User avatar
Posts: 8
Likes: 4
Alliance
Priest

Happy with the released pvp content plan!

The only thing really missing to me, is how they will handle server load balance and healthy population numbers. Classic is a huge time investment and I would hate to roll on a server that has 4:1 Alliance to Horde or something. They care about natural world pvp, but it won't be much fun if we can't ensure balanced population numbers.

Warrior Protection
User avatar
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Posts: 1306
Likes: 2505
Orc
Warrior

Anyone here actually going for rank 14 now we know what it will take?

Stormwind
User avatar
Posts: 53
Likes: 23
Alliance
Paladin

Etchel wrote:
6 months ago
Happy with the released pvp content plan!

The only thing really missing to me, is how they will handle server load balance and healthy population numbers. Classic is a huge time investment and I would hate to roll on a server that has 4:1 Alliance to Horde or something. They care about natural world pvp, but it won't be much fun if we can't ensure balanced population numbers.
How could this be ensured by Blizzard? It seems like it would be entirely up to the players to balance the factions. I would definitely prefer if my home was roughly 50/50, but will it not be random if you select the correct server or not?

Teldrassil
User avatar
Posts: 62
Likes: 62
Horde
Hunter

Sojiro84 wrote:
6 months ago
I myself will be playing on a RP-PvE server. On the one hand, I will be missing on the amazing World-PvP, but on the other hand, I can casually level without people killing me for no reason.

I have lived on a PvP server during vanilla and it was a pretty frustrating experience leveling that way. Off course, today, I would look at it in a different light since we get to relive it and I wouldn't be as frustrated about being killed this time since we get a one-time chance to relive it all.

That said, going for a RP-PvE server since I think the community there will be more mature and it is fun seeing people over the world role-playing. The world feels more alive on it.
You know what? I’m kind of going off PvP servers in a way too... I might just go PvE and flag up for PvP so that I get the occasional rush of actual encounters and avoid the mindless flight point camping and other tryhard stuff.

Warlock Destruction
User avatar
EU Firemaw
Posts: 292
Likes: 337
Undead
Warlock

Ravenheart wrote:
6 months ago
You know what? I’m kind of going off PvP servers in a way too... I might just go PvE and flag up for PvP so that I get the occasional rush of actual encounters and avoid the mindless flight point camping and other tryhard stuff.
That's worse than being on a PvP server if you ask me. Flagging yourself on purpose means the enemy always gets the first hit. When you're always flagged, you can always keep your eyes open for anything red (except for rogues of course).

Teldrassil
User avatar
Posts: 62
Likes: 62
Horde
Hunter

Nymis wrote:
6 months ago
Ravenheart wrote:
6 months ago
You know what? I’m kind of going off PvP servers in a way too... I might just go PvE and flag up for PvP so that I get the occasional rush of actual encounters and avoid the mindless flight point camping and other tryhard stuff.
That's worse than being on a PvP server if you ask me. Flagging yourself on purpose means the enemy always gets the first hit. When you're always flagged, you can always keep your eyes open for anything red (except for rogues of course).
Yeah that’s v true, hadn’t considered this at all - red is so much easier to spot and also being hit by an aimed shot before I can do anything isn’t ideal.

I guess the alternative is to just join a big wpvp group like yours and fight off any annoying gankers.

User avatar
Posts: 8
Likes: 4
Alliance
Priest

Rootdancer wrote:
6 months ago
Etchel wrote:
6 months ago
Happy with the released pvp content plan!

The only thing really missing to me, is how they will handle server load balance and healthy population numbers. Classic is a huge time investment and I would hate to roll on a server that has 4:1 Alliance to Horde or something. They care about natural world pvp, but it won't be much fun if we can't ensure balanced population numbers.
How could this be ensured by Blizzard? It seems like it would be entirely up to the players to balance the factions. I would definitely prefer if my home was roughly 50/50, but will it not be random if you select the correct server or not?
Sign up for a server in advance, or keep initial server populations smaller and then strategically merge servers to healthy populations ~2-3 weeks in are solutions I would consider reasonable. Not sure if those solutions are better than just letting things play out naturally, though.

Rogue Subtlety
User avatar
Posts: 17
Likes: 14
Horde
Rogue

Damn..long time for BG =(

:ugeek: Think of a number between 1 and 10 :confused: . Multiply it by 9 and subtract 1 :smile: . Now close your eyes :mad: . It's dark isn't it? :cool:
Alterac Valley
User avatar
Posts: 281
Likes: 104
Human
Paladin

i have to say that i am really affraid of the second phase on a pvp server.

My Classic Chars:
Manofwar
Kampfzwerg
Mojo
Silverpine Forest
User avatar
Posts: 389
Likes: 121
Undead
Warrior

Shit like this is why I prefer PvE realms.

Threads I've derailed: 0
Flame wars I've started: 0
Threads I've started that mentioned other posters by name: 0
Accounts I've created for the sole purpose of mocking other posters: 0

My reputation is clean.
Druid Feral
User avatar
OC Yojamba
Posts: 899
Likes: 712
Tauren
Druid

The PvP release phases were discussed a lot in the latest ClassicCast with a lot of well thought out discussions on timing, difficulties of ranking, ganking etc. it was a good listen, especially since Sonii was the guest, who was rank 1 warrior in the world in Season 3 BC.

ImageImage Lvl 46
ImageImage Lvl 35
Tirisfal Glades
User avatar
Posts: 175
Likes: 131
Undead
Priest

Can't wait.
/thatisall

<Extreme>
Council Chairman
US-Horde
Blaumeux
Warsong Gulch
User avatar
US Grobbulus
Posts: 85
Likes: 51
Troll
Rogue

teebling wrote:
6 months ago
Anyone here actually going for rank 14 now we know what it will take?
I dont know about rank 14, but there will definitely be a period where I will go all out to see how high I can get. I'll need to judge just how much of a time commitment it will really be once I see where I fall.

I like to generally get a baseline and then see how much time it takes me to get to the next step. Rather than go all out right away for the top.

ImageImage
Similar topics
to 'PvP content plan details'
Posts ViewsLast post