Blasted Lands
User avatar
Posts: 32
Likes: 23
Horde Druid 32 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Hey Guys, because of the growing number of guides, tips and other information from vanilla wow i think its time to make a list what is defnitly a false "memory" from private servers

  • soloing dungeons for gold farming (assuming your 60, raid eqqipped and the dungeon level is over 35), this was not a thing and farming in DM/Mauraudon will not happen
  • Meeting Stones/Innkeepers being able to teleport you
  • rushing raides, like mc, no it wont be cleared in a week like on pservers
i think there will be more, just add things you think who are wrong

Alterac Valley
User avatar
Posts: 267
Likes: 98
Human Paladin 266 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Sequoioideae wrote:
2 months ago
soloing dungeons for gold farming (assuming your 60, raid eqqipped and the dungeon level is over 35), this was not a thing and farming in DM/Mauraudon will not happen
That is wrong. You are able to solo those dungeons. Not all bosses and not all trash but there are enough guides even from Vanilla. Same with the ZG Mage Farm

   Escalotes couchatron Cielos
My Classic Chars:
Manofwar
Kampfzwerg
Mojo
Paladin Retribution
User avatar
Posts: 41
Likes: 27
41 posts
Dwarf
Priest
Dwarf Priest 41 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Paladin Retribution
User avatar
Posts: 41
Likes: 27
41 posts
Dwarf
Priest
Dwarf Priest 41 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Paladin Retribution
User avatar
Posts: 41
Likes: 27
41 posts
Dwarf
Priest
Dwarf Priest 41 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Paladin Retribution
User avatar
Posts: 41
Likes: 27
41 posts
Dwarf
Priest
Dwarf Priest 41 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Paladin Retribution
User avatar
Posts: 41
Likes: 27
41 posts
Dwarf
Priest
Dwarf Priest 41 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Paladin Retribution
User avatar
Posts: 41
Likes: 27
41 posts
Dwarf
Priest
Dwarf Priest 41 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Paladin Retribution
User avatar
Posts: 41
Likes: 27
41 posts
Dwarf
Priest
Dwarf Priest 41 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Posts:
Likes: 0
Guest
Guest
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

And yes, MC will 100% be cleared in a week in Classic.

Paladin Retribution
User avatar
Posts: 41
Likes: 27
41 posts
Dwarf
Priest
Dwarf Priest 41 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Paladin Retribution
User avatar
Posts: 41
Likes: 27
41 posts
Dwarf
Priest
Dwarf Priest 41 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Paladin Retribution
User avatar
Posts: 41
Likes: 27
41 posts
Dwarf
Priest
Dwarf Priest 41 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Paladin Retribution
User avatar
Posts: 41
Likes: 27
41 posts
Dwarf
Priest
Dwarf Priest 41 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Ok... I'll stop with the fact shower, I think the message is clear enough.

Wetlands
User avatar
Posts: 11
Likes: 14
Troll Hunter 11 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

i think there will be a way higher number of casual players. i am kinda predicting that peoples ideas of what will be "overplayed" might not matter so much because of the big audience of new people/people just playing because classic will be tied to a retail subscription. Im optimistic that there will be an influx of enough people to where it wont really matter what you play because the active population is saturated enough (Im using big words so I sound smart)

Im curious to see the % values on things like ironfoe proc etc (many of which afaik nobody actually knows other than blizz). That could be a pretty significant factor in people minmaxing their gear before each tier starts and we wont know anything about it until the game is actually released.

Maybe a week mc clear wont be a thing but really fast clears for zg/aq definitely will. Top raiders have all the time in the world to prepare before a tier drops. I dont see why it would take them a long time.

User avatar
Posts: 142
Likes: 137
142 posts
Orc
Warrior
Orc Warrior 142 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

DM solo farming is absolutely feasable, some groups that aren't AOE classes will do it as 3's, but it'll get done.

Given the availability of information, MC clears will happen early and frequently; however, as MC gear is so good, people will be likely doing it deep into the content releases.

<Shut up and Colour>
Image
Blasted Lands
User avatar
Posts: 27
Likes: 11
27 posts
Undead
Mage
Undead Mage 27 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

bignastylarry wrote:
2 months ago
Maybe a week mc clear wont be a thing
It will be interesting seeing how fast it will be though, from scratch until the first clear. Heard that speed clearing will probably be a thing the hardcore guilds.
Escalotes wrote:
2 months ago
Given the availability of information, MC clears will happen early and frequently; however, as MC gear is so good, people will be likely doing it deep into the content releases.
I really hope there won't be some kind of addon that adds gearscore like in Wotlk or the current ilvl. Such addon would turn a lot of players away from older raids (if older raids have "Lower score gear"), which is the only way that I can image why people wouldn't run MC later on, else people will run it for a long time.

Image Waiting for Classic... Image
Warrior Fury
User avatar
Posts: 20
Likes: 11
20 posts
Horde
Warrior
Horde Warrior 20 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Vanilj wrote:
2 months ago
I really hope there won't be some kind of addon that adds gearscore like in Wotlk or the current ilvl. Such addon would turn a lot of players away from older raids (if older raids have "Lower score gear"), which is the only way that I can image why people wouldn't run MC later on, else people will run it for a long time.
There probably will be some sort of gear score add-on but I doubt it will hold any merit seeing how item stats in Vanilla were pretty wonky. Also a lot of items can last a long, long time even if they are lower item level.

Also in the case of not running MC. I think guilds will always run MC because of https://classic.wowhead.com/item=19019/ ... windseeker along with the time to clear MC will become shorter and shorter.

Warrior Protection
User avatar
Discord:

teebling#5444


Bnet:

Teeb#2674


Posts: 1067
Likes: 1861
Orc Warrior 525 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Sequoioideae wrote:
2 months ago
soloing dungeons for gold farming (assuming your 60, raid eqqipped and the dungeon level is over 35), this was not a thing and farming in DM/Mauraudon will not happen
I think that some DM farm won't be possible. For example, soloing the whole dungeon as a hunter by abusing feign death and then kiting King/Cho at the end is very unlikely to be possible in Classic. Lashers AOE might be good, but then again the loot tables and stats are different on private servers to the authentic 1.12 so again this has to be taken into consideration.

However, Maraudon farm solo as a hunter will surely still be possible... I don't see why people think otherwise seeing as the only requirement is that you are high enough level to solo it, right?

Admin • Bug reportsAvatar requests
Image
There is nothing like watching a dead rogue not releasing his ghost so he can watch me slowly bleeding out, only to pop stoneform and teabag him with my rocky balls. Samarener the Dwarf, 2019.
Mulgore
User avatar
Posts: 165
Likes: 115
Tauren 164 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Sequoioideae wrote:
2 months ago
Meeting Stones/Innkeepers being able to teleport you
Whoa, really? I have no memory of innkeepers being able to do that, but Meeting Stones? Wasn't that the point of them? I'm seriously having a Berenstain/Berentein Bears moment here. Was using the Meeting Stones for summons not a thing originally?

I have nothing fancy to add here, but if you've never played Binary Domain, you should.
Image
User avatar
Posts: 53
Likes: 12
Undead Warrior 53 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Jon Bloodspray wrote:
2 months ago
Sequoioideae wrote:
2 months ago
[*]Meeting Stones/Innkeepers being able to teleport you
Whoa, really? I have no memory of innkeepers being able to do that, but Meeting Stones? Wasn't that the point of them? I'm seriously having a Berenstain/Berentein Bears moment here. Was using the Meeting Stones for summons not a thing originally?
Yeah, WTF? I'd assume that the innkeeper thing is just some pserver hack that nobody expects to be in classic, but that doesn't explain the summoning stones confusion.

Durotar
User avatar
Posts: 7
Likes: 8
Orc Shaman 7 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Jon Bloodspray wrote:
2 months ago
Was using the Meeting Stones for summons not a thing originally?
It was added in 2.0.1: Meeting Stones now function similar to a Warlock Summon spell.

User avatar
Posts: 142
Likes: 137
142 posts
Orc
Warrior
Orc Warrior 142 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Black Monarch wrote:
2 months ago
Jon Bloodspray wrote:
2 months ago
Sequoioideae wrote:
2 months ago
[*]Meeting Stones/Innkeepers being able to teleport you
Whoa, really? I have no memory of innkeepers being able to do that, but Meeting Stones? Wasn't that the point of them? I'm seriously having a Berenstain/Berentein Bears moment here. Was using the Meeting Stones for summons not a thing originally?
Yeah, WTF? I'd assume that the innkeeper thing is just some pserver hack that nobody expects to be in classic, but that doesn't explain the summoning stones confusion.
Meeting stones helped you find a group, but they weren't very good at it. They were like a primitive LFD tool.

<Shut up and Colour>
Image
Mulgore
User avatar
Posts: 165
Likes: 115
Tauren 164 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Griznak wrote:
2 months ago
Jon Bloodspray wrote:
2 months ago
Was using the Meeting Stones for summons not a thing originally?
It was added in 2.0.1: Meeting Stones now function similar to a Warlock Summon spell.
Thanks for clearing that up! I must have just hallucinated it while running across the Barrens.

I have nothing fancy to add here, but if you've never played Binary Domain, you should.
Image
Arathi Basin
User avatar
Guild:

GRIND


Posts: 259
Likes: 110
Undead Priest 258 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

On Northdale we have done 1-60 + First MC Clear in like 8-9 days after release if I remember correctly!

Undead Priest @ <GRIND>
Twitch Channel, feel free to take a look :)!
Similar topics
to 'Thing wrong on private servers'
Posts ViewsLast post