Warrior Arms
User avatar
Guild:

Legacy Waiting Room


Bnet:

Lazytitan441


Posts: 26
Likes: 7
Human Warrior 26 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

What do you guys think of having a totally separate official classic forums where we get to use our classic characters to post?

Image
No original unarmored epic mounts :cry:
Warsong Gulch
User avatar
Guild:

Tephra


Posts: 34
Likes: 38
Undead Rogue 34 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Whats wrong about this forum? Do you need anything more/different?

Image
Hillsbrad Foothills
User avatar
Posts: 96
Likes: 83
Human Paladin 96 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I like Barrens Chat

   neofrag Altoholic Syturio Gallow Escalotes Ulthric Aww
Image
Elwynn Forest
User avatar
Bnet:

J0smann#1807


Posts: 132
Likes: 88
132 posts
Alliance
Paladin
Alliance Paladin 132 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Barrens Chat forever.

   Altoholic Syturio Escalotes
Druid Feral
User avatar
Guild:

LFG


Bnet:

Selexin#1725


Posts: 618
Likes: 392
525 posts
Tauren
Druid
Tauren Druid 525 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

If they add an API that teebs can tap into, he could integrate it into the forum settings. Probably have an option to link our account to our character for avatar and level and realm etc.

ImageImage
Paladin Retribution
User avatar
Posts: 8
Likes: 4
Alliance Paladin 8 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I believe Ion said in a recent interview they will have their own forums, along with realm sections and class sections.

   Altoholic
Paladin Holy
User avatar
Posts: 4
Likes: 1
Alliance Paladin 4 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

This is the only forum we need!

But bringing back the old official forums will also be nice :) I think unofficial forums normally have the better community though.

   Altoholic
Alterac Valley
User avatar
Posts: 267
Likes: 98
Human Paladin 266 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

the official forums were always bad and only good to see who are the crybabys on your server. Only the class forums were sometimes good

   Altoholic
My Classic Chars:
Manofwar
Kampfzwerg
Mojo
Winterspring
User avatar
Guild:

Senile Chieftains


Bnet:

s1atan#2841


Posts: 202
Likes: 144
Horde 202 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I am not masochistic enough to spend time on official forums. Fan forums is where it all happens! :)

   Altoholic
Image
Warrior Protection
User avatar
Discord:

teebling#5444


Bnet:

Teeb#2674


Posts: 1067
Likes: 1861
Orc Warrior 525 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Altoholic wrote:
2 months ago
What do you guys think of having a totally separate official classic forums where we get to use our classic characters to post?
Image
Brevanik wrote:
2 months ago
I believe Ion said in a recent interview they will have their own forums, along with realm sections and class sections.
Source? Never heard this before.

   Evocati Altoholic s1atan Selexin Escalotes Reimu pan0phobik fendor
Admin • Bug reportsAvatar requests
Image
There is nothing like watching a dead rogue not releasing his ghost so he can watch me slowly bleeding out, only to pop stoneform and teabag him with my rocky balls. Samarener the Dwarf, 2019.
Alterac Valley
User avatar
Posts: 267
Likes: 98
Human Paladin 266 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
2 months ago
Brevanik wrote: ↑5 hours ago
I believe Ion said in a recent interview they will have their own forums, along with realm sections and class sections.
Source? Never heard this before.


Think that is the only metion of it.

   teebling Altoholic
My Classic Chars:
Manofwar
Kampfzwerg
Mojo
Warrior Arms
User avatar
Guild:

Legacy Waiting Room


Bnet:

Lazytitan441


Posts: 26
Likes: 7
Human Warrior 26 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

neofrag wrote:
2 months ago
Whats wrong about this forum? Do you need anything more/different?
I was just wondering about official

Image
No original unarmored epic mounts :cry:
Undercity
User avatar
Bnet:

Syturio#2552


Posts: 182
Likes: 130
182 posts
Alliance
Alliance 182 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Blizzard has no passion, neither cares about the community (specially with Classic).
If they ever make a forum for us, it will be the same static dull booring-looking forum with no "community feeling" like their BFA counterpart.

SpoilerShow
Image
And lets not talk about their SJW cencorship... it's so out of hand that if you try to post a pepe meme picture you get called a Nazi and perma banned. No thanks.

Fan-made all the way.

   Altoholic
ModeratorPrivate Message
Image
Hillsbrad Foothills
User avatar
Posts: 96
Likes: 83
Human Paladin 96 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Syturio wrote:
2 months ago
Blizzard has no passion, neither cares about the community (specially with Classic).

I'm confused as to why you think Classic is worth any of your time or money if Blizzard has no passion and doesn't care about the Classic WoW community.

   Samaraner
Image
Warrior Protection
User avatar
Discord:

teebling#5444


Bnet:

Teeb#2674


Posts: 1067
Likes: 1861
Orc Warrior 525 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

rijndael wrote:
1 month ago
Syturio wrote:
2 months ago
Blizzard has no passion, neither cares about the community (specially with Classic).

I'm confused as to why you think Classic is worth any of your time or money if Blizzard has no passion and doesn't care about the Classic WoW community.
I think Syturio is referring to the forum features specifically. Classic is another thing though and if they bring back the old forums they could prove quite to be popular.

   Altoholic
Admin • Bug reportsAvatar requests
Image
There is nothing like watching a dead rogue not releasing his ghost so he can watch me slowly bleeding out, only to pop stoneform and teabag him with my rocky balls. Samarener the Dwarf, 2019.
Loch modan
User avatar
Posts: 109
Likes: 59
108 posts
Dwarf
Warrior
Dwarf Warrior 108 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I dont know where the blizzard hate comes from. Any officially moderated platform will almost always be worse than something fanmade as the former has to be inclusive. If a complete dickhead comes around we can call him a turd and thats it. If you do that on an official platform its you who is fucked. Because even if the mods see and think that you are right, they cant say it. They have to cater to the turd, whether they like it or not.
It is not Blizzards fault. Its the age of the hypersensitive and of victimization, where being right or wrong is a mere banality compared to calling dips on being oppressed. And I am not talking about any specific political or social group, before you get any wrong ideas. It is an omnipresent phenomenon.

Sorry for turning this into a rant, this wasnt my intention.

   Stfuppercut
Hillsbrad Foothills
User avatar
Posts: 96
Likes: 83
Human Paladin 96 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
1 month ago
I think Syturio is referring to the forum features specifically. Classic is another thing though and if they bring back the old forums they could prove quite to be popular.
I agree with that part - the official classic forums are rarely worth visiting. His comment gave me the impression that his complaint was more overarching.

Image
Hillsbrad Foothills
User avatar
Posts: 96
Likes: 83
Human Paladin 96 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Samaraner wrote:
1 month ago
I dont know where the blizzard hate comes from. Any officially moderated platform will almost always be worse than something fanmade as the former has to be inclusive. If a complete dickhead comes around we can call him a turd and thats it. If you do that on an official platform its you who is fucked. Because even if the mods see and think that you are right, they cant say it. They have to cater to the turd, whether they like it or not.
It is not Blizzards fault. Its the age of the hypersensitive and of victimization, where being right or wrong is a mere banality compared to calling dips on being oppressed. And I am not talking about any specific political or social group, before you get any wrong ideas. It is an omnipresent phenomenon.

Sorry for turning this into a rant, this wasnt my intention.
Yeah, I think this is accurate. To be honest, we need the official forums for the health of the community. The whiners and the trolls gravitate to it, and it helps keep them off fan communities like Barrens Chat. Imagine if Blizzard closed down their forums? Many of the whiners and trolls would try to find other outlets. It might start with Reddit @ r/classicwow, and from there they may even find a link to this site. The horror!

Image
Druid Feral
User avatar
Guild:

LFG


Bnet:

Selexin#1725


Posts: 618
Likes: 392
525 posts
Tauren
Druid
Tauren Druid 525 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

rijndael wrote:
1 month ago
they may even find a link to this site. The horror!
Say it isn't true @rijndael!! :sad:

ImageImage
User avatar
Posts: 30
Likes: 31
30 posts
Troll
Hunter
Troll Hunter 30 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Barrens Chat will be hub of classic community hopefully. blizz forums suck ass

   Vyakavish Selexin pan0phobik
Undercity
User avatar
Posts: 25
Likes: 21
Undead Mage 25 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

If the Official Classic Forums are anything at all like the current Classic Discussion forums they have going, I don't want anything to do with it. It sucks. Lifeless, toxic as hell, and honestly the aesthetic just sucks donkey dick. I quite like Barrens Chat, and I plan to keep using this forum and hope it grows in popularity over here.

   Selexin
Image Image
Image
The Barrens
User avatar
Posts: 47
Likes: 17
47 posts
Orc
Warrior
Orc Warrior 47 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I agree with previous posters. This forum is also much easier to register and login at - don't have to connect with your Bnet and whatnot. I hate that you need to link all accounts with everything nowadays, it's good to have a pure nick/mail-register.

   teebling
Alterac Valley
User avatar
Posts: 267
Likes: 98
Human Paladin 266 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

The thing is the Official forums were always a hub for the crybabies and the toxic one. The only sub Forums imo are the class one (some of the best guides were written there) and the Server Forums (some had a TS server or a own Site).

My Classic Chars:
Manofwar
Kampfzwerg
Mojo
Arathi Basin
User avatar
Guild:

GRIND


Posts: 254
Likes: 105
Undead Priest 254 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Own pages for an entire server were always really good, but unfortunately there were not many. One simply saw that there was also a solidarity in the community at that time.

Undead Priest @ <GRIND>
Twitch Channel, feel free to take a look :)!
Mulgore
User avatar
Discord:

gabryatfendor#3887


Bnet:

Fendor#21275


Posts: 135
Likes: 112
134 posts
Tauren
Shaman
Tauren Shaman 134 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Let's them have a new forum for Classic, while the real chads can continue posting here :D Honestly I don't need another forum when this one is so well done AND has a lot of useful resourcers... and moreover, can you level in the wow forum? I think not :-)

Ish-ne-alo por-ah (May the days ahead be guided by the elders of long ago)
ImageImage
Similar topics
to 'Separate Official Classic Forum website'
Posts ViewsLast post