User avatar
EU Dreadmist
Posts: 195
Likes: 240
Horde
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

My biggest undiscussed worry is the conversation that I've not yet had with my gf about how much time I will be spending in the computer room. :eek:

User avatar
Posts: 26
Likes: 7
Orc
Warrior
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Relik wrote:
3 months ago
My biggest undiscussed worry is the conversation that I've not yet had with my gf about how much time I will be spending in the computer room. :eek:
I am worried about a similar situation, myself.

Druid Feral
US Stalagg
Posts: 136
Likes: 66
Tauren
Druid
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Relik wrote:
3 months ago
My biggest undiscussed worry is the conversation that I've not yet had with my gf about how much time I will be spending in the computer room. :eek:
Can relate to that..... just might get me killed.

Rogue Subtlety
User avatar
Posts: 28
Likes: 13
Undead
Rogue
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

The real strat is getting your girlfriend to play with you. :cool:

Luthilan - Undead Rogue - Herod
Winterspring
User avatar
Posts: 47
Likes: 45
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Ha, casuals. This is why you stay single!

   Selexin Marxman Elian
You think you do, but you do.
Hunter Survival
User avatar
US Stalagg
Posts: 238
Likes: 189
Tauren
Warrior
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Re: "Streamers will ruin the servers"
https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/com ... that_will/

Going by his replies in the comments OP is not joking. They really want to counter streaming by setting up a cross-faction totalitarian regime. Even if their addon gets the hammer from Blizzard having this many sadists on one server would be bad news.

Druid Feral
User avatar
OC Yojamba
Posts: 853
Likes: 665
Tauren
Druid
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Lendryn wrote:
3 months ago
Re: "Streamers will ruin the servers"
https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/com ... that_will/

Going by his replies in the comments OP is not joking. They really want to counter streaming by setting up a cross-faction totalitarian regime. Even if their addon gets the hammer from Blizzard having this many sadists on one server would be bad news.
Holy shit, at first I thought this was going to be just stream snipes being oragnised or something. This is just..... wow. There is some serious autism going on with this post. Amazing.....

   Stfuppercut
ImageImage
Rogue Subtlety
User avatar
Posts: 28
Likes: 13
Undead
Rogue
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Yikes... I'm glad they're publishing what server they're on so I can avoid that.

Blizz should ban the add-on like they have a few others in the past. This is blatant negativity and targeted harassment.

Luthilan - Undead Rogue - Herod
Alterac Valley
User avatar
Posts: 2
Likes: 1
Undead
Mage
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

rageplant wrote:
3 months ago
Length of Phases. I am conflicted because I really really want to have time to do all the raids as they are released, but I also know I will itch for the Honor System/Battlegrounds. I never had the opportunity to raid in Vanilla like I wanted, but I did tons of PVP and it was one of my favorite aspects.
I'd assume that they are going to complete all phases in around 3 years but I could be wrong. I really hope that the community doesn't force them to move phases up faster and faster because a few guilds are at max - that wouldn't be very cash money of them.

   rageplant
Hunter Marksman
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 982
Likes: 638
Alliance
Hunter
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hippo_mouse_robot wrote:
3 months ago
I'd assume that they are going to complete all phases in around 3 years but I could be wrong. I really hope that the community doesn't force them to move phases up faster and faster because a few guilds are at max - that wouldn't be very cash money of them.
I have mixed feelings about the content release schedule. Having played on private and retail vanilla, Classic WoW will boast incredible player retention, but every time there is a content drought regardless if we are playing Classic or retail, a large population of players will leave. Some of these players inevitably return when the next phase arrives, but you will always lose a large portion of players permanently. The only thing worse than being behind everyone else, is being ahead with nothing to accomplish. Insert recommendation to level alts here! I think a lot of players will be surprised with how trivial the max level content is if they haven't played since retail vanilla. If we only have MC and Ony for the first 2 phases, and the 6 phases were to be spread out over 3 years (approx 6 months per phase)... This could be HORRIFIC for the health of the game. I mean, top tier guilds will likely be downing MC by week 2-3, hardcore guilds within a month and casual/pug runs will start popping up within 2 months of the first phase, yet we could be stuck with this as the ONLY content for 2 phases, for approximately 1 year duration (at your 3 year total game cycle estimate). Imagine taking 2 months (8 weeks) to get into MC and then running MC for the other 10 months (44 weeks) straight before seeing new content. A raid that can be completed with 35 players wearing sub-optimal gear will be farmed by raid geared players for months and months and months and mo...

Blizzard have already said they are going to decide the release schedule of phases as they go, but I hope they lean towards additional content to appease the top end players rather than stifling progress and halting the game to appease the bottom end of the playerbase. Granted, I am hoping for a much slower content release cycle than we have seen on private. My desired release would probably be 1.5-2 years total with a very short phase 1 and an extended phase 5 for the AQ war effort with the game finally ending in phase 6 with no foreseeable reset (players could take as long as they needed to finish the game).

Druid Feral
User avatar
EU Gehennas
Posts: 106
Likes: 65
Tauren
Druid
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Selexin wrote:
3 months ago
Lendryn wrote:
3 months ago
Re: "Streamers will ruin the servers"
https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/com ... that_will/

Going by his replies in the comments OP is not joking. They really want to counter streaming by setting up a cross-faction totalitarian regime. Even if their addon gets the hammer from Blizzard having this many sadists on one server would be bad news.
Holy shit, at first I thought this was going to be just stream snipes being oragnised or something. This is just..... wow. There is some serious autism going on with this post. Amazing.....
This shit is hilarious!

I am by no means an expert, but I’m certain that some of the things this addon is supposedly going to be able to do is not possible without violating the terms of use.

So either these guys are pulling off a huge bluff in the hopes of streamers staying away from their server, or they are seriously stupid enough to risk the population of an entire server getting banned because they force this persona-non-grata stuff on everyone.

Also I‘d like to see them compete with a counter-movement if a coalition of streamers were to chose their server on purpose, bringing at least a couple of hundred prepared fans with them.

This could become quite entertaining quite quickly.

   Selexin
Druid Feral
User avatar
EU Gehennas
Posts: 106
Likes: 65
Tauren
Druid
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Relik wrote:
3 months ago
My biggest undiscussed worry is the conversation that I've not yet had with my gf about how much time I will be spending in the computer room. :eek:
I told her, I don't think she realized how serious I was :)

   Relik
User avatar
EU Dreadmist
Posts: 195
Likes: 240
Horde
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Rinkusan wrote:
3 months ago
Relik wrote:
3 months ago
My biggest undiscussed worry is the conversation that I've not yet had with my gf about how much time I will be spending in the computer room. :eek:
I told her, I don't think she realized how serious I was :)
Well she can't say you didn't tell her. :lol:

Warlock Affliction
User avatar
Posts: 330
Likes: 158
Horde
Warlock
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Relik wrote:
3 months ago
Rinkusan wrote:
3 months ago
Relik wrote:
3 months ago
My biggest undiscussed worry is the conversation that I've not yet had with my gf about how much time I will be spending in the computer room. :eek:
I told her, I don't think she realized how serious I was :)
Well she can't say you didn't tell her. :lol:
Hun, where are you? Dishes need to be done...

I'm in Stranglethorn Vale, heading towards Zul'Gurub

| Nýxt - Affliction Warlock | Kirtonos PVP |
| Fatherbatch - Holy Priest | Kirtonos PVP |
Barindir
Posts:
Likes: 0
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I never played shaman but i want to and ive already made my mind about the fact that ill have to heal in raids. I like shaman sets a lot, and i was wondering if the shaman tier i get as a resto, can be used as an elemental shaman in pvp, cause thats what i wanna play in pvp.

Posts: 36
Likes: 8
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
3 months ago
Hippo_mouse_robot wrote:
3 months ago
I'd assume that they are going to complete all phases in around 3 years but I could be wrong. I really hope that the community doesn't force them to move phases up faster and faster because a few guilds are at max - that wouldn't be very cash money of them.
I have mixed feelings about the content release schedule. Having played on private and retail vanilla, Classic WoW will boast incredible player retention, but every time there is a content drought regardless if we are playing Classic or retail, a large population of players will leave. Some of these players inevitably return when the next phase arrives, but you will always lose a large portion of players permanently. The only thing worse than being behind everyone else, is being ahead with nothing to accomplish. Insert recommendation to level alts here! I think a lot of players will be surprised with how trivial the max level content is if they haven't played since retail vanilla. If we only have MC and Ony for the first 2 phases, and the 6 phases were to be spread out over 3 years (approx 6 months per phase)... This could be HORRIFIC for the health of the game. I mean, top tier guilds will likely be downing MC by week 2-3, hardcore guilds within a month and casual/pug runs will start popping up within 2 months of the first phase, yet we could be stuck with this as the ONLY content for 2 phases, for approximately 1 year duration (at your 3 year total game cycle estimate). Imagine taking 2 months (8 weeks) to get into MC and then running MC for the other 10 months (44 weeks) straight before seeing new content. A raid that can be completed with 35 players wearing sub-optimal gear will be farmed by raid geared players for months and months and months and mo...

Blizzard have already said they are going to decide the release schedule of phases as they go, but I hope they lean towards additional content to appease the top end players rather than stifling progress and halting the game to appease the bottom end of the playerbase. Granted, I am hoping for a much slower content release cycle than we have seen on private. My desired release would probably be 1.5-2 years total with a very short phase 1 and an extended phase 5 for the AQ war effort with the game finally ending in phase 6 with no foreseeable reset (players could take as long as they needed to finish the game).
Let them HC the raids then for months and months and be content draughted. They cant say somebody forced them to rush the trivial content anyway. Even if I will play alot I will have different things to do for months and months. If they want to progress raid content with HC mindset for longer periods than classic raids will last then go retail? Its rushers own fault if he is content draughted in a few months.

Warrior Protection
User avatar
Posts: 30
Likes: 30
Troll
Warrior
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I fully understand that Classic raids will be fairly easy (especially with stacking world buffs), and that this is probably the way it will be, and I just have to deal with it and make the best of the situation. And that's fine.

But if we're talking about what would provide the funnest gameplay experience for me personally? The raids would be changed to be considerably harder than they are now. Or at the very least, world buffs would be disabled in raids.

I'm also not against the idea of new raiding content being released in Classic. The thing that made Classic great was its game design. There's no rule saying that we can't take the amazing game design of Classic and extend it with more content in the same vein.

How ya doin' mon?
Deadwind Pass
User avatar
US Herod
Posts: 219
Likes: 111
Orc
Warrior
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Reiker wrote:
3 months ago
1. Toxic community that will make me hate the game as it did on private servers. Going by the Classic WoW subreddit and the official forums, I'm not sure if things will be much different.
My advice to prevent this to happen, do not join official forums nor Reddit. Avoid it at all cost.
Even if there's an small amount of toxicity on the forums and you're aware of it, it will make you feel the same way as they do, just don't pay attention to it and keep doing your thing. Healthy and strong.

<WAR>
Herod - PvP
Image
Posts: 36
Likes: 8
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Morph wrote:
2 months ago
I fully understand that Classic raids will be fairly easy (especially with stacking world buffs), and that this is probably the way it will be, and I just have to deal with it and make the best of the situation. And that's fine.

But if we're talking about what would provide the funnest gameplay experience for me personally? The raids would be changed to be considerably harder than they are now. Or at the very least, world buffs would be disabled in raids.

I'm also not against the idea of new raiding content being released in Classic. The thing that made Classic great was its game design. There's no rule saying that we can't take the amazing game design of Classic and extend it with more content in the same vein.
Find/Create a guild with the LEAST amount of player skill/raid preparation as possible, you might get to struggle abit on raids like this, not sure.

Mulgore
User avatar
Posts: 184
Likes: 136
Tauren
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'm worried that try-hards and people taking it super-cereal are going to ruin it for new players or guys like me who are pushing 40 and just want to have a relaxing nostalgia trip, and maybe raid 8-12 months in.

I have nothing fancy to add here, but if you've never played Binary Domain, you should.
Image
Felwood
User avatar
Posts: 14
Likes: 9
Horde
Mage
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
3 months ago
Hippo_mouse_robot wrote:
3 months ago
I'd assume that they are going to complete all phases in around 3 years but I could be wrong. I really hope that the community doesn't force them to move phases up faster and faster because a few guilds are at max - that wouldn't be very cash money of them.
I have mixed feelings about the content release schedule. Having played on private and retail vanilla, Classic WoW will boast incredible player retention, but every time there is a content drought regardless if we are playing Classic or retail, a large population of players will leave. Some of these players inevitably return when the next phase arrives, but you will always lose a large portion of players permanently. The only thing worse than being behind everyone else, is being ahead with nothing to accomplish. Insert recommendation to level alts here! I think a lot of players will be surprised with how trivial the max level content is if they haven't played since retail vanilla. If we only have MC and Ony for the first 2 phases, and the 6 phases were to be spread out over 3 years (approx 6 months per phase)... This could be HORRIFIC for the health of the game. I mean, top tier guilds will likely be downing MC by week 2-3, hardcore guilds within a month and casual/pug runs will start popping up within 2 months of the first phase, yet we could be stuck with this as the ONLY content for 2 phases, for approximately 1 year duration (at your 3 year total game cycle estimate). Imagine taking 2 months (8 weeks) to get into MC and then running MC for the other 10 months (44 weeks) straight before seeing new content. A raid that can be completed with 35 players wearing sub-optimal gear will be farmed by raid geared players for months and months and months and mo...

Blizzard have already said they are going to decide the release schedule of phases as they go, but I hope they lean towards additional content to appease the top end players rather than stifling progress and halting the game to appease the bottom end of the playerbase. Granted, I am hoping for a much slower content release cycle than we have seen on private. My desired release would probably be 1.5-2 years total with a very short phase 1 and an extended phase 5 for the AQ war effort with the game finally ending in phase 6 with no foreseeable reset (players could take as long as they needed to finish the game).
I see where you're coming from here regarding the long periods between, however I disagree. The 40 man raids in classic didn't fully gear the raid team in a couple of weeks. The RNG made it so that you'd need to run it every week for months to get most/all of your raiders in a full tier set. Will the hardcore guilds get to the content ASAP? You can bet on it. But it's not like modern WoW where they can all be geared in a short time. Only RNGesus can decide how fast they get gear from the content.

Hunter Marksman
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 982
Likes: 638
Alliance
Hunter
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Sporks wrote:
2 months ago
I see where you're coming from here regarding the long periods between, however I disagree. The 40 man raids in classic didn't fully gear the raid team in a couple of weeks. The RNG made it so that you'd need to run it every week for months to get most/all of your raiders in a full tier set. Will the hardcore guilds get to the content ASAP? You can bet on it. But it's not like modern WoW where they can all be geared in a short time. Only RNGesus can decide how fast they get gear from the content.
Having raided this content many many many times. Guilds will be completing the majority of their core raiders sets fairly quickly. Your core team (depending on your comp) should be reaching their full gearing potential in a few short months. This is especially true for tier 1, where many specs wont even be opting to use their raid sets as some of their pre BiS pieces outvalue them. This isnt just the top tier teams either.

Will you still need that 1 piece? Of course. This typically isnt compelling gameplay for raiders though.

Tirisfal Glades
User avatar
Posts: 196
Likes: 234
Undead
Mage
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

1. How am I going to keep from getting fired. This is pretty much my only concern I have not discussed on this forum.

Our time will come.
Winterspring
User avatar
EU Zandalar Tribe
Posts: 78
Likes: 54
Dwarf
Priest
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Lendryn wrote:
3 months ago
Re: "Streamers will ruin the servers"
https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/com ... that_will/

Going by his replies in the comments OP is not joking. They really want to counter streaming by setting up a cross-faction totalitarian regime. Even if their addon gets the hammer from Blizzard having this many sadists on one server would be bad news.
think of it this way, streamers and well minded players alike will use their announcement to steer away from their toxic petty server
Image


i honestly don't see whats the huge downside of a streamer on my server, if anything, it makes it more alive as it'll draw more players for that streamer to play with !
and honestly the unexpected, random, spontaneous activities that some streamers come up with that engage random players is great tbh. like the duskwood wpvp raid between horde/ally .
i don't see what's the big problem with that ?!.

Hunter Survival
User avatar
US Stalagg
Posts: 238
Likes: 189
Tauren
Warrior
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

zutch wrote:
2 months ago
i honestly don't see whats the huge downside of a streamer on my server, if anything, it makes it more alive as it'll draw more players for that streamer to play with !
While they're playing yes, and once the streamer leaves it becomes a ghost town. It happened with Swifty back in the day and you can be sure it'll happen again with MMO tourists like Shroud and Forsen. It's a major source of population instability both short and long term and its definitely part of the reason layering has reared its ugly head.

All that said I really appreciate what some of them do for the vanilla community and have a few active subs.

Similar topics
to 'What's your biggest undiscussed worry about Classic still?'
Posts ViewsLast post