The Barrens
User avatar
donator Posts: 47
Likes: 19
Orc
Warrior
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hyland wrote:
5 months ago
Derek wrote:
5 months ago
How does those addons interfere with your goal? I would think the opposite if I haven't missed anything.
Because it's literally kill the only satisfaction of this goal. You always know what to do and where to go and exploration isn't needed.
Fair enough.

Tirisfal Glades
User avatar
donator Posts: 16
Likes: 3
Undead
Warrior
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hyland wrote:
5 months ago
Derek wrote:
5 months ago
How does those addons interfere with your goal? I would think the opposite if I haven't missed anything.
Because it's literally kill the only satisfaction of this goal. You always know what to do and where to go and exploration isn't needed.
What i would like the Blizz to do is, disable the AddOns like Questie or whatever that points you to where you need go and stuff at launch, maybe after a month or two they can enable it. Yes it is nice to soak up all the quests and lore in (which i did in vanilla) but after your first "playthrough" leveling an alt is much better with those said AddOns.

Don't get me wrong, im not disagreeing with you. I think everyone should experience those good old times at least once.

Image
Warrior Protection
User avatar
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1320
Likes: 2533
Orc
Warrior
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

FrostSTeeL wrote:
5 months ago
What i would like the Blizz to do is, disable the AddOns like Questie or whatever that points you to where you need go and stuff at launch, maybe after a month or two they can enable it.
Thing is - with Questie specifically, it allows you to turn off features you don't want. So the people who want that experience can have it even if they have Questie installed.

Tirisfal Glades
User avatar
donator Posts: 16
Likes: 3
Undead
Warrior
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
5 months ago
FrostSTeeL wrote:
5 months ago
What i would like the Blizz to do is, disable the AddOns like Questie or whatever that points you to where you need go and stuff at launch, maybe after a month or two they can enable it.
Thing is - with Questie specifically, it allows you to turn off features you don't want. So the people who want that experience can have it even if they have Questie installed.
Yes but, if it is there, people will use it :) And thats ok, i don't mind people using a questing AddOn, i was just saying that the enjoyment they will get out of the leveling experience will decrease.

Then again, some people might find being pointed to where they need to go and do much more fun, Im ok either way as long as AddOns like LFG or Dungeon.io don't exist. Questing AddOns are affecting only the users, but the other AddOns are affecting the whole community.

   teebling
Image
Feralas
User avatar
donator Posts: 22
Likes: 7
Gnome
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

FrostSTeeL wrote:
5 months ago

What i would like the Blizz to do is, disable the AddOns like Questie or whatever that points you to where you need go and stuff at launch, maybe after a month or two they can enable it. Yes it is nice to soak up all the quests and lore in (which i did in vanilla) but after your first "playthrough" leveling an alt is much better with those said AddOns.

Don't get me wrong, im not disagreeing with you. I think everyone should experience those good old times at least once.
It's pointless, people just will spend all time alt-tabing to WoWHead.

Tirisfal Glades
User avatar
donator Posts: 16
Likes: 3
Undead
Warrior
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hyland wrote:
5 months ago
FrostSTeeL wrote:
5 months ago

What i would like the Blizz to do is, disable the AddOns like Questie or whatever that points you to where you need go and stuff at launch, maybe after a month or two they can enable it. Yes it is nice to soak up all the quests and lore in (which i did in vanilla) but after your first "playthrough" leveling an alt is much better with those said AddOns.

Don't get me wrong, im not disagreeing with you. I think everyone should experience those good old times at least once.
It's pointless, people just will spend all time alt-tabing to WoWHead.
Well, wasn't that the Vanilla experience? :biggrin:

Image
Warrior Protection
User avatar
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1320
Likes: 2533
Orc
Warrior
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

FrostSTeeL wrote:
5 months ago
Hyland wrote:
5 months ago
FrostSTeeL wrote:
5 months ago

What i would like the Blizz to do is, disable the AddOns like Questie or whatever that points you to where you need go and stuff at launch, maybe after a month or two they can enable it. Yes it is nice to soak up all the quests and lore in (which i did in vanilla) but after your first "playthrough" leveling an alt is much better with those said AddOns.

Don't get me wrong, im not disagreeing with you. I think everyone should experience those good old times at least once.
It's pointless, people just will spend all time alt-tabing to WoWHead.
Well, wasn't that the Vanilla experience? :biggrin:
Thotbot :smile:

I like your signature banner Frost!

Tirisfal Glades
User avatar
donator Posts: 16
Likes: 3
Undead
Warrior
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
5 months ago
FrostSTeeL wrote:
5 months ago
Hyland wrote:
5 months ago
FrostSTeeL wrote:
5 months ago

What i would like the Blizz to do is, disable the AddOns like Questie or whatever that points you to where you need go and stuff at launch, maybe after a month or two they can enable it. Yes it is nice to soak up all the quests and lore in (which i did in vanilla) but after your first "playthrough" leveling an alt is much better with those said AddOns.

Don't get me wrong, im not disagreeing with you. I think everyone should experience those good old times at least once.
It's pointless, people just will spend all time alt-tabing to WoWHead.
Well, wasn't that the Vanilla experience? :biggrin:
Thotbot :smile:

I like your signature banner Frost!
Thanks! I got inspired by a certain creative individual :wink:

Image
The Barrens
User avatar
donator Posts: 47
Likes: 19
Orc
Warrior
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

FrostSTeeL wrote:
5 months ago
teebling wrote:
5 months ago
FrostSTeeL wrote:
5 months ago
What i would like the Blizz to do is, disable the AddOns like Questie or whatever that points you to where you need go and stuff at launch, maybe after a month or two they can enable it.
Thing is - with Questie specifically, it allows you to turn off features you don't want. So the people who want that experience can have it even if they have Questie installed.
Yes but, if it is there, people will use it :) And thats ok, i don't mind people using a questing AddOn, i was just saying that the enjoyment they will get out of the leveling experience will decrease.

Then again, some people might find being pointed to where they need to go and do much more fun, Im ok either way as long as AddOns like LFG or Dungeon.io don't exist. Questing AddOns are affecting only the users, but the other AddOns are affecting the whole community.
Yeah, I think people should be able to do whatever they want to do - as long as it's not breaking the game for other players. An RPG is about your own choices either way, right? :biggrin:

User avatar
donator Posts: 21
Likes: 7
Orc
Hunter
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Just curious, is there any information on how we can contribute to helping make add-ons work? I used to love tinkering with all my homebrew macros back in Vanilla, I'd be curious to get into some more of the actual add-on development now that I have a bit more experience with scripting.

Alterac Valley
User avatar
donator Posts: 281
Likes: 104
Human
Paladin
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

rageplant wrote:
5 months ago
Just curious, is there any information on how we can contribute to helping make add-ons work? I used to love tinkering with all my homebrew macros back in Vanilla, I'd be curious to get into some more of the actual add-on development now that I have a bit more experience with scripting.
Here is a general guide:
https://de.wowhead.com/guide=1949/wow-a ... irst-addon

My Classic Chars:
Manofwar
Kampfzwerg
Mojo
Winterspring
User avatar
US Old Blanchy
donator Posts: 28
Likes: 25
Dwarf
Priest
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

All,

I've been following some posts about Addons, and used the stress test as an opportunity to test some out. I was met with a HUGE pile of LUA errors for Addons that were supposedly "ready for classic"

What addons are you folks in the full beta using, and where are you getting them from?

Thanks!

The Barrens
User avatar
donator Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Troll
Hunter
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

FrostSTeeL wrote:
5 months ago
What i would like the Blizz to do is, disable the AddOns like Questie or whatever that points you to where you need go and stuff at launch, maybe after a month or two they can enable it.
I disagree completely. Who are you to say how people should play? Blizzard should not be moderating Addons unless they are breaking the TOS. End of story. If you don't like an addon, don't use it.

Rogue Assassination
User avatar
donator Posts: 114
Likes: 52
Horde
Warlock
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Eased wrote:
5 months ago
I disagree completely. Who are you to say how people should play? Blizzard should not be moderating Addons unless they are breaking the TOS. End of story. If you don't like an addon, don't use it.
And now you're telling someone else how they should play.

Some AddOns go too far and completely ruin the way the game should feel - AddOns such as DBM, Raider.io, OmniBar etc. It's up to Blizzard to protect their IP and decide what is healthy for it, I'd wager these are not. It's just unfortunate that Blizzard cares for the casual$ coming in rather than giving people an enjoyable experience.

   Stfuppercut
The Barrens
User avatar
donator Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Troll
Hunter
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Raven wrote:
5 months ago
And now you're telling someone else how they should play.
Way to read into something that's not there. There is a difference between forcing other people to not use certain addons and choosing not to use them.

Who would be the WoW Addon Police, you? Blizzard would not go down the road of having to pre-approve and moderate addons. If people want to use addons, let them. If people don't want to use addons, let them. Who cares. But don't decide for them.

Rogue Assassination
User avatar
donator Posts: 114
Likes: 52
Horde
Warlock
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Eased wrote:
5 months ago
Who would be the WoW Addon Police, you? Blizzard

Druid Feral
User avatar
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 940
Likes: 734
Tauren
Druid
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Blizzard wont monitor individual addons, but if they see that part of the API is allowing addons to automate too much of the game, I would say they would alter/lockdown parts of the API to restrict addon functionality. They wouldn't want to approve or micromanage the addons at al..

ImageImage Lvl 59
ImageImage Lvl 35
Rogue Assassination
User avatar
donator Posts: 114
Likes: 52
Horde
Warlock
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Selexin wrote:
5 months ago
Blizzard wont monitor individual addons, but if they see that part of the API is allowing addons to automate too much of the game, I would say they would alter/lockdown parts of the API to restrict addon functionality. They wouldn't want to approve or micromanage the addons at al..
The problem is the most unhealthy addons are simple information addons.

Boss ability timers, telling you what they do, what you should do etc. It completely ruins the game, you don't play yourself anymore you just do what the big warning tells you to do.

And the worst part is there's absolutely no reason NOT to take the addon.

Unhealthy.

User avatar
donator Posts: 26
Likes: 7
Orc
Warrior
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hey everyone,
I was wondering if there is any information about what addons are going to be usable during wow classic. I can't even remotely remember what I used back in the day, but I know I used a decent number. I remember one that added whether/what quest an item was used in to the tooltip for all items in your inventory.

Blasted Lands
User avatar
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 199
Likes: 122
Human
Warlock
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread
   Aegust
EU - Firemaw
Alliance Warlock
Winterspring
User avatar
EU Zandalar Tribe
donator Posts: 80
Likes: 54
Dwarf
Priest
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

really need cartographer-like addon, how is there no alternative ?!

Priest Discipline
User avatar
donator Posts: 32
Likes: 5
Horde
Priest
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Addons that work well for me: Details, Dominos, Immersion, OmniCC, OneBag3, Titan, zPerl, TomTom, VendorPrice, WeaponSwingTimer, WhatsTraining, Questie (though I disable almost everything).

Has anyone found a working threat meter addon? I've tried Details, vanilla Omen and vanilla KLH Threat meter, but none of them work.

I'm also looking for a way to move the quest tracker.

Westfall
User avatar
US Pagle
donator Posts: 79
Likes: 74
Dwarf
Priest
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Threat Meters have a lot of background stuff that needs to be worked on exclusive to classic. I wouldn't expect one until after launch.

Warrior Fury
User avatar
EU Golemagg
donator Posts: 113
Likes: 33
Human
Warrior
3 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hyland wrote:
5 months ago
Derek wrote:
5 months ago
How does those addons interfere with your goal? I would think the opposite if I haven't missed anything.
Because it's literally kill the only satisfaction of this goal. You always know what to do and where to go and exploration isn't needed.
This. Was always playing and reading all those quest-stories, the feeling of finding the answer on your quest is super good. More of that i like like to read lore about my race and class.

Rogue Assassination
User avatar
donator Posts: 114
Likes: 52
Horde
Warlock
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Eased wrote:
5 months ago
Raven wrote:
5 months ago
And now you're telling someone else how they should play.
Way to read into something that's not there. There is a difference between forcing other people to not use certain addons and choosing not to use them.

Who would be the WoW Addon Police, you? Blizzard would not go down the road of having to pre-approve and moderate addons. If people want to use addons, let them. If people don't want to use addons, let them. Who cares. But don't decide for them.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t ... er-illidan

Similar topics
to 'Addons currently working in beta'
Posts ViewsLast post