Guild:

Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats

Discord:

2rG8RZm

Undead Warrior 184 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

No days off for me, so about 2hrs during week days and maybe around 6 hrs during weekend.
No need to ruin my life yet another time with WoW, I already did that and was fun when I was 15. Not when I'm 30. (Oh shit I'll be 31 when Classic launches)

Selexin
Image <Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats>
Arugal (Oceanic/PvP/Horde)
Just a bunch of players who simply want to help others, kick back and enjoy ourselves. We have one goal; helping out any adventurers we come across. If this intrests you, check the links below for more info! We provide the https://classic.wowhead.com/item=9061/g ... ocket-fuel
Guild Info ~ Stories ~ Discord
Westfall
Discord:

Sojiro84#0475

Bnet:

Sojiro84#2388

Alliance Hunter 42 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I managed to get a week off from work (I am a system admin).

I will walk my night elf hunter to stormwind. Learn the fishing profession and level that up first in the first hour or two.

After that I hope the starter zones are a bit less crowded and I will start leveling at a relaxing pace.

I will read all the quests this time and also level my professions at the same time.

I only plan on leveling one character and since we know where the game ends, I am in no rush.

Felwood
Horde Mage 14 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I work from home and am debating if I should take launch night off. Even with a solid beta period, I'm guessing we'll still have queues and crashes that first night or two.

On the one hand taking the night off lets me focus purely on the game but I burn a PTO day. On the other hand, I could not take the night off and if it's quiet (I work in IT, some nights are busy, others are dead) I can game while I work, but at a more causal pace. This wouldn't require me to burn a PTO day.

Decisions, decisions.

Selexin cburmeister
Redridge Mountains
Alliance Mage 23 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

My school year starts 8 days after it launchs so I will play way to much until school starts and then play an actual reasonable amount so I hope that I get to at least level 40 to get my mount and be ahead of the pack

Alterac Valley
Guild:

Asylum

Discord:

tom#8446

6 posts
Alliance
Warlock
Alliance Warlock 6 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I've got about 3 weeks til school starts, so I'm planning to play with some of my guild members on release.

Warlock Affliction
268 posts
Horde
Warlock
Horde Warlock 268 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Relik wrote:
3 months ago
I'll be working so probably just gonna wait for the weekend after launch, grab a few cold beers and play until the missus cracks the whip.

I've waited years for this so what's the point in rushing. :lol:
Amen. :mrgreen:

This will mostly be me lol
I dont want to take days off, trying to save my PTO for a Caribbean Cruise in December!
To me there is no point to rush, I already did it all when it was current, and when I started WOW people were already level 60 already had Molten Core gear. I mean yeah, I would inspect people and be super jealous but It didnt affect me because i know I would eventually get the gear and had something to strive for.

Plus I want to take it slow to enjoy the leveling, read the quest and just explore because after 15 years to me will feel new to me!
I never really read the quest besides the texts that says go northeast past the "BLANK" cave or thottbot it, so want to really do it right this time around.

| Nýxt - Affliction Warlock | Stalagg PVP |
Searing Gorge
Bnet:

bluetickk#1119

Horde Priest 27 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Sporks wrote:
2 months ago
I work from home and am debating if I should take launch night off. Even with a solid beta period, I'm guessing we'll still have queues and crashes that first night or two.

On the one hand taking the night off lets me focus purely on the game but I burn a PTO day. On the other hand, I could not take the night off and if it's quiet (I work in IT, some nights are busy, others are dead) I can game while I work, but at a more causal pace. This wouldn't require me to burn a PTO day.

Decisions, decisions.
Same boat here... worried about how unproductive it might be the night of the launch to try and 1-10.

Larry the Undead Priest @ Fairbanks
Orc Warrior 9 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Sadly, for me, there will be no time off. I'm a chemistry teacher, and school starts back on August 15th. I will be playing as much as possible, but won't be power-leveling. I'm also older than most here... I just dinged 51. :cool:

I've also decided that I WILL NOT be leveling a warrior first, though that IS my current main and has been since just before The Burning Crusade. The survivability solo is HARSH!! (Do NOT ask me how the Brutal Armor quest went... UGH!) Mage will be my main, and I will be starting as an undead for two reasons: 1. cannibalize is HAWT! 2. Killing humanoids MULTIPLE times gives much more money to start with, and you NEED money. (Also, the bag drop rate over there seems to be higher... *shrugs*

So.. yeah.

LFG!

~Beo
Druid Balance
Horde Druid 52 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Got vacation starting 12/8 and start working again 9/9 , but that's because we are having a baby and wanted some time with mini me. But when the lil devil will sleep I guess I can spend those hours for some gaming unless the misses want my attention.

Plan is to just slowroll this time around. Will probably only get 10hr a week incl weekends once I'm back at work.

Edit: All other expansions from and including Wotlk I've taken my vacation days with the soul purpose to play as much as possible. This time around I had already sent in the request before they announced the release. Good timing I suppose.

Thunder Bluff
Horde Druid 18 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I won't be around until September 9th so from launch until then I'll be on reddit and here and hopefully get some grasp of which server I will roll.

Thunder Bluff
Tauren Warrior 15 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I had to plan my vacation back in 2018. So I had to guess when Classic would be released. Basically I guessed really good, my first day off work starts on 31th July and ends 2 weeks later...

I am totally pissed because I can't change that. But my employer hasn't done his homework! I'll take one or maybe two weeks off again with the reason that I'll be ill or something like that (I've got a good doctor for thinks like that =)).
I had to plan some things to get the maximum time I can afford in these days. So I talked to my girlfriend and made a clear statement what WoW Classic meant to me back in the days. She understood that and wishes me the best time :D

And then the day before Classic releases I'll buy me some new hookah tobacco, enough charcoals, some special green plant, one bottle of red wine and enough healthy food (maybe prep) and water.

Man I am so hyped *__*

61 posts
Horde
Horde 61 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I initially read this as "Your plans for lunch?"

Now I'm hungry... thanks jerkface!

Orc Hunter 17 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Originally I was going to take off around the launch, but I'm thinking I might do the week after labor day just to try and let things settle down. I would hate to take the day after launch off and find that they have tons of server issues. I certainly dont think its unbelievable that there might be server issues the first few days. Hopefully by the week of labor day the starter zones will have calmed down enough so I can push through the early levels.

Selexin
Badlands
Horde Shaman 87 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I will be removing myself from IRL 100% for a week, 18hrs sessions with 4hours sleep.(I have a ton of excuses lined up i've been working on to tell people). Gonna be trying to get Server First 60 through Dungeon Zerging with friends of mine. Afterwards, try and get World First shaman tanked pre-raid dungeons.

Selexin
Image  Image  Image
Druid Feral
Tauren Druid 118 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Caperfin wrote:
2 months ago
I will be removing myself from IRL 100% for a week, 18hrs sessions with 4hours sleep.(I have a ton of excuses lined up i've been working on to tell people). Gonna be trying to get Server First 60 through Dungeon Zerging with friends of mine. Afterwards, try and get World First shaman tanked pre-raid dungeons.
I guess somebody is off his very much needed medication.

Selexin Isomena
Warsong Gulch
Discord:

MeatLumps#2742

Bnet:

MeatLumps#11603

Troll Rogue 84 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Now that we are getting closer, I've actually decided to put some thought into it. I'm definitely going to take off Aug 27th to Sep 3rd. Even if the servers are down or the queues are incredibly long, I want to be there on Day 1 to experience it.

I'm not necessarily planning on 'no-lifeing' the first week, (don't get me wrong, I'll be playing a ton) but not having to go into work means I can just relax and enjoy my time. If I feel like playing, I can play. If I have other stuff to do, I have time to do that as well. For me, it's not about how much I get to play, but enjoying the game and not having to think about any of the crap that goes on at work.

ImageImage
Winterspring
Guild:

Senile Chieftains

Bnet:

s1atan#2841

Horde 262 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Im planning to level up 4 classes somewhat simultaneously. But first days i will just level what i can (something like 15 levels on each), after that i will wait for a week (got vacation planned) and then level up with rested bonus.

Arathi Basin
Guild:

GRIND

Undead Priest 309 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

New plan:
Hit 60 before 03.09(dream is 01.09) lel.

Undead Priest @ <GRIND>
Twitch Channel, feel free to take a look :)!
Warsong Gulch
Discord:

MeatLumps#2742

Bnet:

MeatLumps#11603

Troll Rogue 84 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

aeh wrote:
2 months ago
New plan:
Being in a guild called <GRIND>, I imagine you can do it!

aeh
ImageImage
Arathi Basin
Guild:

GRIND

Undead Priest 309 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

MeatLumps wrote:
2 months ago
aeh wrote:
2 months ago
New plan:
Being in a guild called <GRIND>, I imagine you can do it!
Hehe :)
Maybe, maybe!

Im looking forward to be pre Bis in about 2 weeks after Launch. That would be cool somehow.

MeatLumps
Undead Priest @ <GRIND>
10 posts
Horde
Mage
Horde Mage 10 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

No plans whatsoever. Just going to lay back without strategy and just enjoy this master piece of an MMORPG.

Selexin
Hunter Marksman
Orc Hunter 525 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

aeh wrote:
2 months ago
Im looking forward to be pre Bis in about 2 weeks after Launch. That would be cool somehow.
Very achievable.

Arathi Basin
Guild:

GRIND

Undead Priest 309 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Stfuppercut wrote:
2 months ago
aeh wrote:
2 months ago
Very achievable.
That's what I think, after the 2 weeks I only want to farm a little Mats/Pots and raid. And if necessary I want to raise the professions.
And sooner or later there will be a Level 20 Warlock Twink for Azshara and a 60 Hunter to farm.

Undead Priest @ <GRIND>
Mulgore
12 posts
Troll
Hunter
Troll Hunter 12 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Pretty sure the starting zones will be overcrowded. So the very first plan is to get into group of 5 and try tag some boars to get some exp and maybe even done some quest objective :lol:
I believe the journey will start after hitting level 7-8. Before that it will feel like mob extermination with lags and disconnects.

Hunter Marksman
Orc Hunter 525 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

aeh wrote:
2 months ago
That's what I think, after the 2 weeks I only want to farm a little Mats/Pots and raid. And if necessary I want to raise the professions.
And sooner or later there will be a Level 20 Warlock Twink for Azshara and a 60 Hunter to farm.
I used to do the alt 60 for farming but I have found creating several level 35 characters with max proffs is actually A LOT more efficient. I forget where I saw the numbers, but someone broke down the average time to get a hunter to 60 and then the amount of time that you would need to farm with that character to bring your time spent back into the positive overall (instead of just farming on your main, despite it being suboptimal)? I'll try to find it and link it if I can. Either way, leveling several 35s and selling your cooldowns is the way to go for a constant flow of cash with minimal time investment. Pretty easy to juggle these toons on rest and level em up fast. Once they are 35, no more farming for you. Simply log in and click on the cooldown and then logout.