View results
Poll  •  Choose your faction
Mage Fire
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
Undead
Warlock
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

That's a tough choice for me! I was more inclined to join the Alliance and make a Horde alt (since I like to see both sides of the story), but the vast majority of my friends are going Horde, so I'm switching to a Forsaken main at launch.

Nyxt
ImageImage
Warrior Arms
US Incendius
Human
Warrior
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Derek wrote:
3 months ago
who do people pick Alliance more often than Horde?
If they're not human, they like the race and don't really care for the collective faction they're in. If they are then self-identifying as one is probably the biggest player here. Most people that play alliance nowadays are just the ones that didn't give in to the constant peer pressure from THOSE hordes. You know the kind, the ones with greasy neckbeards constantly throwing shit over to the blue side in every community site and forum.

...if we're talking 2004: LotR was still THE shit and 'For the horde!' wasn't a big thing yet.

Image Image
Warrior Arms
US Incendius
Human
Warrior
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

HaxO wrote:
3 months ago
Dang, I wanted to be the underdog...
I never got this. The absolute biggest and strongest playable races, bundled with the guys who refused to stay dead say they like the horde because they're the underdogs, yet when they crush in numbers, popularity and representation they seem to forget about being the "ragtag" group of outcasts and go full Garrosh with the superiority complex.

I've been getting some really mixed signals on this matter over the years.

Image Image
Blasted Lands
Horde
Priest
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Kradgger wrote:
2 months ago
HaxO wrote:
3 months ago
Dang, I wanted to be the underdog...
I never got this. The absolute biggest and strongest playable races, bundled with the guys who refused to stay dead say they like the horde because they're the underdogs, yet when they crush in numbers, popularity and representation they seem to forget about being the "ragtag" group of outcasts and go full Garrosh with the superiority complex.

I've been getting some really mixed signals on this matter over the years.
Well if you say you’re picking alliance a lot of the time people just laugh and try to bully you into picking the horde instead cause they’re “superior”, so it’s really no wonder horde fairs better on polls.

Horde is for the elite and Alliance is for the kiddos they say, but I’d rather have proper housing ;)

Kradgger
 Blizzard Entertainment
You think you do, but you don’t
Arathi Basin
Undead
Priest
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Elite will be on Alliance site at the end, just saying!

Undead Priest @ <GRIND>
Twitch Channel, feel free to take a look :)!
Teldrassil
EU Firemaw
Alliance
Priest
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I would say Elite will be on both sides. Both present potential for it.

The argument to go Horde because I want to be an underdog, I understand that. You want to be special and have your own rules, who doesnt.
Both factions have valid reasons to be played as. There is no such thing as kids or neckbeards playing Alliance or Horde exclusively. There are such players on both sides.
I feel like there is big difference between individual races of factions, therefore you shouldnt throw them in the same category. They might be in the same faction but lets face it, that doesnt mean they have the same interests.

Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Silverpine Forest
OC Felstriker
Undead
Warlock
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

for me horde has never been about being the underdogs or picking the bad guys. when i first started playing i was a night elf and loved the whole aesthetic of them. but just, being a part of the alliance as a faction... the feel was wrong. so i tried out horde instead and it just, felt way better. like it fit me more, can't really explain why. maybe it was the zones we got, the npcs, the cities. and i really hated stormwind ahah

Night Elf
Druid
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I main a druid and I just find the aesthetics of Night Elfs to be far superior to that of Taurens. That being said, if my friends decide to go Horde I'll most likely follow.

Teldrassil
EU Firemaw
Alliance
Priest
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

d3aths wrote:
2 months ago
for me horde has never been about being the underdogs or picking the bad guys. when i first started playing i was a night elf and loved the whole aesthetic of them. but just, being a part of the alliance as a faction... the feel was wrong. so i tried out horde instead and it just, felt way better. like it fit me more, can't really explain why. maybe it was the zones we got, the npcs, the cities. and i really hated stormwind ahah
You say it isnt about being underdog for you, but your logo, profile banner and name say otherwise, you seem like typical edge lord, anime anti-hero. :smile:

Isomena
Blasted Lands
Horde
Priest
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Easycap wrote:
2 months ago
I main a druid and I just find the aesthetics of Night Elfs to be far superior to that of Taurens. That being said, if my friends decide to go Horde I'll most likely follow.
Who needs friends when you have the superior Druid :mrgreen:

Selexin
 Blizzard Entertainment
Silverpine Forest
OC Felstriker
Undead
Warlock
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Faendor wrote:
2 months ago
d3aths wrote:
2 months ago
You say it isnt about being underdog for you, but your logo, profile banner and name say otherwise, you seem like typical edge lord, anime anti-hero. :smile:
lol? thats not really anything to do with being an underdog or "edgelord" which is just a cringey as fuck term, i just prefer darker stuff? my sig and avatars is just sylvanas

Teldrassil
EU Firemaw
Alliance
Priest
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

d3aths wrote:
2 months ago
Faendor wrote:
2 months ago
d3aths wrote:
2 months ago
lol? thats not really anything to do with being an underdog or "edgelord" which is just a cringey as fuck term, i just prefer darker stuff? my sig and avatars is just sylvanas
I quess I misunderstood the term underdog, sorry.

Eastern Plaguelands
Horde
Paladin
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

can i vote both?

Arathi Basin
Undead
Priest
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

To many Horde, please play Alliance, ty :)

Thundersfury
Undead Priest @ <GRIND>
Twitch Channel, feel free to take a look :)!
Blasted Lands
Horde
Priest
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Elian wrote:
2 months ago
can i vote both?

Elian teebling
 Blizzard Entertainment
Eastern Plaguelands
Horde
Paladin
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

My guy Tec knows what's up

Tec
Deadwind Pass
US Herod
Orc
Warrior
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

WE DA HORDE NEVA GIVE UP

Selexin
<WAR>
Herod - PvP
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I am a bit torn on this one. I played every race back in the beginning ( sorry folks not gonna call it a flavor) and prefer Dwarves/Humans for alliance and Undead/orcs for The Horde the most, but I can't decide which I want to start with. Running an undead mage in retail right now so maybe Alliance to start.

Tirisfal Glades
EU Gehennas
Undead
Rogue
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Ashenvale
Tauren
Druid
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Seems that I'll be going horde, since all my friends are going to roll horde this time.

Mage Frost
Gnome
Mage
1 month ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'm going alliance cos I have a friend that wants to play paladin