Undercity
User avatar
Posts: 35
Likes: 7
Horde
Warlock
7 hours ago
 •  Unread

How is everyone feeling about the continued changes to dungeons and XP?

It started with them reducing mob XP and adding XP to dungeon quests to try to combat boosting I think. Then people complained about too much XP for dungeon quests so they nerfed that. Now people are complaining that groups are skipping large portions of the dungeons or leaving after certain bosses.

Mage Frost
User avatar
Posts: 16
Likes: 5
Alliance
Mage
6 hours ago
 •  Unread

I really like the changes! I was so very tired of the dungeon-spam meta. As for ppl leaving after certain bosses, I think there will always be groups that farm the first or second boss of a dungeon, then reset. Considering the dungeon items are very strong, we can probably expect a lot of dungeon runs for gear rather than exp grind.

Priest Discipline
User avatar
Posts: 64
Likes: 13
Undead
Priest
6 hours ago
 •  Unread

I think it makes total sense to reduce XP in dungeons and get people questing again. Get people back out into the world and not holed up in the most optimal instance from 12-60. Make the leveling journey part of playing the game and not something to skip with boosts and check off as quickly as possible.

There are ways they can address the problems this has created for dungeon groups. In retail, you have to clear a certain percentage of the dungeon in order to get the full rewards at the end of the run. There really needs to be something like that here to discourage skipping around and other shenanigans. And those rewards need to be worth going out of your way and sacrificing the experience for. That will be even more true when Hardcore lands.

Ashenvale
User avatar
Posts: 62
Likes: 15
Night Elf
Druid
6 hours ago
 •  Unread

Yah. I'm for it. If anything, overall leveling in Forever still feels too fast. It could use some further slowing down. Dungeons are probably in a good spot now.

Warlock Affliction
User avatar
Posts: 46
Likes: 16
Human
Warlock
6 hours ago
 •  Unread

The WoW enthusiast in me loves it, the guy with a job and wife doesn't, haha.

Posts: 1
Likes: 1
4 hours ago
 •  Unread

I think making the game so focused on instanced content was a mistake to begin with, so I'm very happy that they moved in the other direction this time. Fingers crossed that they don't make world bosses instanced like in SoD.

   Val Hull
Teldrassil
User avatar
Posts: 5
Likes: 2
Night Elf
Hunter
2 hours ago
 •  Unread

I understand why they're doing it, but I also see the argument from both sides. And I must admit, the friends I have made along the way in WoW have mostly been found in dungeon groups where we've had the opportunity to spend some time together.

Similar topics
to 'Thoughts on the dungeon xp changes?'
Posts ViewsLast post

Latest Blue Posts

View all
  • Screenshot of the Month

    View gallery