Warlock Affliction
User avatar
US Kirtonos
Posts: 358
Likes: 173
Horde
Warlock
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

The rare mounts or the ones that drop dont do it for me.
I mean they look similar to the ones you can buy.
To me its only the rareness I would want them but they don't look anything special to me.

When I started wow, I would always be amazed by the lvl 60 skeleton mounts especially when you were a shadow priest. It looked badass!

I am not a big mount person or collector but my favorite would be the PVP wolf mount!
Charging in to the battlefield on a wolf always looked fierce!

Rawr! Am I doing it right?

   Selexin
Image Image
Image Image
| Nýxt - Affliction Warlock | Kirtonos PVP | Level 45 |
| Fatherbatch - Holy Priest | Kirtonos PVP | Level 1 |
Warlock Demonology
User avatar
US Skeram
Posts: 225
Likes: 102
Horde
Warlock
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I think Rivendare's charger is going to be the coolest for my UD Lock in Classic but I am a big fan of the Swift Zulian Tiger from ZG for two reasons:

It's not just a reskin/recolor, it actually has additional jade armor on it that looks awesome.

It's one of the few special mounts I've ever gotten :P

Loch modan
User avatar
EU Razorgore
Posts: 187
Likes: 112
Dwarf
Warrior
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Every Ram.

User avatar
EU Dreadmist
Posts: 229
Likes: 260
Horde
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

https://www.wowhead.com/item=13086/rein ... frostsaber

Probably will only be a handful on each server, the grind is insane.

   Lightmain
Warlock Affliction
User avatar
Posts: 34
Likes: 25
Orc
Warlock
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I remember being so proud of my Frostwolf Howler :cry:

Stop poking me!
Arathi Basin
User avatar
Posts: 326
Likes: 148
Undead
Priest
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Probably https://www.wowhead.com/item=13317/whis ... ory-raptor but, Blizzard dont add it...

Undead Priest @ <reLAX>
Twitch Channel, feel free to take a look :)!
Tirisfal Glades
User avatar
Posts: 223
Likes: 124
Undead
Rogue
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I just want Rivendare's Deathcharger :eek:

Warrior Protection
User avatar
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Posts: 1319
Likes: 2526
Orc
Warrior
Rogue Subtlety
User avatar
Posts: 28
Likes: 13
Undead
Rogue
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

https://www.wowhead.com/item=19029/horn ... olf-howler

For sure. It was the first mount I got that I couldn't just buy. Was super proud of it.

   Selexin Bobi
Luthilan - Undead Rogue - Herod
Alterac Valley
User avatar
US Rattlegore
Posts: 35
Likes: 10
Dwarf
Rogue
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

https://classic.wowhead.com/item=18787/swift-gray-ram

I like the ram mounts in general, just do not get many chances to actually use them since I usually roll Horde.

Image
Mulgore
User avatar
Posts: 184
Likes: 136
Tauren
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Exe wrote:
5 months ago
Black War Kodo
That's another mount that I grinded my ass off for, and now I think you can just buy it. :(

I have nothing fancy to add here, but if you've never played Binary Domain, you should.
Image
Winterspring
User avatar
Posts: 47
Likes: 45
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I get tired of any mount that ive had too long. That first at 40 is like your favorite thing in the world...but when youve been 60 for a few months, its awful. Since ill be playing a Nelf again, ill probably be farming SW rep for a horse.

You think you do, but you do.
Felwood
User avatar
Posts: 185
Likes: 73
Gnome
Mage
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

aeh wrote:
5 months ago
Probably https://www.wowhead.com/item=13317/whis ... ory-raptor but, Blizzard dont add it...
This is also my favourite.
another thread claims that Blizzard won't be adding pre 1.4 mounts.

| Kazumi[33] - Frost Mage, Wetpaint[49] - Prot Warrior | Golemagg PVP|
Arathi Basin
User avatar
Posts: 326
Likes: 148
Undead
Priest
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Kazukii wrote:
4 months ago
aeh wrote:
5 months ago
Probably https://www.wowhead.com/item=13317/whis ... ory-raptor but, Blizzard dont add it...
This is also my favourite.
another thread claims that Blizzard won't be adding pre 1.4 mounts.
Ye the wont add id :(
Kinda sad...

Maybe you can buy it with real money transactions later :D

Undead Priest @ <reLAX>
Twitch Channel, feel free to take a look :)!
Eastern Plaguelands
User avatar
Posts: 18
Likes: 9
Dwarf
Paladin
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'd say either the Razzashi or the ivory raptor !

Castigat ridendo mores (big time).
Silverpine Forest
User avatar
OC Arugal
Posts: 122
Likes: 85
Undead
Warlock
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Black war raptor was my first non standard mount back in the day, i loved it more than anything, but the black war wolf is pretty cool too. along with the stormsaber/nightsaber mounts for night elves

Image
Image
Image
Winterspring
User avatar
EU Pyrewood Village
Posts: 146
Likes: 55
Troll
Warrior
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread
   Midera
daisyKutter - Image Troll Image Protection Image Warrior
EU PvE - Pyrewood Village - Image Horde
Ashenvale
User avatar
US Bloodsail Buccaneers
Posts: 75
Likes: 29
Night Elf
Warrior
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

The Warlock's Dreadsteed. Talk about a beautiful, fiery being for a mount in Vanilla! But... I'll be a paladin come Classic so my charger will do just fine.
Unless I get Rivendare's Deathcharger while wearing Naxx gear and the Corrupted Ashbringer! Mwhahaha!

   Nyxt
Arithil - Warrior Tank
User avatar
Posts: 74
Likes: 35
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Relik wrote:
5 months ago
https://www.wowhead.com/item=13086/rein ... frostsaber

Probably will only be a handful on each server, the grind is insane.
That flavor text is really cute.

What's the difficult part of the grind exactly? I've been looking at a few of the quest names and they're cute too. https://www.wowhead.com/quest=29037/bor ... winterfall https://www.wowhead.com/quest=29035/a-cubs-cravings https://www.wowhead.com/quest=29040/cubs-first-toy https://www.wowhead.com/quest=29038/hunting-practice

Warrior Fury
User avatar
US Faerlina
Posts: 1124
Likes: 739
Gnome
Warrior
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

In vanilla there were two primary was to get rep if I remember. You either had to kill those timbermaw or you had to kill the frost giant elites. Some players would do loops of both. I only got my rep to revered during vanilla and then finished it in BC when this was still a rare mount. The long part of this grind was the travel time. You started all the way north with the quest NPC and then had to travel all the way down to everlock for the timbermaw and even further to the south for the frost giants. The turn ins were very low rep and the travel time made this insane. It wasnt even worth starting without an epic mount. The grind gave me something to do in between long PvP queues.

There were 2 substantial nerfs to this rep grind if I remember correctly and then finally Blizz turned it into a daily quest that is SUPER easy.

Selexin wrote:
3 weeks ago
I'll have you know we have many resident developers who were involved in the creation of Vanilla WoW that have fantastically fool proof solutions to allll the imaginary problems!!!
Felwood
User avatar
Posts: 185
Likes: 73
Gnome
Mage
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 months ago
In vanilla there were two primary was to get rep if I remember. You either had to kill those timbermaw or you had to kill the frost giant elites. Some players would do loops of both. I only got my rep to revered during vanilla and then finished it in BC when this was still a rare mount. The long part of this grind was the travel time. You started all the way north with the quest NPC and then had to travel all the way down to everlock for the timbermaw and even further to the south for the frost giants. The turn ins were very low rep and the travel time made this insane. It wasnt even worth starting without an epic mount. The grind gave me something to do in between long PvP queues.

There were 2 substantial nerfs to this rep grind if I remember correctly and then finally Blizz turned it into a daily quest that is SUPER easy.
Because I will only have about 2 hours a day to play I'll probably log in just to do the winterspring quests and eat.
I would have liked to get the pre-1.4 tiger mount but it seems as though I have to do things the hard way.
Gnome on a tiger ftw.

| Kazumi[33] - Frost Mage, Wetpaint[49] - Prot Warrior | Golemagg PVP|
Druid Feral
User avatar
Posts: 49
Likes: 17
Tauren
Hunter
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Really want to get the Swift Zulian Tiger if I can find the time to raid, though I'm definately gonna opt to do the Winterspring Tiger daily.

But uh, Swift Zulian Tiger for sure as my pick of 'best looking mount'.

<The Seven Deadly Sins>
Heartseeker-PvP
Guild Master
Silverpine Forest
User avatar
Posts: 8
Likes: 3
Undead
Priest
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Swift Zulian Tiger is my most favourite mount in the game ever.

I do really like the undead horses and warlock mounts too though.

Midera - Undead Priest [EU] Pyrewood Village
"Dark Lady watch over you..."
User avatar
Posts: 74
Likes: 35
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
4 months ago
In vanilla there were two primary was to get rep if I remember. You either had to kill those timbermaw or you had to kill the frost giant elites. Some players would do loops of both. I only got my rep to revered during vanilla and then finished it in BC when this was still a rare mount. The long part of this grind was the travel time. You started all the way north with the quest NPC and then had to travel all the way down to everlock for the timbermaw and even further to the south for the frost giants. The turn ins were very low rep and the travel time made this insane. It wasnt even worth starting without an epic mount. The grind gave me something to do in between long PvP queues.

There were 2 substantial nerfs to this rep grind if I remember correctly and then finally Blizz turned it into a daily quest that is SUPER easy.
Oh alright, so are the daily quests I linked the new versions?

Similar topics
to 'Re: The best looking mount?'
Posts ViewsLast post