Warrior Protection
User avatar
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Posts: 1257
Likes: 2425
Horde
Warrior

I spend a lot of time hunting through the wayback machine for old snippets of info, gifs, screenshots, art etc. to make into guides, avatars, customisation stuff etc. for the site. I've gotten pretty good at using it now. I come across fun stuff like that winrar skin and recently found something I thought was pretty cool.

'The journey of Brann' was a short illustrated story that was on the official website. It existed there before the game had even gone into beta and I thought maybe you guys would like to see what it looked like and have a read for nostalgia's sake or whatever.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Alterac Valley
User avatar
Posts: 64
Likes: 104
Troll
Priest

"...I have been privileged enough to sample a wide variety of exotic ales brewed by our human neighbours to the south."

No matter how long the adventure - it's important not to lose sight of your goals.

   Henhouse Pagwani
"Ya got my attention."

ImageImage
User avatar
EU Dreadmist
Posts: 192
Likes: 239
Horde

Nice find!

I really miss the old website, so much nostalgia.

Especially miss the spinning Azeroth logo:

Image

Rogue Combat
User avatar
US Whitemane
Posts: 211
Likes: 144
Orc
Rogue

Holy crap! I remember this! Thanks for posting this up! It took me back! :)

Deleted User 281
Posts:
Likes: 0
Deleted User 281

sweet, good read!;)

Warrior Protection
User avatar
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Posts: 1257
Likes: 2425
Horde
Warrior

Relik wrote:
6 months ago
Nice find!

I really miss the old website, so much nostalgia.

Especially miss the spinning Azeroth logo:

Image
I have been searching far and wide for the original frames of just the globe spinning so I can make an avatar out of it but it just isn’t there :(

User avatar
EU Dreadmist
Posts: 192
Likes: 239
Horde

teebling wrote:
6 months ago
Relik wrote:
6 months ago
Nice find!

I really miss the old website, so much nostalgia.

Especially miss the spinning Azeroth logo:

Image
I have been searching far and wide for the original frames of just the globe spinning so I can make an avatar out of it but it just isn’t there :(
Yeah that would've been cool. :cry:

Probably doesn't exist though, can't think of any reason the globe would've appeared anywhere without the text over it.

Deleted User 281
Posts:
Likes: 0
Deleted User 281

teebling wrote:
6 months ago
Relik wrote:
6 months ago
Nice find!

I really miss the old website, so much nostalgia.

Especially miss the spinning Azeroth logo:

Image
I have been searching far and wide for the original frames of just the globe spinning so I can make an avatar out of it but it just isn’t there :(
will those help ?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... 25vgejkQBP

tell me if the link doesnt work...sometimes google.drive sucks...

Warrior Protection
User avatar
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Posts: 1257
Likes: 2425
Horde
Warrior

Thanks but no, that won't do... like you said it's hard to get the frames for the globe on its own. Maybe I'll make one with the text overlaid anyway!

Druid Feral
User avatar
OC Yojamba
Posts: 826
Likes: 631
Tauren
Druid

Freaking awesome read Teebs! :eek:

ImageImage
Shaman Enhancement
User avatar
Posts: 332
Likes: 117
Troll
Shaman

These are amazing. I'd love to see an online WoW museum full of all these old things.

Gensei - Shaman, Bloodsail Buccaneers
Paladin Holy
User avatar
Posts: 21
Likes: 8
Alliance

Wow! Very cool find. You should put these up over on the subreddit.

Tirisfal Glades
User avatar
Posts: 196
Likes: 234
Undead
Mage

Fun! Good find

Our time will come.
Druid Feral
User avatar
OC Yojamba
Posts: 826
Likes: 631
Tauren
Druid

Is there any others @teebling?

ImageImage
Tanaris
User avatar
Posts: 58
Likes: 42
Tauren
Shaman

This is so nice. I love the old font and style. Wish there would be more of this.

Warrior Protection
User avatar
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Posts: 1257
Likes: 2425
Horde
Warrior

Selexin wrote:
5 months ago
Is there any others @teebling?
No that's it mate, that's all they published on Brann and his story :smile:

Winterspring
User avatar
Posts: 274
Likes: 207
Horde

That was great read! Good job Teeb! :)

Image
Druid Feral
User avatar
OC Yojamba
Posts: 826
Likes: 631
Tauren
Druid

teebling wrote:
5 months ago
Selexin wrote:
5 months ago
Is there any others @teebling?
No that's it mate, that's all they published on Brann and his story :smile:
Oh I meant is there any other stories for different characters?

ImageImage
Similar topics
to 'The journey of Brann'
Posts ViewsLast post