Warlock Demonology
User avatar
US Skeram
Posts: 220
Likes: 100
Horde
Warlock

As my guild builds its roster back up and we keep recruiting, I want to take opportunities to do fun things in the WORLD of warcraft that people have forgotten about over time as retail has trudged on. I want to bring back that fun in down time to contrast how focused on raiding we will be. Things like:

Taking over the Horde zeppelins as Alliance
Killing faction leaders
Random assaults on enemy faction towns, clearing all NPC's, genuinely making live harder for the other faction in that area

Anyone have suggestions for other things that are just fun to do in the world in vanilla that didn't always yield much reward aside from notoriety but were just simply fun to do? It doesn't have to always be things to fuck over the opposing faction. Those are just the examples that came to mind.

   Selexin
Warrior Protection
User avatar
Posts: 48
Likes: 13
Orc
Warrior

Stranglethorn vale or other maps open world PvP. Camping graveyards and do some bad things to make somebody hate you :grin:

Image
Warlock Demonology
User avatar
US Skeram
Posts: 220
Likes: 100
Horde
Warlock

Agreed, that general fuckery is fun but I meant something that takes more organization. I'm all about sieging STV and getting in SS/TM wars too, but I'm looking larger scale :D

Mulgore
User avatar
Posts: 184
Likes: 136
Tauren

Was leashing already a thing in 1.12? There was a server back in the day where the Horde kited all the Alliance flight masters on Kalimdor into a hut in Org. The Alliance flight system was shut down for hours.

I have nothing fancy to add here, but if you've never played Binary Domain, you should.
Image
Warlock Demonology
User avatar
US Skeram
Posts: 220
Likes: 100
Horde
Warlock

Jon Bloodspray wrote:
5 months ago
Was leashing already a thing in 1.12? There was a server back in the day where the Horde kited all the Alliance flight masters on Kalimdor into a hut in Org. The Alliance flight system was shut down for hours.
What's leashing? Also that sounds like a GREAT idea.

Mulgore
User avatar
Posts: 184
Likes: 136
Tauren

So you used to be able to kite an enemy forever. Leashing "leashes" them to a specific area. If you try to kite them past that range they go into evade and run back to their spawn point.

I have nothing fancy to add here, but if you've never played Binary Domain, you should.
Image
Warlock Demonology
User avatar
US Skeram
Posts: 220
Likes: 100
Horde
Warlock

Jon Bloodspray wrote:
5 months ago
So you used to be able to kite an enemy forever. Leashing "leashes" them to a specific area. If you try to kite them past that range they go into evade and run back to their spawn point.
Ohhhh I didn't know there was a term tied to that. Yeah I want to be able to train mobs crazy distances. Like Stitches through duskwood. Or whatever that abom was named.

Desolace
User avatar
Posts: 37
Likes: 20
Horde
Warlock

Let's be honest, the answer is: playing it

   Slocain
Back after all this time.
Arathi Basin
User avatar
US Grobbulus
Posts: 38
Likes: 27
Human
Paladin

A guild I was in on a PVP server found a lowbie NE who accidentally ended up in Stormwind and wanted to go home. So they formed a raid and walked him back to Darnassus. (Sadly I wasn't there for it, before my time.)

Warlock Demonology
User avatar
US Skeram
Posts: 220
Likes: 100
Horde
Warlock

Nayami wrote:
5 months ago
A guild I was in on a PVP server found a lowbie NE who accidentally ended up in Stormwind and wanted to go home. So they formed a raid and walked him back to Darnassus. (Sadly I wasn't there for it, before my time.)
This is the type of stuff I'm talking about. That's cool. Stuff like this would never happen in retail. Only in vanilla. Love it.

Warlock Destruction
User avatar
EU Firemaw
Posts: 292
Likes: 337
Undead
Warlock

pan0phobik wrote:
5 months ago
Taking over the Horde zeppelins as Alliance
Kinda hard since all of them except Grol'Gol are in Horde territory. People can just flag pvp off and be on their way. Menethil however...
pan0phobik wrote:
5 months ago
Killing faction leaders
Random assaults on enemy faction towns, clearing all NPC's, genuinely making live harder for the other faction in that area
I have over 230 people in my Discord server willing to do that, trust me no one's forgotten about it :lol:

   teebling pan0phobik Mordraek
Mulgore
User avatar
Posts: 184
Likes: 136
Tauren

Hah, I just remembered me and a buddy used to sit in from of Orgrimmar and do the "Who's on first?" bit.

I have nothing fancy to add here, but if you've never played Binary Domain, you should.
Image
Warrior Fury
User avatar
US Fairbanks
Posts: 1073
Likes: 716
Gnome
Warrior

Some of my plans include merciless ganking... Below will be some of the ways I intend to gank.

Mind control with priest to toss people into the ocean

Harassing players at flight paths with a max level hunter

Taming low level mobs and using them to flag low level players for combat

Taming pets with names like "TheDentist" and using them to camp rare spawn mobs like brokentooth and then annihilating the rare spawn infront of people waiting to tame it

I plan to make a warlock named Zoolock and collect all the summon items I can get ahold of and then I plan to have a herd of minions to gank lowbies with

Kiting bosses, killing flight masters, etc etc etc...

Creating a bunch of low level shamans with friends and spamming purges on alliance raids as they run by. Most of em should have their raid schedules fairly accessible so we should be able to purge em every raid night.

   pan0phobik Brhule
Druid Feral
User avatar
OC Yojamba
Posts: 899
Likes: 712
Tauren
Druid

Stfuppercut wrote:
5 months ago
Creating a bunch of low level shamans with friends and spamming purges on alliance raids as they run by. Most of em should have their raid schedules fairly accessible so we should be able to purge em every raid night.
Ok, this one piqued my interest. I love it!

ImageImage Lvl 45
ImageImage Lvl 35
Warlock Demonology
User avatar
US Skeram
Posts: 220
Likes: 100
Horde
Warlock

Nymis wrote:
5 months ago
pan0phobik wrote:
5 months ago
Taking over the Horde zeppelins as Alliance
Kinda hard since all of them except Grol'Gol are in Horde territory. People can just flag pvp off and be on their way. Menethil however...
pan0phobik wrote:
5 months ago
Killing faction leaders
Random assaults on enemy faction towns, clearing all NPC's, genuinely making live harder for the other faction in that area
I have over 230 people in my Discord server willing to do that, trust me no one's forgotten about it :lol:
Is this something you guys frequent? I've been looking to jot down some notes on what makes those assaults successful for when I try to set up a raid to do this.

Warlock Destruction
User avatar
EU Firemaw
Posts: 292
Likes: 337
Undead
Warlock

I wrote a guide about it on this website right here (and I plan on writing more). You'll find very few resources about WPvP in general, I've been doing it on private servers.

   teebling pan0phobik
Warlock Demonology
User avatar
US Skeram
Posts: 220
Likes: 100
Horde
Warlock

Nymis wrote:
5 months ago
I wrote a guide about it on this website right here (and I plan on writing more). You'll find very few resources about WPvP in general, I've been doing it on private servers.
Holy crap this guide is great. Thank you for all this work.

Burning Steppes
User avatar
Posts: 38
Likes: 31
Horde
Warrior
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hide and seek event!
This was during TBC, but I still fondly remember a raiding guild that organised a hide and seek game while I was leveling.
For every day for a week they would post a vague screenshot of some ingame location as a hint, and at a specified hour a previously parked character would log in in the area. The first person to trade him won like 10 or 100 gold or something, as a noob still busy leveling this was a fortune, so every evening, a legion of noobs was scouring the area looking for this character named “birthdayboy” looking to claim that sweet gold to fund their mount.
I remember with particular fondness that one day “birthdayboy” parked his character on a difficult to reach ledge in blackrock mountain above the lava pit. Many a noob fell in the lava to die, but I made it thanks to levitate and claimed the prize!
The final day was an all out free for al brawl in gurubashi arena, last man standing wins.
It was glorious. It really engaged leveling players, and really made me look up to that guild..

   pan0phobik teebling
Warlock Demonology
User avatar
US Skeram
Posts: 220
Likes: 100
Horde
Warlock
5 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Bulldozer wrote:
5 months ago
Hide and seek event!
This was during TBC, but I still fondly remember a raiding guild that organised a hide and seek game while I was leveling.
For every day for a week they would post a vague screenshot of some ingame location as a hint, and at a specified hour a previously parked character would log in in the area. The first person to trade him won like 10 or 100 gold or something, as a noob still busy leveling this was a fortune, so every evening, a legion of noobs was scouring the area looking for this character named “birthdayboy” looking to claim that sweet gold to fund their mount.
I remember with particular fondness that one day “birthdayboy” parked his character on a difficult to reach ledge in blackrock mountain above the lava pit. Many a noob fell in the lava to die, but I made it thanks to levitate and claimed the prize!
The final day was an all out free for al brawl in gurubashi arena, last man standing wins.
It was glorious. It really engaged leveling players, and really made me look up to that guild..
That's awesome! Exactly the kind of ideas I'm looking for. Thank you for the story.

   Bulldozer
Warlock Demonology
User avatar
US Skeram
Posts: 220
Likes: 100
Horde
Warlock
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Is it possible to kite faction leaders outside of their capital city???

Hunter Marksman
User avatar
EU Sulfuron
Posts: 61
Likes: 60
Horde
Hunter
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I think the most "non-productive" activity Vanilla has to offer is just standing on the Orgrimaar bank's roof to show off your gear to newbies

Also works in the other way : drool in admiration seing those beautiful and rare pieces of gear that you're dreaming of at night :mrgreen:

SpoilerShow
Image

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, but today is a gift : that's why it's called present."
Warlock Demonology
User avatar
US Skeram
Posts: 220
Likes: 100
Horde
Warlock
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Shyneur wrote:
4 months ago
I think the most "non-productive" activity Vanilla has to offer is just standing on the Orgrimaar bank's roof to show off your gear to newbies

Also works in the other way : drool in admiration seing those beautiful and rare pieces of gear that you're dreaming of at night :mrgreen:

SpoilerShow
Image
I can't wait for org bank!!!!

Burning Steppes
User avatar
Posts: 38
Likes: 31
Horde
Warrior
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Shyneur wrote:
4 months ago
I think the most "non-productive" activity Vanilla has to offer is just standing on the Orgrimaar bank's roof to show off your gear to newbies

Also works in the other way : drool in admiration seing those beautiful and rare pieces of gear that you're dreaming of at night :mrgreen:

SpoilerShow
Image
Don’t forget to mount up ( or stick as close to the center if you can’t afford a mount ) and see how many consecutive laps of the roof you can do while jumping from girder to girder.

   Tinyhoof
The Barrens
User avatar
Posts: 18
Likes: 12
Horde
Warrior
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Farm Shen'dralar rep.

Loch modan
User avatar
EU Razorgore
Posts: 154
Likes: 89
Dwarf
Warrior
4 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

pan0phobik wrote:
4 months ago
Is it possible to kite faction leaders outside of their capital city???
Afaik they cant leave their rooms without resetting, similar to AV bosses.

   pan0phobik
Similar topics
to 'The most grand non-productive activities Vanilla has to offer'
Posts ViewsLast post