers giving them massive amount of Rage generation , while in Classic original they would do 3-4 times lower damage compare to Pservers.

Not only that Warriors Rage generation is going to cause BIG stress for their threat and their Group for making low amount of Aggro , but also damage reduced is going to be much lesser due to how Defense Stance work versus Paladins 30% extra Block Value which is unaffected by such change.

So for Example, Warrior in Pserver by Enraged Chromagus eating 4-5k damage = 500 damage reduced by Def Stance + 100 damage reduced by Block Value , Warrior in Original by Enraged Chromaggus is going to eat 1k Damage = 100 damage reduced by Def Stance + 100 Damage reduced by Block Value.

Paladin in both scenarios is going to have 135 Damage reduced.

P.s This was comparison between Chromagus Enraged in both Pservers and Original most known as hard hitting Boss against Tank during Enrage period.
Now for the "medium and weaker non enraged bosses" , Paladin will be on slight advantage compare to Warrior thanks to the constant Block Value vs Warrior reducing the damage reduction thanks to low damage income.

/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is Life
/Justice will prevails
Druid Feral
User avatar
EU Gehennas
Posts: 131
Likes: 74
Tauren
Druid
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

killerduki wrote:
3 months ago
Keep in mind the fact that Mobs and Bosses did 4 times higher damage done toward Tanks in Private Servers giving them massive amount of Rage generation , while in Classic original they would do 3-4 times lower damage compare to Pservers.
Can you provide a source for this piece of info? Not because I don't believe you, but because I want to know what else might be different.

Image
Paladin Protection
User avatar
EU Skullflame
Posts: 144
Likes: 5
Alliance
Paladin
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Rinkusan wrote:
3 months ago
killerduki wrote:
3 months ago
Keep in mind the fact that Mobs and Bosses did 4 times higher damage done toward Tanks in Private Servers giving them massive amount of Rage generation , while in Classic original they would do 3-4 times lower damage compare to Pservers.
Can you provide a source for this piece of info? Not because I don't believe you, but because I want to know what else might be different.


Footage from Beta Library Tanking at level 40 with poor Gear, mobs does 35-50 damage.




This is me Nostalrius/Elysium/Lighthope Tanking at level 40 with good Gear, mobs does 100-120 damage.

Nothing better than pure Evidence.

   Rinkusan
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is Life
/Justice will prevails
Tirisfal Glades
User avatar
Posts: 196
Likes: 234
Undead
Mage
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Gauze wrote:
4 months ago

Yes, I know warriors are better at tanking, but with the right gear and spec nowadays, is it possible?

Thanks!
It's possible for a mage to be the tank with enough healers and stamina gear, it's just not optimal. I hope this helps you conceptualize this in the simplest way.

   Stfuppercut
Our time will come.
Kilerduki
Posts:
Likes: 0
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Cletus wrote:
3 months ago
Gauze wrote:
4 months ago

Yes, I know warriors are better at tanking, but with the right gear and spec nowadays, is it possible?

Thanks!
It's possible for a mage to be the tank with enough healers and stamina gear, it's just not optimal. I hope this helps you conceptualize this in the simplest way.
But mage will never be able to survive Bosses like Maexxna , Melee Twins, Chromagus. While Paladin can do.

I really dont see what your own propaganda is trying to achieve, but whatever , this is reality of how everyday trolls ruin everyone who want to try and enjoy playing paladin protection , by telling them such spins, lies and false information like you did.

Westfall
User avatar
Posts: 36
Likes: 18
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Gauze wrote:
4 months ago
Normally for raids, Warriors get time to build rage and get x sunders on the target before DPS jumps in. Would that similar amount of time not be enough for Paladins to keep aggro in raids. Most classes have an aggro reduction skill, but yes, no taunt is kind of a bummer. As I have never played a Paladin before in classic, do they run out of mana that quick in fights trying to keep aggro? Even with the correct gear and talent optimization, they would be oom before any boss is defeated in MC?
It would be enough.
You can't say a Pally tank will run completely OOM until a boss dies, because it depends on what he's tanking. These days, even fresh pre-raid groups are able to down bosses under three minutes. The mana problem starts only when a fight goes on for longer than usual. When off-tanking something that isn't taking damage, for example the hounds at Golemagg, you don't even need to spend all your mana to generate threat.
One solution is to farm up on consumables.
Demonic/Dark Runes and Mana pots will solve the mana issues.
Crystal Charges/Goblin Sapper Charges, Oil of Immolation and Dragonbreath Chilli can generate additional threat at no mana cost. Beware that these deal fire damage.

As for running dungeons and people not going OOM vs. Paladin going OOM, it's simple. Paladins' best threat generating ability is Consecration. It's an AoE, and costs a lot of mana, whereas your healer and DPS usually use single-target spells, which cost less mana. So not only you have less mana to begin with, you are using AoE spells even when single-target tanking.
The solution here is to utilize this strong point of the Paladin tank. Organize groups with AoE capabilities and destroy multiple packs at once (start small and increase the amount pulled based on your gear and your healer's gear). FTHforever described this approach as "AoE Bombing" in his guide here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1480
Another thing is that most people don't want to use mana pots in a dungeon when pally tanking. Get into PvP so you can buy Combat Mana Potions, they cost only a few silver pieces and you can replenish at a vendor after every dungeon.

Paladin Protection
User avatar
EU Skullflame
Posts: 144
Likes: 5
Alliance
Paladin
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Telling that you are going to be Oom after 3 minutes is entirely wrong.

Here is Video of me doing constant max threats as full def gear on Target Dummy for 7 minutes and still not getting Oom. Including the fact that there was no Druids for Innervates or Priest for Power infusion in order to get more Mana.



As for 5 man Dungeons , on trash mobs use Seal an Judgement of wisdom , you will be able always to spam Max Ranks Consecrations without getting Oom and clear the Dungeon really fast!

So you dont really need Bombs or whatever on you, but i agree they are useful too, but not mandatory for being effective.

Bosses use JoW and SoR as on the Video and Mana issue solved.

Only those who dont know how Paladin Protection work are going to tell you that Mana is an issue , which in reality is not if you know how to play, regardless of Boss fight or how long fight is.

/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is Life
/Justice will prevails
Badlands
User avatar
EU Flamelash
Posts: 296
Likes: 120
Horde
Shaman
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

killerduki wrote:
3 months ago
Exactly what i said on the post above, created this account now.

As for Skarm , i wonder how much people follow his false information about Protection Paladin , when he himself clearly did never ever Main Tank as Paladin 40 man Raid Boss. he doesn't even have any clue how certain fights work as Paladin Protection.

Most important about Skarm is that he obviously doesn't rely on Judgement of Wisdom with Seal of Righteousness as Threat+Mana Regeneration Tool , therefore he claim that Paladins have Mana Issues.

How silly is that.
mana issues in 2019? that's hilarious

Image  Image  Image  Image
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/caperfin
Badlands
User avatar
EU Flamelash
Posts: 296
Likes: 120
Horde
Shaman
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Kilerduki wrote:
3 months ago
Cletus wrote:
3 months ago
Gauze wrote:
4 months ago

Yes, I know warriors are better at tanking, but with the right gear and spec nowadays, is it possible?

Thanks!
It's possible for a mage to be the tank with enough healers and stamina gear, it's just not optimal. I hope this helps you conceptualize this in the simplest way.
But mage will never be able to survive Bosses like Maexxna , Melee Twins, Chromagus. While Paladin can do.

I really dont see what your own propaganda is trying to achieve, but whatever , this is reality of how everyday trolls ruin everyone who want to try and enjoy playing paladin protection , by telling them such spins, lies and false information like you did.

As a raid mage tank myself, their hard "cap" or limit is very situational since they need a constant application of Flame Buffet. Best case scenario they can tank t'ill ZG and naturally there are some bosses here and there they SIMPLY can't tank.

Image  Image  Image  Image
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/caperfin
Ironforge
User avatar
Posts: 49
Likes: 24
Dwarf
Warrior
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hello,

I know this post is a few days old already and perhaps you got the answers you are looking for. I will still just share some experiences with you nevertheless and hope you find it useful.

Like you, I was seriously curious about paladin tanking and I decided to test it on the retro wow servers. I found the lack of taunt to be the least problematic of all. Same goes for threat, at least initially. You will build initial threat quite fast, perhaps even faster than warriors and druids. You will also soon discover you are the king of aoe tanking. However, that's where the pros end in my experience. Like many have already pointed out, mana is a huge problem unless you sacrifice gear with defensive stats for int/mp5 gear. In a way you have to do that after all to utilize your redoubt talent. I'd say if you are serious about it, you will do great for dungeons (especially for strat and scholo) and you will be decent offtank for raids, especially on trash and bosses with aoe adds.

I found this guide to be very useful on the matter. The author, Krynn, argues too that you should sacrifice gear with defensive stats and stack stamina/intellect instead to get the most out of your talents:

https://forum.elysium-project.org/topic ... -by-krynn/

Good luck!

//Xaldron

Expect the worst. Hope for the best.
Warrior Fury
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 1075
Likes: 718
Gnome
Warrior
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Xaldron wrote:
3 months ago

Like you, I was seriously curious about paladin tanking and I decided to test it on the retro wow servers. I found the lack of taunt to be the least problematic of all. Same goes for threat, at least initially. You will build initial threat quite fast, perhaps even faster than warriors and druids. You will also soon discover you are the king of aoe tanking. However, that's where the pros end in my experience. Like many have already pointed out, mana is a huge problem unless you sacrifice gear with defensive stats for int/mp5 gear. In a way you have to do that after all to utilize your redoubt talent. I'd say if you are serious about it, you will do great for dungeons (especially for strat and scholo) and you will be decent offtank for raids, especially on trash and bosses with aoe adds.
Very reasonable take on the conversation. You have potential to generate some AoE threat. If you want to tank dungeons, you can make this work. Mana will always be an issue. You could potentially aspire to be an offtank when you reach the real content.

   Selexin
Warrior Fury
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 1075
Likes: 718
Gnome
Warrior
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

killerduki wrote:
3 months ago
Telling that you are going to be Oom after 3 minutes is entirely wrong.

Here is Video of me doing constant max threats as full def gear on Target Dummy for 7 minutes and still not getting Oom. Including the fact that there was no Druids for Innervates or Priest for Power infusion in order to get more Mana.
Yea, 636.7 TPS... All you will need is the thunderfury he is wielding in the video (which a guild wont be giving to the prot pally) the collection of gear he has, which isnt reasonable to get before you tank 5 mans, and that loooooong laundry list of expensive consumes you see in the top right corner of his screen. Is that a supreme power flask? Hahaha.

No one is saying this is not possible. Its just not reasonable. I look forward to following up with a lot of you guys as we progress through Classic. I'm interested in seeing this guy tank some real content with a real guild. I'm also interested in seeing their progression.

Paladin Protection
User avatar
EU Skullflame
Posts: 144
Likes: 5
Alliance
Paladin
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
3 months ago
killerduki wrote:
3 months ago
Telling that you are going to be Oom after 3 minutes is entirely wrong.

Here is Video of me doing constant max threats as full def gear on Target Dummy for 7 minutes and still not getting Oom. Including the fact that there was no Druids for Innervates or Priest for Power infusion in order to get more Mana.
Yea, 636.7 TPS... All you will need is the thunderfury he is wielding in the video (which a guild wont be giving to the prot pally) the collection of gear he has, which isnt reasonable to get before you tank 5 mans, and that loooooong laundry list of expensive consumes you see in the top right corner of his screen. Is that a supreme power flask? Hahaha.

No one is saying this is not possible. Its just not reasonable. I look forward to following up with a lot of you guys as we progress through Classic. I'm interested in seeing this guy tank some real content with a real guild. I'm also interested in seeing their progression.
646.7 TPS = 1k DPS handling and that's without :

1- Holy Shield
2- Retribution Aura
3- Blessing of Sanctuary
4- Sanctity Aura
5- All 3 Judgements at once
6- Exorcism
7- Parry Haste
8- Innervates
9- Power Infusion
10- Holy Mightstone
11- Holy Water
12- Crit Buff by group.
13- World Buffs (all of them)
14- Hunter Pet Buff
15- Blessing of Might
16- Blessing of King
17- Warrior Shouts


Did you know that with all of these (perhaps i missed some) , you can certainly improve threat twice higher than this threat on sitting target?!

/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is Life
/Justice will prevails
Warrior Fury
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 1075
Likes: 718
Gnome
Warrior
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@killerduki show me a video of you as a fresh 60 (not in raid gear) going into 5 man content, with a group of people you don't know, with no VOIP comms. Show me how well this spec performs on a realistic playing field doing content that you can still acquire gear from when 5 mans are actually relevant. This is the reality that most players will be facing. Then compare that performance to a druid or warrior of equal gear and lets compare the viability of the class. Furthermore, lets see you tank in a progressing raid on the first night of MC... the first night of BWL... etc etc etc.

Badlands
User avatar
EU Flamelash
Posts: 296
Likes: 120
Horde
Shaman
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
3 months ago
@killerduki show me a video of you as a fresh 60 (not in raid gear) going into 5 man content, with a group of people you don't know, with no VOIP comms. Show me how well this spec performs on a realistic playing field doing content that you can still acquire gear from when 5 mans are actually relevant. This is the reality that most players will be facing. Then compare that performance to a druid or warrior of equal gear and lets compare the viability of the class. Furthermore, lets see you tank in a progressing raid on the first night of MC... the first night of BWL... etc etc etc.
On the first night of MC... jeezes. What is that like 0.00001% of the pop? not very realistic. But I agree with the fresh 60 part, it requires a little build up but not to the extent that people complain about. I'd say 1 week after 60 for gearing. Literally, by the time 40 people are level 60 you should be in pre-raid BIS.

Image  Image  Image  Image
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/caperfin
Warrior Fury
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 1075
Likes: 718
Gnome
Warrior
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Caperfin wrote:
3 months ago

On the first night of MC... jeezes. What is that like 0.00001% of the pop? not very realistic. But I agree with the fresh 60 part, it requires a little build up but not to the extent that people complain about. I'd say 1 week after 60 for gearing. Literally, by the time 40 people are level 60 you should be in pre-raid BIS.
Yes. On the first night that YOUR guild does MC. I want to see these specs being used during progression. I'm not interested in raid geared players going back to 5 man content and drinking after every pull WHILE they are being supported by other raid geared players. I am not interested in a paladin with thunderfury hitting a target dummy with flasks on. I want to see their performance while progressing, when it matters. I want to see a prot pally as a fresh 60, with other fresh 60s doing 5 man content. I then want to compare their efficiency and performance against other fresh tanks, both feral and warrior.

The argument shouldn't be whether something can be done. The argument is whether something is worth doing. I am genuinely curious to know if prot paladin is worth doing. I have not played a prot paladin and I have not seen one successfully played in these circumstances. I have watched dozens fail horribly. I maintain that this playstyle will not suit the majority of the userbase. I am curious if outliers who are playing the spec perfectly can even make playing a prot pally valuable in contrast to the other two tanks that are available. I am less interested in seeing footage from private, but I really hope that you guys will keep us updated during Classic. Show us some fresh 60 dungeon runs. Show us your guilds first night in MC. I wont even bully you and request raiding footage past MC... Show me those two aspects of tanking successfully, without drinking after every pull, without being the single slowest party member that is trashing efficiency, without wiping due to your lack of taunt, and I will be convinced.

Westfall
User avatar
Posts: 36
Likes: 18
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

That's a rather hard request.

You see, you most likely won't find such a video from retail, because paladin tanks as main tanks were impossible prior to patch 1.9 revamp. The reason is Seal of Fury existed and sucked. So the only available footage from retail would be from between 1.9 and 1.12, when all the pallies already had raid gear.

Similarly, you won't find a sufficient video from private servers, because most private servers introduced their own bugs that affect paladin tanking. Most common being wrong spell damage coefficients, judgement stacking, or some other funky bugs.

Warrior Fury
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 1075
Likes: 718
Gnome
Warrior
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Psojed wrote:
3 months ago
That's a rather hard request.

You see, you most likely won't find such a video from retail, because paladin tanks as main tanks were impossible prior to patch 1.9 revamp. The reason is Seal of Fury existed and sucked. So the only available footage from retail would be from between 1.9 and 1.12, when all the pallies already had raid gear.

Similarly, you won't find a sufficient video from private servers, because most private servers introduced their own bugs that affect paladin tanking. Most common being wrong spell damage coefficients, judgement stacking, or some other funky bugs.
Hence why I am asking for them to stay in touch during Classic. Read the post in full. The validity of these meme specs will be interesting to track throughout the course of Classic.

Badlands
User avatar
EU Flamelash
Posts: 296
Likes: 120
Horde
Shaman
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
3 months ago
I want to see a prot pally as a fresh 60, with other fresh 60s doing 5 man content. I then want to compare their efficiency and performance against other fresh tanks, both feral and warrior.
Wait... I am lost. Did anyone ever say paladin are better than ferals/warriors? Naturally, they are behind but to flat out label them as not a raid tank is wrong.

Stfuppercut wrote:
3 months ago
The argument shouldn't be whether something can be done. The argument is whether something is worth doing. I am genuinely curious to know if prot paladin is worth doing. I have not played a prot paladin and I have not seen one successfully played in these circumstances. I have watched dozens fail horribly. I maintain that this playstyle will not suit the majority of the userbase. I am curious if outliers who are playing the spec perfectly can even make playing a prot pally valuable in contrast to the other two tanks that are available.
IMO its harder but more rewarding since its wasn't entirely designed to be played that way +10 years ago. You could blaze through the content and be done with it then go warrior or you could challenge yourself and inject some life into an old game then go paladin the same goes for dps.

P.S. There are Paladin raid tank videos they just do a poor job with promoting their stuff lol :P

Image  Image  Image  Image
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/caperfin
Druid Feral
US Stalagg
Posts: 148
Likes: 73
Tauren
Druid
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Can you guys settle on the fact that you: agree to disagree?!

Each to his own.

I'm still shock horror by the walls of text that just hit me.

Warrior Fury
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 1075
Likes: 718
Gnome
Warrior
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Caperfin wrote:
3 months ago
Wait... I am lost. Did anyone ever say paladin are better than ferals/warriors?
Alright good. So we can pretty much agree that prot pallys are trash and are viable in the same way that a mage can be viable for tanking or a rogue can be viable for tanking. It CAN be done but it is not worth doing. In almost all cases this is a spec that is completely useless for the majority of the playerbase and something that should be used later on to add flavor to your own experience. Is it fair to agree that this spec is meme in every sense of the word?

Remember. We are in a post where OP is posing THIS question...
Gauze wrote:
4 months ago
It is normally stated that Paladins can't tank and Warriors are king, but I am was curious if they can legitimately not tank and holds agro or if they are just less optimal than a warrior?
Yes. They are less optimal than a warrior. Not, "can it be done". OP wants to know if it SHOULD be done... The argument of viable VS optimal has almost devolved into the point where viable has been redefined. Now, regardless of the efficiency or performance of ANY spec, they are labeled as viable, because hell, it can be done so its viable right? I think this detracts from a lot of other sub optimal specs that can actually be functional in many regards. Rogue tank? Viable. Boomkin in raids? Viable. Ele shaman in raids? Viable. Rogue healer with bandages? Viable. Firestone warlock? Viable. It just gets silly. I think there is room for this sort of flavor at an individual level, I think this sort of thing becomes damaging to the community when a misinformed player is asking for advice and is given grandiose delusions.

Honestly, I'm shocked that posts like this dont get more pushback on this forum. I am all for sharing ideas and trying new things, but when we start to misguide new players with false information on the functionality of a spec it could be really damaging to someones experience. If YOU want to be a prot pally, you should! If someone is asking if a prot pally is less optimal than a warrior and states that he is a casual player, we should immediately direct him away from such a spec. Prot pally takes a TON of min/maxing just to make itself relevant... Even then its a terrible tank that can be used situationally. This doesnt even account for the pushback a prot pally main will face throughout their entire play experience. Lets not become an echo chamber for bad ideas.

Warrior Fury
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 1075
Likes: 718
Gnome
Warrior
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Forsakenone wrote:
3 months ago
Can you guys settle on the fact that you: agree to disagree?!

Each to his own.

I'm still shock horror by the walls of text that just hit me.
Welcome to a text based forum! We love it here! Share ideas, challenge eachother and learn from one another!

Paladin Protection
User avatar
EU Skullflame
Posts: 144
Likes: 5
Alliance
Paladin
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
3 months ago
Caperfin wrote:
3 months ago

On the first night of MC... jeezes. What is that like 0.00001% of the pop? not very realistic. But I agree with the fresh 60 part, it requires a little build up but not to the extent that people complain about. I'd say 1 week after 60 for gearing. Literally, by the time 40 people are level 60 you should be in pre-raid BIS.
Yes. On the first night that YOUR guild does MC. I want to see these specs being used during progression. I'm not interested in raid geared players going back to 5 man content and drinking after every pull WHILE they are being supported by other raid geared players. I am not interested in a paladin with thunderfury hitting a target dummy with flasks on. I want to see their performance while progressing, when it matters. I want to see a prot pally as a fresh 60, with other fresh 60s doing 5 man content. I then want to compare their efficiency and performance against other fresh tanks, both feral and warrior.

The argument shouldn't be whether something can be done. The argument is whether something is worth doing. I am genuinely curious to know if prot paladin is worth doing. I have not played a prot paladin and I have not seen one successfully played in these circumstances. I have watched dozens fail horribly. I maintain that this playstyle will not suit the majority of the userbase. I am curious if outliers who are playing the spec perfectly can even make playing a prot pally valuable in contrast to the other two tanks that are available. I am less interested in seeing footage from private, but I really hope that you guys will keep us updated during Classic. Show us some fresh 60 dungeon runs. Show us your guilds first night in MC. I wont even bully you and request raiding footage past MC... Show me those two aspects of tanking successfully, without drinking after every pull, without being the single slowest party member that is trashing efficiency, without wiping due to your lack of taunt, and I will be convinced.
. I'm not interested in raid geared players going back to 5 man content and drinking after every pull WHILE they are being supported by other raid geared players. I am not interested in a paladin with thunderfury hitting a target dummy with flasks on. I want to see their performance while progressing, when it matters. I want to see a prot pally as a fresh 60, with other fresh 60s doing 5 man content.
Your Ego is quite high for asking too much for something that is already done thousand of times from me personally.

But for your luck to approve your Ego (min/max elitist optimal , most viable blah blah blah) , i didn't had a chance to record everything due to low performance on my pc , slow internet and being unable to stream everything perfect , so i had to play and do it with very low , down to disaster fps.

If this also made your Ego HUGE , it is from Private Server (Nostalrius) recorded where many bugs , which also include your "Optimal Warriors blah blah blah" too.

Progression random blah blah group , fresh lvl 60 with lots of Greens and Poor Items, extremely rare to very low amount of drinking mana per pull (some videos never drinked mana too) and full clearing whole dungeons.

Strat Live ,





Scholomance





Diremaul











LBRS





BRD







I am less interested in seeing footage from private
Then you are biggest Asschole for asking something that is not Available in 2019 , neither up until today.

First you request "TOO MUCH" , Second your request is like "Give me this , give me that".

Are you fucking serious ?! Find me a single (FULL DUNGEON OR RAID RUN) , from all of your "GOOD SPECS" Video from 2005 or 2006 in order to prove your claims first before you come here shitting on something that is not possible to be done according to your retarded requests!
Show us your guilds first night in MC.
And this is why i call your requests retarded! What in a hell you are asking where the Game originally is not even released!?

This mean you and your facts are 100% PRIVATE SERVERS and you are being a DICK here full with hate and cherry picking stuffs that can't be done neither from your "PURISTS" , neither from "HYBRIDS".

And no , Originally Hybrids was Equal to ALL Pures , but PRIVATE SERVERS with their bugs and modifications made them "NOT VIABLE" , because ALL Pservers was scripted according to what someone shitted out of his ASS! .

Even Nostalrius devs admitted that Classes like Warriors , Mages,Warlocks was not properly scripted and was highly overtuned compare to Original Classic! Nostalrius is original server where ALL Sources Elysium and Lightshope and Kronos today are using!
I wont even bully you and request raiding footage past MC.
Fresh lvl 60 with Pre Raid , Green Items and Flurry Axe (no stamina , no shits) Main Tanking Raid Boss.








without drinking after every pull, without being the single slowest party member that is trashing efficiency, without wiping due to your lack of taunt, and I will be convinced.
As you seen on the 5 man Videos , you will have this evidence where I WAIT FOR THE GROUP , not THEM !

Now as i already said you are lucky to prove your EGO , because i was unable to stream whole Runs in the Raid , so i can't show you how Raids was, but i certainly telling you there is 0000000000000000000000.000000000000000 Drinking there, because i could use Runes and Pots instead , not a shitty slacker like those so called "Popular Streamers" who are lazy to use what need to be used in order to make the run Optimal!

You should stop watching those Noobs streamers and stop reading so called "Protection Paladin Experts" on the Forums , because nobody from them have a fucking clue how Paladin Protection is even working in order to be good , so you see mainly false facts , lies and shits about Paladin Tanks.

Instead start following my Youtube Channel , my Streams and wait for Original Classic release , the follow them and Educate yourself what does it mean to have good Protection Paladin in group , not some random Junk who followed Streamers like Alexensual blah blah blah and "Offtanks Paladins" who pretend to be "Paladin Tank Experts" , but start watching the real ones instead, regardless if "Haters or Trolls" shitting on those for other various reasons like you find them doing to me (example).!

Now since you seen how Protection Paladin work on Fresh lvl 60 with Pre Raid blues , Green Items , No Thunderfury , Flurry Axe (low lvl weapon without stats) .

Show me the same from Warriors or Druids! Make sure those Pre Raid Blues, Green Items, No Raid Gear , No Thunderfury and some random Junk weapon and Make sure those are Recorded from Nostalrius , No Lightshope , No Kronos ,No Elysium!

/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is Life
/Justice will prevails
Paladin Protection
User avatar
EU Skullflame
Posts: 144
Likes: 5
Alliance
Paladin
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
3 months ago
Psojed wrote:
3 months ago
That's a rather hard request.

You see, you most likely won't find such a video from retail, because paladin tanks as main tanks were impossible prior to patch 1.9 revamp. The reason is Seal of Fury existed and sucked. So the only available footage from retail would be from between 1.9 and 1.12, when all the pallies already had raid gear.

Similarly, you won't find a sufficient video from private servers, because most private servers introduced their own bugs that affect paladin tanking. Most common being wrong spell damage coefficients, judgement stacking, or some other funky bugs.
Hence why I am asking for them to stay in touch during Classic. Read the post in full. The validity of these meme specs will be interesting to track throughout the course of Classic.



blah232
Published on May 3, 2006


Protection Paladin Main Tanking Onyxia , you can see the Video (His Spells and Abilites was from PRE 1.9 Patch).

That mean Pre 1.9 Patch = Hardmode Onyxia , NO AQ.

/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is Life
/Justice will prevails
Warrior Fury
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 1075
Likes: 718
Gnome
Warrior
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

killerduki wrote:
3 months ago
Alright you little Prick , FIND ME A SINGLE THEORYCRAFT WEBSITE FROM 2005 OR 2006 WITH EVIDENCE THAT WARRIORS ARE BETTER TANKS THAN PALADINS! MAKE SURE IT IS EXPLAINED ON DETAILS WHY , NUMBERS AND ETC.

THEN COME HERE WITH YOUR CLAIMS THAT WARRIORS ARE MORE OPTIMAL THAN PALADINS ON TANKING!
You want me to prove that warriors are better tanks than prot pallies? Okay. Every guild ever uses a warrior to maintank. Warriors can main tank all content, always, paladins can not. Paladins don't have taunt. Paladins have a finite amount of mana. Warriors are the optimal tank.

"COME HERE WITH YOUR CLAIMS THAT WARRIORS ARE MORE OPTIMAL THAN PALADINS ON TANKING!"... Are you serious? Warriors are optimal. Source: Every progression guild ever. Nice attempt though. Look forward to seeing your progression in Classic. Keep me posted. :lol:

In the meantime I'll work on my rogue healing build. If I can just level high enough to unlock runecloth bandages I should be able to main heal for Ragefire Chasm groups. Its totally viable.

Similar topics
to 'Serious Disscussion on Paladin Tanking.'
Posts ViewsLast post