View results
Poll  •  Are You?
Tirisfal Glades
donator Posts: 54
Undead
Mage
6 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

My buddies and I are very very casually playing through a PS. It's been a blast.

Hunter Beast Mastery
US Atiesh
donator Posts: 59
Night Elf
Hunter
6 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I feel like I would get burned out.

Selexin WalterDisney
No original unarmored epic mounts :cry:
Tirisfal Glades
donator Posts: 223
Undead
Rogue
6 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Nope, I don't wanna get burnt out.

Selexin WalterDisney
Rogue Assassination
donator Posts: 5
Orc
Rogue
6 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I've never really speed-run a game before (unless you count laddering PoE) but I've been having a blast doing 1-30s on a private server.

Ironforge
donator Posts: 12
Dwarf
Paladin
6 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I've thought about it hard, even gave one a quick try before Vanilla was even announced, but I want everything to be new again when the game is officially released. I feel like leveling through classic to practice leveling through classic would turn the official experience sour for me :P

Ironforge
donator Posts: 12
Dwarf
Paladin
6 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Joe-Briefcase wrote:
6 months ago
Surprised to see many are already playing on private servers. Personally, I wanna wait until classic drops. That way the experience is as fresh as possible. The withdrawal is kicking in pretty hard though, so I wouldn't blame anyone for taking a sneak peak :mrgreen:
My thoughts exactly :mrgreen: .

Mage Frost
EU Flamelash
donator Posts: 61
Gnome
Mage
6 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Practicing what exactly? It seems like speed leveling has been done to death, so if you really want to optimise, just follow a guide. I reckon many of the people "practicing" here use it as a way to justify their vanilla-fix :wink:

Darnassus
donator Posts: 24
Night Elf
Druid
6 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Been casually playing some classes I haven't tried in Classic before on one. Paladin has been pretty fun!

Tirisfal Glades
OC Arugal
donator Posts: 301
Undead
Warrior
6 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Yes and no?

Yes, because I just bought a gaming laptop and want to get used to it. I never gamed on a laptop before.
No because I want to experience it "for the first time" after so many years.

I haven't played WoW for 4-5 years as well, so I recently started on retail with a brand new account, and I'm dicking around. It's so interesting to see what has changed. I picked shaman and uhh my spells don't cost mana? OK I guess.. And I can swap to any spec when I want, so there's no more dual spec? OK I guess.. Hmm and gear has +agi AND +int on it, and one stat gets grayed out depending on my spec..

I can see how the game has evolved in these little bits of pieces. And I have to admit that it's very easy to understand and very new player friendly (you no longer need a healer set for leveling I guess, for example), but at the same time quite shallow if you're a veteran.

It's all "new" to me in the sense that well.. it's new lol. Sort of rediscovering a long forgotten lego set. But at the same time I can see how everything is now streamlined and more "mobile-like" even though I'm level 12 now. I know world quests are something like diablo-like bounty systems, and I know about garrison followers (or was that a previous expansion?) and all the "other stuff" you can do. It feels daunting at the moment because there are so many new systems, but also feels irrelevant and ultimately pointless because "so what". So what I can send my followers to quests, dungeons etc., that's not the WoW I loved, that's not the WoW I know. It really feels like a mobile game with all these different "systems".

Going off topic here a bit, but yeah playing the retail wow after so many years is also reminding me what I loved about the vanilla WoW. So it's still a good filler content for me before Classic comes out. And this way I'm not spoling it for myself by playing on private servers, so yay. Win win.

Selexin
<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats> | Arugal Horde