Posts: 36
Likes: 8
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

centurion wrote:
5 months ago
I'm not sure how much you've played or what class, but when I was watching some livestream the mana regen looked reallyy fast and the streamer mentioned it a few times. He was playing an undead priest and he probably only drank like 2 or 3 times from 1 - 10 even though he constantly used it all. It also looked easier to kill mobs than I've experienced in private servers, but then again some others especially rogues seemed to be cutting it pretty close at lower levels. I've never played priest in a vanilla setting so idk how easy or hard it is to fight with them, but that mana regen looked too fast.
I understand you are scared these are not "vanilla" values but blizzard actually has a 1.12 REAL server running which they check for things. Your streamer is false and you are getting scared for nothing. As a poster said above mana regen at start levels in 1.12 is high. And it is arguably similar to 1.12 private servers even, your streamer is spreading false info.

Arathi Basin
User avatar
US Grobbulus
Posts: 38
Likes: 27
Human
Paladin
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
5 months ago
Nayami wrote:
5 months ago
Hey Teebs, grats on beta! One thing I would like you to take a look at is whether LookingForGroup is a global channel, global but restricted to main cities, or local to main cities.

Cheers!
Not sure what you mean... Durotar Localdefense was all I was seeing:

Image
Thanks for checking! What I am referencing is this (from: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Dungeon_Finder):

At the launch of the game, there was only the LookingForGroup chat channel. This channel was available in all zones, but it was not a linked global channel. This was problematic since zones of the same level range are spread out throughout the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor. At this time, many players relied on their guild, friends list, or even whisper to find groups. Otherwise, they would travel to Orgrimmar or Ironforge respectively, find a group, then travel back out to the site of the dungeon, making dungeons far away from these cities very unpopular. As a result, warlocks were also very popular at this time, as they played an important role in forming groups. Blizzard eventually added a queuing system related to the Meeting Stones in front of the instances, but it was rarely used, and was generally a failed feature. In Patch 1.9, the LookingForGroup channel became global, although it was restricted to the major cities. In Patch 1.11, the LookingForGroup channel became truly global, no longer restricted to chat in cities only.

   Cowyousaid neofrag
Tirisfal Glades
User avatar
Posts: 223
Likes: 124
Undead
Rogue
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Isomena wrote:
5 months ago
centurion wrote:
5 months ago
I'm not sure how much you've played or what class, but when I was watching some livestream the mana regen looked reallyy fast and the streamer mentioned it a few times. He was playing an undead priest and he probably only drank like 2 or 3 times from 1 - 10 even though he constantly used it all. It also looked easier to kill mobs than I've experienced in private servers, but then again some others especially rogues seemed to be cutting it pretty close at lower levels. I've never played priest in a vanilla setting so idk how easy or hard it is to fight with them, but that mana regen looked too fast.
I understand you are scared these are not "vanilla" values but blizzard actually has a 1.12 REAL server running which they check for things. Your streamer is false and you are getting scared for nothing. As a poster said above mana regen at start levels in 1.12 is high. And it is arguably similar to 1.12 private servers even, your streamer is spreading false info.
Well nobody is "spreading false info" or even claiming the mana regen is wrong. It's been a long time since anyone played pure vanilla. I'm just saying some people thought it seemed fasted than they remembered. But that's just it, it's all based on memory. I personally thought it was slower than that when I leveled a mage in BC, but private servers and time could've easily swayed my memory.

   Selexin
Alterac Valley
User avatar
EU Firemaw
Posts: 110
Likes: 83
Tauren
Warrior
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Congrats on getting into the beta!

While you are at checking things out: I heard there will be a option to disable improved graphic. Can you show, in some comparsion screens maybe, the graphic enhancements they made?

Silverpine Forest
User avatar
Posts: 113
Likes: 33
Orc
Hunter
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

FTHforever wrote:
5 months ago
Congrats on getting into the beta!

While you are at checking things out: I heard there will be a option to disable improved graphic. Can you show, in some comparsion screens maybe, the graphic enhancements they made?
I've already figured it out there is no enhanced graphic in beta. The only thing i've noticed is that shadows are much better and terrain is more detailed.

   FTHforever
User avatar
EU Dreadmist
Posts: 219
Likes: 258
Horde
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Small thing but can you check if you can right-click the unit frames and move them like you can in retail?

Teldrassil
User avatar
Posts: 51
Likes: 19
Night Elf
Hunter
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Oh! Gray Quest Reputation gains!
Wonder if we’re gonna be able to farm low level quests for rep. :)

Image
Williammunny
Posts:
Likes: 0
Williammunny
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Do quest addons work?

Ty

Mulgore
User avatar
Posts: 4
Likes: 3
Horde
Paladin
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Relik wrote:
5 months ago
Small thing but can you check if you can right-click the unit frames and move them like you can in retail?
Yes you can.

   Relik s1atan Cowyousaid
The Barrens
User avatar
EU Gehennas
Posts: 61
Likes: 38
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Congrats :D I'm following this thread for updates!

   teebling
Gehennas EU PvP - Horde
<FIKA>
Hillsbrad Foothills
User avatar
US Sulfuras
Posts: 312
Likes: 211
Alliance
Paladin
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Even if I got into the beta I'm not sure how useful as a tester I would be. Like others have mentioned, it's been so long since we've played Vanilla - will we remember all core aspects clearly? Are hitboxes too big? Is energy regening too quickly? Am I critting too much? These are the kinds of things that should be tested, but Blizzard are the only ones who have the data. Everyone else would largely be relying on private servers as a comparison.

Image
Warrior Protection
User avatar
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Posts: 1305
Likes: 2504
Orc
Warrior
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

erko wrote:
5 months ago
Congrats :D I'm following this thread for updates!
Nice to see you man :smile:
domtora wrote:
5 months ago
Nice, could you please make a max - mid - low graphic settings comparison in different starting zones? Thanks teebling!
I can't because I'm running the beta on a potato at the moment, sorry!

Mage Frost
User avatar
US Thunderfury
Posts: 131
Likes: 109
Alliance
Mage
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Test falling damage. Just jump off of a bunch of different height cliffs & record the results. :P

Image
|About Me| |My WoW Blog|
My battletag is: RevChris#1597
Warrior Protection
User avatar
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Posts: 1305
Likes: 2504
Orc
Warrior
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

domtora wrote:
5 months ago
I can't because I'm running the beta on a potato at the moment, sorry!
No problem, what level are you currently and did you have any disconnects? Thanks!
No disconnects, no.

Although I am trying to create a class/race combo for every possibility and it disconnects me after about the 10th character. I think this is because they must have a limit or algorithm or something that looks for repetitive actions and DCs you or whatever.

Warrior Protection
User avatar
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Posts: 1305
Likes: 2504
Orc
Warrior
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Weather effects still look great on potato graphics :smile:

Image

The game loads so fricking fast, like no matter the starter area. Must stress that I am literally on a piece of shit garbage computer right now and I get this:

Image

   neofrag Evocati Selexin Kchlangendin Cielos Cowyousaid
Warsong Gulch
User avatar
Posts: 34
Likes: 40
Undead
Rogue
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
5 months ago

The game loads so fricking fast, like no matter the starter area. Must stress that I am literally on a piece of shit garbage computer right now and I get this:
Dont worry... the fast loading will probably be gone, as soon as you add enough addons ;)

   teebling Cowyousaid
Image
Blasted Lands
User avatar
Posts: 32
Likes: 23
Horde
Druid
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

domtora wrote:
5 months ago
Would it also be possible if you could look up how many players are online at prime time for each faction(maybe after every invite wave)?
that was not possible in vanilla with the /who command. its pserver bullshit

User avatar
Posts: 5
Likes: 5
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Big gz on making it in!
If you can check without actually going through with it, can you see how much the first respec costs? Sorry if this info is already out, I haven't seen anything in regard to it yet.

   teebling
Alterac Valley
User avatar
Posts: 281
Likes: 104
Human
Paladin
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Sequoioideae wrote:
5 months ago
domtora wrote:
5 months ago
Would it also be possible if you could look up how many players are online at prime time for each faction(maybe after every invite wave)?
that was not possible in vanilla with the /who command. its pserver bullshit
but there were addon for that and even websites.

My Classic Chars:
Manofwar
Kampfzwerg
Mojo
Silverpine Forest
User avatar
Posts: 113
Likes: 33
Orc
Hunter
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
5 months ago
Weather effects still look great on potato graphics :smile:

Image

The game loads so fricking fast, like no matter the starter area. Must stress that I am literally on a piece of shit garbage computer right now and I get this:

Image
LOVE IT

Blasted Lands
User avatar
Posts: 32
Likes: 23
Horde
Druid
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

IronBrutzler wrote:
5 months ago
but there were addon for that and even websites.
not quiete. what these website did was counting how many ppl uploaded data to them through their amory-addons. every bigger website had their own fan-amory back then.


what im actually interessted in is the "map"-animation if somebody has the menu open, or the map, is that in?

Alterac Valley
User avatar
Posts: 281
Likes: 104
Human
Paladin
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Sequoioideae wrote:
5 months ago
not quiete. what these website did was counting how many ppl uploaded data to them through their amory-addons.
Nope Census was a thing back then and it tracked every guy you saw. After some time it was really accurate.

My Classic Chars:
Manofwar
Kampfzwerg
Mojo
Blasted Lands
User avatar
Posts: 32
Likes: 23
Horde
Druid
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

sometimes its like talking against a wall. back then there was no api for this. what census or warcraftrealms.com or any other website did was collecting data through their addons that player used. they did not just collect your data bull all data they could get their hands on. includind data from other players

Teldrassil
User avatar
Posts: 51
Likes: 19
Night Elf
Hunter
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@teebling Can you check the auction house? I wonder if it's organized like modern wow or the mess that it used to be in vanilla. Hahaha There were so many useless categories in vanilla.

   teebling
Image
Tirisfal Glades
User avatar
OC Arugal
Posts: 289
Likes: 322
Undead
Warrior
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@teebling

Is the "Autoloot keybind" option available? Or do we have to press shift when opening to autoloot anything (or use an addon I guess)?

   teebling
Image
<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde
Powered by https://classic.wowhead.com/item=9061/g ... ocket-fuel, our Fuel Rats go above and beyond to help out others.
Will you answer the call?
Guild Info ~ Stories ~ Discord
Similar topics
to 'I got into closed beta! What do you want me to test?'
Posts ViewsLast post