Druid Feral
User avatar
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 944
Likes: 743
Tauren
Druid

Live Developer Q&A w/ Ion Hazzikostas Twitch Stream Link

And that is about it for Classic discussion from what I can tell. Not much info on classic, but a small update nonetheless. They also speak about possibly changing retail WoW leveling from level cap of 120, back to something like 60 - to make leveling feel more rewarding.

   Araghast teebling Syturio Iolden
ImageImage Lvl 60
ImageImage Lvl 35
Undercity
User avatar
EU Shazzrah
donator Posts: 182
Likes: 140
Horde
Rogue

Selexin wrote:
8 months ago
They also speak about possibly changing retail WoW leveling from level cap of 120, back to something like 60 - to make leveling feel more rewarding.
A bit too late now. They should never had increased level cap by +10 for every expansion, maybe only +1-3 levels would have been enough.

   couchatron
ModeratorPrivate Message
Image
Warrior Protection
User avatar
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1321
Likes: 2536
Orc
Warrior

Breakdown for those who can't watch. Only thing of value said was:

 Blizzard Entertainment
RP-PvE servers planned in the larger regions. No RP-PvP servers planned, but open to adding them in the future.
That's a big disappointment to some of the boys here. I updated the FAQ thread.

   Alnir Selexin
Druid Feral
User avatar
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 944
Likes: 743
Tauren
Druid

teebling wrote:
8 months ago
Breakdown for those who can't watch. Only thing of value said was:
 Blizzard Entertainment
RP-PvE servers planned in the larger regions. No RP-PvP servers planned, but open to adding them in the future.
That's a big disappointment to some of the boys here. I updated the FAQ thread.
Yep :sad:

ImageImage Lvl 60
ImageImage Lvl 35
Hillsbrad Foothills
User avatar
US Sulfuras
donator Posts: 322
Likes: 212
Alliance
Paladin

teebling wrote:
8 months ago
Breakdown for those who can't watch. Only thing of value said was:
 Blizzard Entertainment
RP-PvE servers planned in the larger regions. No RP-PvP servers planned, but open to adding them in the future.
That's a big disappointment to some of the boys here. I updated the FAQ thread.
Ouch :-( I was seriously considering this. Guess I'll have to stick to regular PvP.

   Selexin
Image
Shaman Enhancement
User avatar
donator Posts: 368
Likes: 130
Troll
Shaman

I think it's kinda bizarre they wouldn't have an RP-PvP server at launch. Like, not even just one per region?

And then just shrugging it off saying they might add it later seems quite silly. Yeah I just went and hit level 60 and my guild starts MC this weekend, but fuck that clearly I'm going to reroll and start over on a new server just because I want to play on a certain server type that was not available at launch.

   Faendor
Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
Druid Feral
User avatar
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 944
Likes: 743
Tauren
Druid

Yeh it didn't make sense to me... Are they really going to wait a while then add another server?

F R E S H

All the cancer players from the pserver community will all end up on an RP-PvP server because its F R E S H and ruin them.

ImageImage Lvl 60
ImageImage Lvl 35
Rogue Assassination
User avatar
US Westfall
donator Posts: 81
Likes: 60
Human
Rogue

Syturio wrote:
8 months ago
Selexin wrote:
8 months ago
They also speak about possibly changing retail WoW leveling from level cap of 120, back to something like 60 - to make leveling feel more rewarding.
A bit too late now. They should never had increased level cap by +10 for every expansion, maybe only +1-3 levels would have been enough.
This right here is what killed WoW. This need to make everyone FAR more powerful than the game preceeding it made power creep far too accellerated. Personally I think TBC should've remained level 60, then WoTLK should've been up to 65, and 5 levels thereafter with every second expansion maybe not increasing the cap. We'd be at what? Level 75 right now?

Think about how meaningful content in WotLK would be for the current expansion and how much tighter gearing could be.

Image
Tirisfal Glades
User avatar
OC Felstriker
donator Posts: 12
Likes: 7
Horde
Mage

Solveig wrote:
8 months ago
Syturio wrote:
8 months ago
Selexin wrote:
8 months ago
They also speak about possibly changing retail WoW leveling from level cap of 120, back to something like 60 - to make leveling feel more rewarding.
A bit too late now. They should never had increased level cap by +10 for every expansion, maybe only +1-3 levels would have been enough.
This right here is what killed WoW. This need to make everyone FAR more powerful than the game preceeding it made power creep far too accellerated. Personally I think TBC should've remained level 60, then WoTLK should've been up to 65, and 5 levels thereafter with every second expansion maybe not increasing the cap. We'd be at what? Level 75 right now?

Think about how meaningful content in WotLK would be for the current expansion and how much tighter gearing could be.
To me the amount of levels wasn't the breaking point. And I disagree that the amount of levels dictated the insane power creep. They just went for inflated power levels to make sure the old gear from previous expansion has absolutely no worth anymore at maximum level. A legendary weapon, you say? Here's this random green that'll put it to shame.

They could have done the increase in power in so many different ways. No need to bloat the base stats on characters or items with each ding. They still had the talent system after all. Gradual progression would have made more sense than instantly invalidating everything that had happened before. They could have frozen the levels at 60 forever, and all the XP from then on would go on to unlock talents in additional talent tree branch related to that particular expansion.

At WotLK and Cata the questing experience for leveling started to feel like a game too much, and not a world anymore. Especially with the piecemeal system in Cata, 2-3 quests at a time and the questgiver even followed you at times ready to dispense more stuff to do immediately. There was no way to deviate from the tracks anymore. You do this or the world will not phase into the end game state and entire factions will remain unlocked. Mind you, at that time it was plausible to level via gathering and some grinding too. I suppose grinding is always plausible, but I for one leveled one or two characters just mining and herbing, and watching movies...

I hate phasing and the character driven world progression that came in WotLK.

I thought I did, and still do...
Deleted User 281
donator Posts:
Likes: 0
Deleted User 281

I hate phasing and the character driven world progression that came in WotLK.
Same here...sucked so hard not being able to quest with your friends even if you were in the same group and all...;//

   Gebus
Teldrassil
User avatar
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 433
Likes: 208
Alliance
Priest

I would rather see them doing RP-PVP instead of RP-PVE. Wouldn't that make more sense?

   Iolden
Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Warlock Destruction
User avatar
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 299
Likes: 342
Undead
Warlock

Faendor wrote:
8 months ago
I would rather see them doing RP-PVP instead of RP-PVE. Wouldn't that make more sense?
Eh, not really. Looking on wowprogress, I see that RP-to-RPPvP population is:

* 20k to 15k in the EU
* 57k to about 26k in the US

I really don't blame them for thinking otherwise. It could just be that they're the ones who are loudest on the internet/chat rooms but game numbers don't seem to support they're that numerous.

Teldrassil
User avatar
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 433
Likes: 208
Alliance
Priest

I just thought that the people who play on the RP servers would like the pvp aspect more. Seems more logical to me since it is RP. Nothing against their taste though.

Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Tirisfal Glades
User avatar
OC Felstriker
donator Posts: 12
Likes: 7
Horde
Mage

It also could be that PVP is seen as a potential interruption to planned RP stuff. Especially if non RPers make characters to troll people, it'll be infinitely more easy on PVP servers.

I thought I did, and still do...
Tanaris
User avatar
donator Posts: 58
Likes: 42
Tauren
Shaman

They should add one RP PvP realm per region and if it isn't populated enough offer migration to other realms. It seems they do not think classic will have a huge playerbase and even less people interested in RP realms.

Teldrassil
User avatar
donator Posts: 24
Likes: 17
Night Elf
Druid

That's really odd to me, there should be at the least, 1 RP PvP server.

ImageImage
Shaman Enhancement
User avatar
donator Posts: 368
Likes: 130
Troll
Shaman

Syturio wrote:
8 months ago
Selexin wrote:
8 months ago
They also speak about possibly changing retail WoW leveling from level cap of 120, back to something like 60 - to make leveling feel more rewarding.
A bit too late now. They should never had increased level cap by +10 for every expansion, maybe only +1-3 levels would have been enough.
Yeah I can buy that maybe, but that would have been a super slow process to get those 3 levels across the entirety of the Outland.

There was some conversation back in the day about whether the level cap increase was a good idea. The real goal of Blizzard has been concluded to be that they wanted a "stealth reset" in that in moving the level cap and moving to an entire different plane of gear power, you are resetting the power disparity between the dudes kicking down the doors of Naxx and the non-raider. Which in a way makes sense, can you imagine if tier 4 and the entirety of BC content was all still at level 60? The chasm in gear and power between raiders and non-raiders would have been absurd.

Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
Shaman Enhancement
User avatar
US Bigglesworth
donator Posts: 29
Likes: 24
Horde
Shaman

Me and my friends would be greatly dissapointed if RP-PVP will not be a thing.

Hopefully, Blizzard will change their mind.

Similar topics
to 'Live Developer Q&A w/ Ion Hazzikostas'
Posts ViewsLast post