View results
Poll  •  What Class will you be playing?
Priest Holy
User avatar
Posts: 106
Likes: 124
Alliance
Priest

Alright, Priest it is. I'm committing.

It now has 2 votes. :wink:

   Alnir Selexin solidlobster
Human Priest
<Pertento> [EU-PvP]


Image
Silverpine Forest
User avatar
Posts: 45
Likes: 36
Human
Mage

I guess I'll see you guys at Northshire. I wear cloth too! But, ummm, don't ask me about the Light...

   Alnir SweaterMonster
Don't wait for the world to accept you to try and be happy.
Druid Feral
User avatar
OC Yojamba
Posts: 899
Likes: 712
Tauren
Druid

Great to see the discussions, and also large representation for druids too. Peace be with you fellow druids, may your spirit guide you to favorable fortunes.

ImageImage Lvl 45
ImageImage Lvl 35
Deleted User 281
Posts:
Likes: 0
Deleted User 281

Priest!;)
But not as dwarf as I had originally planned...just picking a race for one specific racial is something I might have done back in the day; instead I will just look for a guild that is willing to accept non-dwarf priests into their raids.

   Iolden Alnir Faendor Selexin
Silverpine Forest
User avatar
Posts: 45
Likes: 36
Human
Mage

Some of us want to create a suboptimal for fun EU Alliance PvP guild, if it sparks your interest.

Don't wait for the world to accept you to try and be happy.
Alterac Valley
User avatar
Posts: 64
Likes: 104
Troll
Priest

Alnir wrote:
7 months ago
William wrote:
7 months ago
Well now I feel like I have to embrace the light...
That's decided then! I'll play... a...
Paladin!
:lol: This is not the outcome I had in mind! There is no way I'll be playing a dwarf...cont.
But dwarfs are literally like.. the best?!

   Toastea
"Ya got my attention."

ImageImage
User avatar
Posts: 59
Likes: 25
Alliance

Iolden wrote:
7 months ago
Some of us want to create a suboptimal for fun EU Alliance PvP guild, if it sparks your interest.
Define suboptimal.

Thunder Bluff
User avatar
Posts: 68
Likes: 64
Tauren
Druid

Quaria wrote:
7 months ago
Iolden wrote:
7 months ago
Some of us want to create a suboptimal for fun EU Alliance PvP guild, if it sparks your interest.
Define suboptimal.
sub·op·ti·mal
/səbˈäptəməl/
adjective
of less than the highest standard or quality.

:wink: :lol:

Nala - Feral Druid - Grobbulus
"May the eternal sun shine upon thee"
Image
Silverpine Forest
User avatar
Posts: 45
Likes: 36
Human
Mage

Quaria wrote:
7 months ago
Iolden wrote:
7 months ago
Some of us want to create a suboptimal for fun EU Alliance PvP guild, if it sparks your interest.
Define suboptimal.
Not the ideal combination of attributes.
Human Priests, Arcane Mage, not many hours of playtime, not minmaxers, the whole casual package.

   Quaria
Don't wait for the world to accept you to try and be happy.
Shaman Enhancement
User avatar
US Blaumeux
Posts: 29
Likes: 24
Horde
Shaman

Even before Vanilla released, I always wanted to play an Orc Shaman. Due to circumstances however (friends playing Alliance, etc.) I went Gnome Warrior. Must admit, loved roleplaying the lil' guy.

Now, I am finally rolling an Orc Shaman! Cannot wait!

   Quaria SweaterMonster Selexin
Image
Teldrassil
User avatar
EU Firemaw
Posts: 433
Likes: 208
Alliance
Priest

I am also undecided yet, Im choosing between Priest, Druid and Warlock. I have chosen Priest in the poll though as it is the most likely choice for me right now.

   Selexin
Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Ashenvale
User avatar
Posts: 270
Likes: 160
Alliance
Shaman

Iolden wrote:
7 months ago
Quaria wrote:
7 months ago
Iolden wrote:
7 months ago
Some of us want to create a suboptimal for fun EU Alliance PvP guild, if it sparks your interest.
Define suboptimal.
Not the ideal combination of attributes.
Human Priests, Arcane Mage, not many hours of playtime, not minmaxers, the whole casual package.


I've played a dwarf priest in PvP and let me tell you: Fear ward is for PvE, not PvP. In PvP a warlock will just cast fear again and a priest will have purged you before casting psychic scream. Anytime a shaman is near he'll purge it too.

The actual useful skill for PvP is Desperate Prayer, which both humans and dwarves have. Night Elves lose out because Shadowmeld is almost certainly not going to protect casts in 1.13.

However, a priest might go Dwarf to be more valuable in PvE in hopes of being THE guild shadow priest and getting the shadow gear/not having to respec. Essentially, Fear Ward is a PvE bargaining chip that may benefit a PvPer behind the scenes but its usefulness in PvP was limited unless you were casting in on a non-heavy purge class (Warrior, Rogue, Hunter, etc.).

But....I must say Stoneform is OP. I never realized how good it was until I put on the Deviate Delight costume and then rogues were trying to blind me all the time because they didn't realize I was a dwarf. Much, MUCH, bigger difference than Fear Ward could ever make in PvP, but you're never going to get blinded anyway if your priest never makes it to level 30 so play the thing you like.

   teebling
Eastern Plaguelands
User avatar
US Faerlina
Posts: 321
Likes: 245
Horde

Fear Ward is a ridiculous 30 second CD in Vanilla. If you time it correctly there’s no reason for it to be purged before being used. Stoneform breaks Blind in Vanilla.
Human is fine but let’s not try to act like Dwarf isn’t superior for PvP.

E: I’ll be maining Rogue and spending a lot of time contesting Devilsaur skins in Un’Goro.

Image
Teldrassil
User avatar
EU Firemaw
Posts: 433
Likes: 208
Alliance
Priest

Linguine wrote:
7 months ago
I've played a dwarf priest in PvP and let me tell you: Fear ward is for PvE, not PvP. In PvP a warlock will just cast fear again and a priest will have purged you before casting psychic scream. Anytime a shaman is near he'll purge it too.

The actual useful skill for PvP is Desperate Prayer, which both humans and dwarves have. Night Elves lose out because Shadowmeld is almost certainly not going to protect casts in 1.13.

However, a priest might go Dwarf to be more valuable in PvE in hopes of being THE guild shadow priest and getting the shadow gear/not having to respec. Essentially, Fear Ward is a PvE bargaining chip that may benefit a PvPer behind the scenes but its usefulness in PvP was limited unless you were casting in on a non-heavy purge class (Warrior, Rogue, Hunter, etc.).

But....I must say Stoneform is OP. I never realized how good it was until I put on the Deviate Delight costume and then rogues were trying to blind me all the time because they didn't realize I was a dwarf. Much, MUCH, bigger difference than Fear Ward could ever make in PvP. It's always up because a lot of rogues will turn around and blind someone else and not you.
You have missed out on Stoneform which is also very good in pvp besides Desperate Prayer. Ability to get rid of poisons and bleeds is pretty good for a priest in PVP.

Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Undercity
User avatar
EU Shazzrah
Posts: 182
Likes: 140
Horde
Rogue

More druids than rogues? What the hell 😲

ModeratorPrivate Message
Image
Druid Feral
User avatar
OC Yojamba
Posts: 899
Likes: 712
Tauren
Druid

Syturio wrote:
7 months ago
More druids than rogues? What the hell 😲
We're rogues that can heal, tank and cast spells.... Why not?! :lol:

ImageImage Lvl 45
ImageImage Lvl 35
Ashenvale
User avatar
Posts: 270
Likes: 160
Alliance
Shaman

Faendor wrote:
7 months ago
Linguine wrote:
7 months ago
But....I must say Stoneform is OP. I never realized how good it was until I put on the Deviate Delight costume and then rogues were trying to blind me all the time because they didn't realize I was a dwarf. Much, MUCH, bigger difference than Fear Ward could ever make in PvP. It's always up because a lot of rogues will turn around and blind someone else and not you.
You have missed out on Stoneform which is also very good in pvp besides Desperate Prayer. Ability to get rid of poisons and bleeds is pretty good for a priest in PVP.
I tried to bold it to draw attention to it, but it appears that being tacked on as the final paragraph was too much. :eek:
Jpy wrote:
7 months ago
Fear Ward is a ridiculous 30 second CD in Vanilla. If you time it correctly there’s no reason for it to be purged before being used. Stoneform breaks Blind in Vanilla.
Human is fine but let’s not try to act like Dwarf isn’t superior for PvP.
I thought the same about fear ward until I played it. It did help against warriors since they have a 3 min cd and cannot purge, but it was not nearly as stellar as I thought it would be. Maybe there were too many good pvpers on the private servers for it to work right? That giant cast animation doesn’t help either.

Priest Holy
User avatar
Posts: 106
Likes: 124
Alliance
Priest

Low population of both Shaman and Paladin on this poll. I wonder if that'll reflect in-game for these two faction specific classes.

Human Priest
<Pertento> [EU-PvP]


Image
Teldrassil
User avatar
EU Firemaw
Posts: 433
Likes: 208
Alliance
Priest

@William Remember that pala and shaman are faction restricted meanwhile other classes can be both factions meanung there will be more of them overall.

Faendur, the Creepy Dwarf
Mulgore
User avatar
EU Firemaw
Posts: 28
Likes: 24
Troll
Rogue

Selexin wrote:
7 months ago
Syturio wrote:
7 months ago
More druids than rogues? What the hell 😲
We're rogues that can heal, tank and cast spells.... Why not?! :lol:
It's a fairly low sample size so far, would be very surprised if we don't se a huge surge of rogues.
William wrote:
7 months ago
Low population of both Shaman and Paladin on this poll. I wonder if that'll reflect in-game for these two faction specific classes.
I think both Shaman and Paladin populations will be low, as they actually are the least played classes according to the data from the light's hope servers which can be seen here: https://lightshope.org/stats

Image
I like tea.
Priest Holy
User avatar
Posts: 106
Likes: 124
Alliance
Priest

So they are, with Druids only slightly ahead.

Makes sense then. I guess the biggest difference will be those who don't play private servers and just come back and roll a character for the fun of it.

Human Priest
<Pertento> [EU-PvP]


Image
Winterspring
User avatar
US Pagle
Posts: 24
Likes: 19
Night Elf
Druid

Faendor wrote:
7 months ago
@William Remember that pala and shaman are faction restricted meanwhile other classes can be both factions meanung there will be more of them overall.
Combine this with them both being seen as healers (a traditionally under played role) but not the healer (priest) and it's no surprise that they'd be underplayed.

With the stats from Light's Hope I'm actually surprised at how much Mage is trailing behind Rogue, Warlock, and Druid.

Tirisfal Glades
User avatar
Posts: 196
Likes: 234
Undead
Mage

Selexin wrote:
7 months ago
Hi guys, pretty typical question but with a Poll to help collate the information in one easy to read location. This poll is not for your alts or anything like that, this is for your main character that you will be focusing on as we head toward level 60 and beyond.

The poll does not allow for more options other than a short list, so I can't expand it to have specs/roles. @teebling Sticky?

Cheers, Selexin
I second the motion for sticky

Our time will come.
Hunter Beast Mastery
User avatar
Posts: 33
Likes: 35
Night Elf
Hunter

Anyone else surprised with so many druids?

Druid Feral
User avatar
OC Yojamba
Posts: 899
Likes: 712
Tauren
Druid

Oderlods wrote:
7 months ago
Anyone else surprised with so many druids?
Yes actually, and I would be surprised if this is reflected on live servers. I love druids though so I'm down with it.

This is a relatively small sample size, but if we can keep this post near the top of the forums hopefully everyone votes.

ImageImage Lvl 45
ImageImage Lvl 35
Similar topics
to 'What are you going to play/main?'
Posts ViewsLast post