View results
Poll  •  New metas?
User avatar
Posts: 11
Likes: 8
11 posts
Human
Paladin
Human Paladin 11 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

You've seen Reck-Bomb Paladins. You've seen Shockadins. We laugh at Ret Raid DPS, and as tanks they're forever stuck tanking 5-mans and trash.

My weird spec, is going to be Holy based, but not a Shockadin. I'll have Holy Shock, yes, but I'm not going for PvP burst memes. I'm hoping to go the route of Spell/Heal-Adin. I want to heal 5-mans (maybe raids) with ease, while also weaving burst DPS with SoR, consecration, judgement, holy shock, and hammer of wrath.

What I want to test is fast vs slow weapon for weaving.

User avatar
Posts: 59
Likes: 25
59 posts
Alliance
Alliance 59 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@Caperfin I would love the read about every spec you mentioned, if you care to share.

Posts:
Likes: 0
vandeath
vandeath
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Could I too please get more info on those tanking specs, especially the priest tank one?

Arathi Basin
User avatar
Guild:

N/A


Discord:

Lazuriz#1937


Bnet:

Lazuriz#1735


Posts: 2
Likes: 3
Alliance 2 posts
4 weeks ago (Beta)
4 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Caperfin wrote:
1 month ago
I have personally played everything that I will be mentioning in this post. I'll tell you weird spec stuff and tell you what they can achieve.

- Priest Raid Tank
- Rogue Raid Tank
- Warlock Raid Tank

@pingaan
Would you be able to send me information about? @pingaan

Hard like Heroic More than you can handle
>>>>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KEK3wfn2hw <<<<
Not spoopy i swear
Posts: 28
Likes: 18
28 posts
28 posts
4 weeks ago (Beta)
4 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Wha?

Warrior Protection
User avatar
Discord:

teebling#5444


Bnet:

Teeb#2674


Posts: 1067
Likes: 1861
Orc Warrior 525 posts
4 weeks ago (Beta)
4 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

pingaan wrote:
4 weeks ago
Wha?
Think he means @Caperfin

Admin • Bug reportsAvatar requests
Image
There is nothing like watching a dead rogue not releasing his ghost so he can watch me slowly bleeding out, only to pop stoneform and teabag him with my rocky balls. Samarener the Dwarf, 2019.
Ashenvale
User avatar
Discord:

Solveig#0001


Posts: 72
Likes: 57
72 posts
Night Elf
Rogue
Night Elf Rogue 72 posts
4 weeks ago (Beta)
4 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

While it isn't too far from the meta apple tree, I enjoyed playing 2h Fury Warrior a lot on Nostalrius. You can do some serious DPS early on in content before hit rating helps dual wield take off, and the 2h weapons in Classic are far and away some of the best weapons Blizz has ever created in the game. OEB, BRE, Ashkandi, etc.

   Selexin
Image
Druid Feral
User avatar
Guild:

LFG


Bnet:

Selexin#1725


Posts: 625
Likes: 408
525 posts
Tauren
Druid
Tauren Druid 525 posts
4 weeks ago (Beta)
4 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Solveig wrote:
4 weeks ago
While it isn't too far from the meta apple tree, I enjoyed playing 2h Fury Warrior a lot on Nostalrius. You can do some serious DPS early on in content before hit rating helps dual wield take off, and the 2h weapons in Classic are far and away some of the best weapons Blizz has ever created in the game. OEB, BRE, Ashkandi, etc.
Hey, does the 2h fury build use slam? I remember slam theorycraft back in vanilla days, such an underutilised ability.

ImageImage
Badlands
User avatar
Posts: 75
Likes: 66
Horde Shaman 75 posts
4 weeks ago (Beta)
4 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@Solveig 2h Fury warrior can deal really good dps if you put in the effort required, regardless of the raid. I am blanking on the name but there are a few very good 2h fury warriors who regularly keep up with DW fury dps. On the Horde side naturally...

Image  Image  Image
Durotar
User avatar
Posts: 10
Likes: 7
Orc Warrior 10 posts
3 weeks ago (Beta)
3 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

It's my hope that people are more experimental rather than just parroting the same crap as before with all the people who will come from private servers. I think, unfortunately, that it'll be more of the same and people will be so tryhard as to keep the old stigmas whether they matter or not.

Ashenvale
User avatar
Discord:

Solveig#0001


Posts: 72
Likes: 57
72 posts
Night Elf
Rogue
Night Elf Rogue 72 posts
3 weeks ago (Beta)
3 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Selexin wrote:
4 weeks ago
Solveig wrote:
4 weeks ago
While it isn't too far from the meta apple tree, I enjoyed playing 2h Fury Warrior a lot on Nostalrius. You can do some serious DPS early on in content before hit rating helps dual wield take off, and the 2h weapons in Classic are far and away some of the best weapons Blizz has ever created in the game. OEB, BRE, Ashkandi, etc.
Hey, does the 2h fury build use slam? I remember slam theorycraft back in vanilla days, such an underutilised ability.
Personally I ran it without and still did fine. Had a friend using slam and he was managing to irk out a bit more DPS than I.

I don't think using/building slam is necessary but if you're trying to min max it as much as possible then I would suggest doing it. I'm just lazy and didn't want to have to be beholden to a swing timer.

Image
Druid Feral
User avatar
Guild:

LFG


Bnet:

Selexin#1725


Posts: 625
Likes: 408
525 posts
Tauren
Druid
Tauren Druid 525 posts
3 weeks ago (Beta)
3 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Solveig wrote:
3 weeks ago
I'm just lazy and didn't want to have to be beholden to a swing timer.
Me too, which makes me dislike the current meta for Feral DPS, which is why I am looking more at Tanking/Resto/PvP.

ImageImage
Badlands
User avatar
Posts: 75
Likes: 66
Horde Shaman 75 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Nobleshield wrote:
3 weeks ago
t's my hope that people are more experimental rather than just parroting the same crap as before with all the people who will come from private servers. I think, unfortunately, that it'll be more of the same and people will be so tryhard as to keep the old stigmas whether they matter or not.
Better yet :) they will be tryharding experimental stuff.

Image  Image  Image
Warsong Gulch
User avatar
Discord:

MeatLumps#2742


Bnet:

MeatLumps#11603


Posts: 82
Likes: 48
Troll Rogue 82 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Does anyone know of any decent fist weapon specs for Rogues? From what I've read it's pretty crap, and fist weapons themselves are difficult to come by, but I'm interested in it as a possible long term goal. Also, if I'm not planning on taking the spec into raiding, is it at all viable in casual PvP, or is it really just that bad?

ImageImage
Azshara
User avatar
Posts: 2
Likes: 4
2 posts
Human
Priest
Human Priest 2 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'd like to add the following as well. I've personally played both builds. Not claiming they're the optimal way to play or anything, but they worked fine up to Nefarian. I enjoyed playing them.

Smite Priest
Arcane Mage (as in, using Arcane Missiles as your main skill)

   Selexin
Druid Feral
User avatar
Guild:

LFG


Bnet:

Selexin#1725


Posts: 625
Likes: 408
525 posts
Tauren
Druid
Tauren Druid 525 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Isilla wrote:
2 weeks ago
Arcane Mage (as in, using Arcane Missiles as your main skill)
Arcane has some really good talents that help with lack of gear, if mana problems can be overcome it's a good build.

I've always wanted to make an arcane mage myself.

ImageImage
Teldrassil
User avatar
Discord:

Faendor#4087


Bnet:

Faendor#1224


Posts: 342
Likes: 151
342 posts
Night Elf
Druid
Night Elf Druid 342 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I personally wanna try deep disc priest for levelling. As I am going Night Elf I will have Starshards at my disposal and I wanna try if it would work in combination with disc spec. Throw smite/holy fire, SW:Pain, Starshards and wand to death. I wanna try to go full on spirit with gear and Spirit Tap, Divine Spirit and Meditation. Might be fun to try something new like that.

   Sauva
They claimed I didn't but I did...
Azshara
User avatar
Posts: 2
Likes: 4
2 posts
Human
Priest
Human Priest 2 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Faendor wrote:
2 weeks ago
I personally wanna try deep disc priest for levelling. As I am going Night Elf I will have Starshards at my disposal and I wanna try if it would work in combination with disc spec. Throw smite/holy fire, SW:Pain, Starshards and wand to death. I wanna try to go full on spirit with gear and Spirit Tap, Divine Spirit and Meditation. Might be fun to try something new like that.
It might please you to learn that I've done exactly this twice, and it was an extremely enjoyable experience. Still not sure if I want to do it again for classic, but I can't deny it's tempting...

   Selexin teebling Faendor
Mage Frost
User avatar
Guild:

<Orc Forge>


Bnet:

Peanuts#1271


Posts: 57
Likes: 18
57 posts
Horde
Priest
Horde Priest 57 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Isilla wrote:
2 weeks ago
Faendor wrote:
2 weeks ago
I personally wanna try deep disc priest for levelling. As I am going Night Elf I will have Starshards at my disposal and I wanna try if it would work in combination with disc spec. Throw smite/holy fire, SW:Pain, Starshards and wand to death. I wanna try to go full on spirit with gear and Spirit Tap, Divine Spirit and Meditation. Might be fun to try something new like that.
It might please you to learn that I've done exactly this twice, and it was an extremely enjoyable experience. Still not sure if I want to do it again for classic, but I can't deny it's tempting...
Oh my. I too plan on rolling deep disc for leveling. It just seems a little stronger in terms of survival for Classic WoW's launch.

“Everything that is... is alive.”
Similar topics
to 'Unusual specs / class builds'
Posts ViewsLast post