Warrior Protection
User avatar
Discord:

teebling#5444


Bnet:

Teeb#2674


Posts: 1067
Likes: 1865
Orc Warrior 525 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

inthedark72 wrote:
2 months ago
teebling,

I was wondering if there are plans to further categorize Realms by timezone? Thank you for your all your work, this is an awesome website!
Hey IND,

Will have to see how many realms are planned for Classic when we get an announcement and then will think forward from that point onwards.

Cheers :smile:

   inthedark72
Admin • Bug reportsAvatar requests
Image
There is nothing like watching a dead rogue not releasing his ghost so he can watch me slowly bleeding out, only to pop stoneform and teabag him with my rocky balls. Samarener the Dwarf, 2019.
Undercity
User avatar
Bnet:

Syturio#2552


Posts: 182
Likes: 131
182 posts
Alliance
Alliance 182 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

@teebling I have this bad habit of opening tons of browser tabs with cool threads i would like to read later, it's getting out of hand :lol: Any plans to add a "Save" / "View later" threads feature? Reddit has something similar, youtube too for videos.

   teebling
ModeratorPrivate Message
Image
Ashenvale
User avatar
Posts: 204
Likes: 124
204 posts
Alliance
Shaman
Alliance Shaman 204 posts
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hey Teebs, is there anything you could do to make the Alliance and Horde banners more distinct from the Human and Orc banners? Maybe wider or larger somehow for the general faction banners?

I love checking what everyone is as I scroll through a topic, but these two always make me have to double check.

The Barrens
User avatar
Posts: 47
Likes: 17
47 posts
Orc
Warrior
Orc Warrior 47 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Syturio wrote:
2 months ago
@teebling I have this bad habit of opening tons of browser tabs with cool threads i would like to read later, it's getting out of hand :lol: Any plans to add a "Save" / "View later" threads feature? Reddit has something similar, youtube too for videos.
Would love this as well! Otherwise I must say it's an amazing design and forum. I'm really impressed.

Warrior Protection
User avatar
Discord:

teebling#5444


Bnet:

Teeb#2674


Posts: 1067
Likes: 1865
Orc Warrior 525 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Derek wrote:
1 month ago
Syturio wrote:
2 months ago
@teebling I have this bad habit of opening tons of browser tabs with cool threads i would like to read later, it's getting out of hand :lol: Any plans to add a "Save" / "View later" threads feature? Reddit has something similar, youtube too for videos.
Would love this as well! Otherwise I must say it's an amazing design and forum. I'm really impressed.
Just subscribe to the threads using the button at the bottom.

Then you can go to your user dropdown > subscriptions and they're all there in a list.

You'll receive notifications for any replies in those topics when they're on that list, which might be the only downside to this which you might not want.

Admin • Bug reportsAvatar requests
Image
There is nothing like watching a dead rogue not releasing his ghost so he can watch me slowly bleeding out, only to pop stoneform and teabag him with my rocky balls. Samarener the Dwarf, 2019.
Ashenvale
User avatar
Guild:

N/A


Bnet:

Warcry#11250


Posts: 36
Likes: 47
Night Elf Rogue 36 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I understand you have an addon that puts all the post in one page, however it might be confusing for new comers that have never used forum software. Any way to make it toggle-able for users? I would really love to see all the different forums/categories and a sidebar on the right or left with recent posts and another for recent topics.

 Blizzard Entertainment
You Think You Do, But You Don't.
Warrior Protection
User avatar
Discord:

teebling#5444


Bnet:

Teeb#2674


Posts: 1067
Likes: 1865
Orc Warrior 525 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hey Knox, the one forum system is working pretty well so far - I don’t think it needs to be changed.

   Syturio
Admin • Bug reportsAvatar requests
Image
There is nothing like watching a dead rogue not releasing his ghost so he can watch me slowly bleeding out, only to pop stoneform and teabag him with my rocky balls. Samarener the Dwarf, 2019.
Druid Feral
User avatar
Posts: 4
Likes: 1
Orc Druid 4 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Have you considered special functionality for guilds? Someone could create a guild, which spawns a private forum. He can give out an invite link (who register and instantly join), or specifically invite board members. There can also be public posts, like recruitment posts and such things. Include a way to list all guilds, filter per realm/faction and you have a winner!

Warrior Protection
User avatar
Discord:

teebling#5444


Bnet:

Teeb#2674


Posts: 1067
Likes: 1865
Orc Warrior 525 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

XGDragon wrote:
1 month ago
Have you considered special functionality for guilds? Someone could create a guild, which spawns a private forum. He can give out an invite link (who register and instantly join), or specifically invite board members. There can also be public posts, like recruitment posts and such things. Include a way to list all guilds, filter per realm/faction and you have a winner!
Hey XG, I have indeed considered this before but it is too much of a deviation from what this place is - a discussion forum.

As soon as guilds get involved it will be a nightmare to manage and also take a lot of development time to build.

Not to mention I personally know a few developers who are in the process of building standalone sites for this.

Good suggestion but I don’t plan on doing this at the moment.

Admin • Bug reportsAvatar requests
Image
There is nothing like watching a dead rogue not releasing his ghost so he can watch me slowly bleeding out, only to pop stoneform and teabag him with my rocky balls. Samarener the Dwarf, 2019.
Druid Feral
User avatar
Posts: 4
Likes: 1
Orc Druid 4 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

In that case, consider a Links tab where people can post their websites for various functionalities like the one I described. The link submissioms should be verified by you to combat spam. I'd love an aggregation of useful tools.

   Knoxtane
Warrior Protection
User avatar
Discord:

teebling#5444


Bnet:

Teeb#2674


Posts: 1067
Likes: 1865
Orc Warrior 525 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

XGDragon wrote:
1 month ago
In that case, consider a Links tab where people can post their websites for various functionalities like the one I described. The link submissioms should be verified by you to combat spam. I'd love an aggregation of useful tools.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1091

There are guild related things there too ^

Admin • Bug reportsAvatar requests
Image
There is nothing like watching a dead rogue not releasing his ghost so he can watch me slowly bleeding out, only to pop stoneform and teabag him with my rocky balls. Samarener the Dwarf, 2019.
Arathi Basin
User avatar
Guild:

GRIND


Posts: 263
Likes: 113
Undead Priest 262 posts
1 month ago (Beta)
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Maybe put a restriction on post with only 2 or 3 characters.

I mean a Post with just: "no" or "yes" is not that cool tbh.

Undead Priest @ <GRIND>
Twitch Channel, feel free to take a look :)!
Arathi Basin
User avatar
Guild:

GRIND


Posts: 263
Likes: 113
Undead Priest 262 posts
1 week ago (Beta)
1 week ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hello,
maybe show the thread name not the link if you post a link to a other thread here:

Image

   teebling
Undead Priest @ <GRIND>
Twitch Channel, feel free to take a look :)!
Ironforge
User avatar
Posts: 9
Likes: 3
Alliance Mage 9 posts
1 week ago (Beta)
1 week ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

All links that direct to different websites, should have a target='_blank' attribute.
With this attribute the user will not leave this site and instead a new tab will be opened.

   teebling
I never cover up the things I'm proud of. If the world was gonna split in half tomorrow, I’d buy the Dark Portal and slap a toll booth on it.
- Jastor Gallywix
Arathi Basin
User avatar
Guild:

GRIND


Posts: 263
Likes: 113
Undead Priest 262 posts
1 week ago (Beta)
1 week ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Also, could you add Classicdb as a known ressource? They offer a .js script which can you use... https://classicdb.ch/?item=20769
I am not a fan of wowhead...to overloaded...

Undead Priest @ <GRIND>
Twitch Channel, feel free to take a look :)!
Warrior Protection
User avatar
Discord:

teebling#5444


Bnet:

Teeb#2674


Posts: 1067
Likes: 1865
Orc Warrior 525 posts
1 week ago (Beta)
1 week ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

aeh wrote:
1 week ago
Also, could you add Classicdb as a known ressource? They offer a .js script which can you use... https://classicdb.ch/?item=20769
I am not a fan of wowhead...to overloaded...
Coming next patch.

This was actually implemented before when classic.db was an http site (insecure) - what that meant is that some people with certain browsers and OS couldn’t access bchat because I was hosting scripts to ‘unsecure sites’! So I took it off.

Classicdb is now https however so I will 100% be reintroducing it this patch.

   aeh
Admin • Bug reportsAvatar requests
Image
There is nothing like watching a dead rogue not releasing his ghost so he can watch me slowly bleeding out, only to pop stoneform and teabag him with my rocky balls. Samarener the Dwarf, 2019.
Arathi Basin
User avatar
Guild:

GRIND


Posts: 263
Likes: 113
Undead Priest 262 posts
1 week ago (Beta)
1 week ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
1 week ago
aeh wrote:
1 week ago
Also, could you add Classicdb as a known ressource? They offer a .js script which can you use... https://classicdb.ch/?item=20769
I am not a fan of wowhead...to overloaded...
Coming next patch.

This was actually implemented before when classic.db was an http site (insecure) - what that meant is that some people with certain browsers and OS couldn’t access bchat because I was hosting scripts to ‘unsecure sites’! So I took it off.

Classicdb is now https however so I will 100% be reintroducing it this patch.
Cool, thank you! <3

Undead Priest @ <GRIND>
Twitch Channel, feel free to take a look :)!
Similar topics
to 'Ideas and suggestions'
Posts ViewsLast post