View results
Poll  •  BIG SIG or Tasteful Signatures?
User avatar
Posts: 5
Likes: 4
Night Elf Druid 5 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'm seeing a bunch of big, girthy...signatures.

Not gonna call anyone out, but when I see a sig bigger than the default replybox size, it makes me weep.

I think getting people to voluntarily calm their girthy sigs doesn't normally work, so...

uh, @teebling, what do you think, milord?

   Syturio bunkbed209 atkars
Winterspring
User avatar
Guild:

Senile Chieftains


Bnet:

s1atan#2841


Posts: 202
Likes: 144
Horde 202 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

You can opt out from displaying signature in settings, if you want. :smile:

Preferences>display

Image
User avatar
Posts: 5
Likes: 4
Night Elf Druid 5 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

No way. I'll delete this topic then x) (tasteful sig btw)

   s1atan
User avatar
Posts: 140
Likes: 135
140 posts
Orc
Warrior
Orc Warrior 140 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Fuck all y'all, I'm keeping my orcish barkeep!

   Jon Bloodspray s1atan Shyneur Ancestor disco Pixstar
<Shut up and Colour>
Image
Warsong Gulch
User avatar
Guild:

Tephra


Posts: 34
Likes: 38
Undead Rogue 34 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Code: Select all

.bpostbody .signature {
  max-height: 64px;
}
.bpostbody .signature img {
    max-height: 64px;
}
problem solved ;)

   Merode
Image
User avatar
Posts: 140
Likes: 135
140 posts
Orc
Warrior
Orc Warrior 140 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I made mine a little bigger just now to include my guild tag.

   d3aths
<Shut up and Colour>
Image
User avatar
Posts: 5
Likes: 4
Night Elf Druid 5 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Escalotes wrote:
1 month ago
I made mine a little bigger just now to include my guild tag.
Ugh its so oppressive :sad: :sad: :cry:

Winterspring
User avatar
Discord:

Chablo#3335


Bnet:

Chablo#11275


Posts: 34
Likes: 23
Tauren Warrior 34 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

hopefully mines alright

Image
Image
Arathi Basin
User avatar
Guild:

GRIND


Posts: 254
Likes: 105
Undead Priest 254 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Would be cool to deactivate Signatures for a specific user, so I could turn off every big Signature I do not like :D

Undead Priest @ <GRIND>
Twitch Channel, feel free to take a look :)!
The Barrens
User avatar
Posts: 47
Likes: 17
47 posts
Orc
Warrior
Orc Warrior 47 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I love the comeback of sigs nonetheless. I remember back in the days I would sit in photoshop for hours to make fine looking sigs and banners to my forums

Winterspring
User avatar
Discord:

Chablo#3335


Bnet:

Chablo#11275


Posts: 34
Likes: 23
Tauren Warrior 34 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Derek wrote:
1 month ago
I love the comeback of sigs nonetheless. I remember back in the days I would sit in photoshop for hours to make fine looking sigs and banners to my forums
Same! Loved following tutorials and getting my smudge and blends down. Good ole days!

   Derek
Image
Image
The Barrens
User avatar
Posts: 47
Likes: 17
47 posts
Orc
Warrior
Orc Warrior 47 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Chablo wrote:
1 month ago
Derek wrote:
1 month ago
I love the comeback of sigs nonetheless. I remember back in the days I would sit in photoshop for hours to make fine looking sigs and banners to my forums
Same! Loved following tutorials and getting my smudge and blends down. Good ole days!
Haha yes, what a throwback! Your current sig is a perfect example

Ashenvale
User avatar
Guild:

N/A


Bnet:

Warcry#11250


Posts: 36
Likes: 47
Night Elf Rogue 36 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Ancestor wrote:
1 month ago
I'm seeing a bunch of big, girthy...signatures.

Not gonna call anyone out, but when I see a sig bigger than the default replybox size, it makes me weep.

I think getting people to voluntarily calm their girthy sigs doesn't normally work, so...

uh, @teebling, what do you think, milord?
I don't meant to sound rude..but it lowkey sounds like you're tattling on the rest of the class..like..who cares what size a signature is? it's the Internet, if you don't like it, that's too bad. Now, a Wallpaper sig..that would be terrible. However, these "big signatures" aren't so big that you can't scroll through a topic just like any other.

so...I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish. Let people express and show off what they like in their Forum signatures.

 Blizzard Entertainment
You Think You Do, But You Don't.
Rogue Assassination
User avatar
Guild:

Waiting on Realms


Posts: 110
Likes: 46
Horde Warlock 110 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Some are a bit big, I can think of a few.

There's a reason why I made mine a lot smaller than the original size :')

   Escalotes Jakob
Tirisfal Glades
User avatar
Posts: 38
Likes: 28
38 posts
Undead
Mage
Undead Mage 38 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I dont care. Always something to complain about.
Back seat moderation can go though.

Image
User avatar
Posts: 140
Likes: 135
140 posts
Orc
Warrior
Orc Warrior 140 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Raven wrote:
1 month ago
Some are a bit big, I can think of a few.

There's a reason why I made mine a lot smaller than the original size :')
:confused:

<Shut up and Colour>
Image
Warlock Demonology
User avatar
Guild:

Malum Factum


Discord:

https://discord.gg/K


Bnet:

pan0phobik#1815


Posts: 151
Likes: 67
Horde Warlock 150 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

It's annoying. I don't get upset about it, but it's annoying.

Wetlands
User avatar
Posts: 11
Likes: 14
Troll Hunter 11 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Warrior Protection
User avatar
Discord:

teebling#5444


Bnet:

Teeb#2674


Posts: 1067
Likes: 1861
Orc Warrior 525 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Listen guys I haven't put any restrictions in so far because I thought it wasn't necessary and that people here were mature enough to know not to do stuff like this - but if you're going to be annoying and make your sigs massive on purpose to troll people here who have complained then I'll just fucking delete them, end of.

If you have a big sig, resize your images or I'll do it for you (by deleting them).

Thought this wouldn't be necessary but the way people are responding to this thread is kind of pissing me off.

   Jon Bloodspray pan0phobik neofrag Crogek Selexin Firelord Sporks atkars
Admin • Bug reportsAvatar requests
Image
There is nothing like watching a dead rogue not releasing his ghost so he can watch me slowly bleeding out, only to pop stoneform and teabag him with my rocky balls. Samarener the Dwarf, 2019.
Mulgore
User avatar
Posts: 165
Likes: 115
Tauren 164 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I actually like Escalotes' original Orc bartender sig, but that's about the largest I find appropriate, imo.

I have nothing fancy to add here, but if you've never played Binary Domain, you should.
Image
User avatar
Posts: 140
Likes: 135
140 posts
Orc
Warrior
Orc Warrior 140 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
1 month ago
Listen guys I haven't put any restrictions in so far because I thought it wasn't necessary and that people here were mature enough to know not to do stuff like this - but if you're going to be annoying and make your sigs massive on purpose to troll people here who have complained then I'll just fucking delete them, end of.

If you have a big sig, resize your images or I'll do it for you (by deleting them).

Thought this wouldn't be necessary but the way people are responding to this thread is kind of pissing me off.
Duly noted, and fixed.

@Jon Bloodspray Believe it or not I actually cut out over half the image to make it more forum-appropriate!

<Shut up and Colour>
Image
Warsong Gulch
User avatar
Guild:

Tephra


Posts: 34
Likes: 38
Undead Rogue 34 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I can understand that signatures are a great place to get creative. But some of the signatures are just annoying and also hurt the site itself. For example we have an active community member that has an image in the signature that is crazy large (dimensions: 3,510px × 1,272px; file-size: 320.5 KB) Even though it is scaled down by the css-rule in the image-tag, it takes up most of the space inside the viewport. If all users would have such an image in their signature the site becomes heavy for people with slow internet-speeds or browsing with an mobile-device.

Like in all growing communities, there is some point where something like public available rules or guidelines are needed. Most of the forums from the time vanilla was "fresh" had such rules, like signatures are not allowed to be larger then 3-5 rows of text (at default size) or max 100px in height.

Image
User avatar
Posts: 140
Likes: 135
140 posts
Orc
Warrior
Orc Warrior 140 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

neofrag wrote:
1 month ago
I can understand that signatures are a great place to get creative. But some of the signatures are just annoying and also hurt the site itself. For example we have an active community member that has an image in the signature that is crazy large (dimensions: 3,510px × 1,272px; file-size: 320.5 KB) Even though it is scaled down by the css-rule in the image-tag, it takes up most of the space inside the viewport. If all users would have such an image in their signature the site becomes heavy for people with slow internet-speeds or browsing with an mobile-device.

Like in all growing communities, there is some point where something like public available rules or guidelines are needed. Most of the forums from the time vanilla was "fresh" had such rules, like signatures are not allowed to be larger then 3-5 rows of text (at default size) or max 100px in height.
Frantically opens paint to check dimensions

Edit: I scoured the forum and found who you were referring to. TBH the sig in question isn't close to obnoxious on desktop. Mobile may be a different question.

<Shut up and Colour>
Image
Arathi Highlands
User avatar
Posts: 39
Likes: 26
Horde Warrior 39 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

320kb is absurd for a signature.

Warrior Fury
User avatar
Posts: 194
Likes: 86
188 posts
Horde
Horde 188 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

If I may throw in my own opinion, I have always thought signatures have been annoying, and that they just make the topic board look cluttered and ugly. Maybe I'm a bit cynical, but to me the signatures just feels completely unrelated to anything.

Luckily, there is an option to turn them off here, which has been all good for me.

   Sojiro84
Similar topics
to 'Oversized Signatures...'
Posts ViewsLast post