Warlock Destruction
Horde Warlock 176 posts
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
  •  Unread

For those who don't know, Blizzard released a Classic Content release plan a few moments ago.

Leave your thoughts about them here and let's get hyped together! I'm really excited to have a bit more breathing space to run MC and Ony with my guild than was originally speculated, as well as having enough time to prepare for the world bosses. Not really sure about those pre-1.10 items they're talking about, nor the alleged post-1.10 changes they'll be keeping.

s1atancenturionJpyLinguineteeblingConfutatisCBXSweaterMonsterSelexinSyturio and 3 more users
Onwards, sons of perdition!
Teldrassil
EU Arathor
20 posts
Alliance
Warrior
Alliance Warrior 20 posts
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
  •  Unread

I'm just fine with everything they've outlined here but then again, my bar is set pretty low. If they released everything as it was during 1.12 with everything open and available I would've been fine with it. Just gief classic dangit.
But since it's staggered so to speak atm I do hope they leave an enormous amount of time between phases instead of the 3 months or something it was back then. It's exactly the need-everything-done-before-next-patch stress that I'm looking forward to get rid of.

edoslawskyteebling
ImageImage
Hillsbrad Foothills
Alliance Paladin 44 posts
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
  •  Unread

This is great news. Even if you were indifferent to how they would handle progressive itemization, the fact that Blizzard directly addressed a concern that was raised by the community shows that they are listening. I think that their community engagement has been lackluster thus far, but this was an unexpected treat and they deserve huge credit.

Splitting up the content into 6 phases instead of 4 is a great decision, and although I'm not intimately familiar with the patch 1.10 changes, I do think progressive itemization tied to the AQ effort is going to be a positive development for Classic. Trivializing content would have shortened the lifespan of the game.

Elwynn Forest
US Proudmoore
52 posts
Alliance
Paladin
Alliance Paladin 52 posts
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
  •  Unread

Very interesting. This might work out quite well.

Horde Rogue 5 posts
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
  •  Unread

Need PVP info

Eastern Plaguelands
Horde 162 posts
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
  •  Unread

Glad they decided to wait on Dire Maul.

Winterspring
Alliance Paladin 24 posts
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
  •  Unread

rijndael wrote:
2 weeks ago
This is great news. Even if you were indifferent to how they would handle progressive itemization, the fact that Blizzard directly addressed a concern that was raised by the community shows that they are listening.
I've always been on the side of "eh, it's more work and I don't think it's a huge issue", but I'm quite glad that they addressed it, even if they went the other way than I expected.

I'm going to guess that the delays are going to look like:

Phase 2: 2-4 months post-launch, enough time I think for the racers to hit max and start hitting up Ony and MC, but I could see it being 5 to 6 months if they find most people aren't leveling as fast as possible
Phase 3: 4 to 6 months after Phase 2, enough time for most people to clear Ony and MC
Phase 4: 3 months after Phase 3, enough time for guilds that started BWL on day 1 to make good progress if not clear it, and also not the biggest patch
Phase 5: 3 months after Phase 4, most guilds that started into BWL should have cleared or gotten close to clearing by now
Phase 6: 6 months after AQ actually opens

So even with my most rapid of estimates we're looking at 18 months of content updates. I think these will definitely vary though based on what they're seeing of global clear rates.

Ashenvale
Alliance Paladin 57 posts
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
  •  Unread

I'm a bit bummed on the Dire Maul release, not because keeping the loot back is a bad idea - it's a great idea - but because depending on its release time I might have to wait to get an epic mount.

However, seeing that Phase 2 is only Kazzak, Azuregos, and Dire Maul makes me believe Phase 2 will happen sooner rather than later, probably shortly after I mosy on up to level 60 after taking my time and enjoying myself. If it turns out that it's much later, well...I'm still not wasting all that extra gold to buy an epic mount and THEN do the quest.

However, for people who rush to 60 the timing and separation of Phase 2 is just what they need to keep it fresh. Probably a good thing that the 1st world boss kills won't just be whoever pulled together the most 60's anyhow.

Priest Holy
Alliance Priest 92 posts
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
  •  Unread

I'm so happy about this. I didn't play WoW for too long back during vanilla, as I've said before; however, it was clear through numerous discussions and videos about the subject that 4 content phases was just not going to be enough.

6 (7 with PvP) seems to be perfect, and with progressive itemisation on top. What a fantastic update.

That's two important blue posts regarding Classic in what, a week? Are we gearing up for a beta?

Human Priest
<Pertento> [EU-PvP]

Feralas
EU Ghostlands
525 posts
Horde
Hunter
Horde Hunter 525 posts
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
  •  Unread

Blizzard Entertainment
...we’re also aiming to capture what it felt like to play in a realm community in original WoW.
Great to hear language like this being used. Thoroughly satisfied with the announcement made - not only does it take into account concerns that we have raised here and elsewhere but also it shows that they’re pretty far long development wise.

For them to have that kind of intimate knowledge of patch itemisation could indicate that a lot of the core mechanics and UI are done and that they could now be focusing on database and content stuff.

IoldenCBXSweaterMonsterSelexin
Tirisfal Glades
Horde Priest 6 posts
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
  •  Unread

Sounds like they are really listening to community feedback and have a willingness to take that feedback into serious consideration. Really a breath of fresh air with how Blizzard has been operating lately.

CBX
Tanaris
Horde Shaman 37 posts
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
  •  Unread

Very happy to hear this news. It genuinely sounds like they want to please the fans. Let's hope they reconsider loot trading - not removing it but at least make it harder to exploit. They already showed they are willing to change their stance.

Scheyp
Paladin Holy
US Quel'Dorei
13 posts
13 posts
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
  •  Unread

I never really got into endgame back in Vanilla, but I did think it was odd that their early plan included content that invalidated each other. This way is much better, and it shows they continue to be giving people what they want!

Undercity
EU Ragnaros
162 posts
Alliance
Alliance 162 posts
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
  •  Unread

This is great news boys!

Moderator • Private Message
Druid Feral
Horde Druid 142 posts
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
  •  Unread

Yeh, this is a well thought out and considered response to their initial 4 phase plan. A lot of popular Classic WoW streamers were pushing for this change, and it is good to see it has been noticed and implemented. Great news all round, hype train building momentum now.

ImageImage
Thunder Bluff
US Moon Guard
53 posts
Horde
Druid
Horde Druid 53 posts
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
  •  Unread

This is awesome news to hear! I'm glad that there's more phases that we can look forward to, rather than having everything given to us quickly. I'm really interested to hear about how they'll set up PvP in Classic though.

Selexin
"May the eternal sun shine upon thee."
US Norgannon
3 posts
Alliance
Hunter
Alliance Hunter 3 posts
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
  •  Unread

Is having a debuff limit of 16 going to make Ony and MC easier than they originally were? Should Blizzard incorporate increasing the limit from 8 to 16 in one of the 5 additional phases?

US Alleria
30 posts
Alliance
Paladin
Alliance Paladin 30 posts
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
  •  Unread

This is excellent news - it feels like they genuinely care about community feedback and creating a legit Classic experience.

Priest Holy
Alliance Priest 92 posts
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
  •  Unread

SweaterMonster wrote:
2 weeks ago
This is awesome news to hear! I'm glad that there's more phases that we can look forward to, rather than having everything given to us quickly. I'm really interested to hear about how they'll set up PvP in Classic though.
Prevailing consensus is that the PvP update will be introduced somewhere between Phase 2 and 3, or during one of those.

For the first few months at least, there should be a significant amount of world PvP as a result. Hold onto your helmets.

NymisIoldenSweaterMonster
Human Priest
<Pertento> [EU-PvP]

Silverpine Forest
Alliance Mage 36 posts
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
  •  Unread

William wrote:
2 weeks ago
SweaterMonster wrote:
2 weeks ago
Prevailing consensus is that the PvP update will be introduced somewhere between Phase 2 and 3, or during one of those.

For the first few months at least, there should be a significant amount of world PvP as a result. Hold onto your helmets.
Even better. I want to get a good taste of glorious battle before going headlong into Alterac.

Don't wait for the world to accept you to try and be happy.
Mage Frost
EU Tarren Mill
10 posts
Horde
Mage
Horde Mage 10 posts
1 week ago
1 week ago
  •  Unread

Happy to hear that we're getting at least some progressive itemization, would still like the stats on items to also evolve like they originally did, but I get that it's difficult if they don't want to have to rely on fansites and such.

In general this plan is obviously a huge improvement on the previous one.

Iolden
Teldrassil
Alliance Druid 252 posts
1 week ago
1 week ago
  •  Unread

Linguine wrote:
2 weeks ago
I'm a bit bummed on the Dire Maul release, not because keeping the loot back is a bad idea - it's a great idea - but because depending on its release time I might have to wait to get an epic mount.

However, seeing that Phase 2 is only Kazzak, Azuregos, and Dire Maul makes me believe Phase 2 will happen sooner rather than later, probably shortly after I mosy on up to level 60 after taking my time and enjoying myself. If it turns out that it's much later, well...I'm still not wasting all that extra gold to buy an epic mount and THEN do the quest.

However, for people who rush to 60 the timing and separation of Phase 2 is just what they need to keep it fresh. Probably a good thing that the 1st world boss kills won't just be whoever pulled together the most 60's anyhow.
Thats cute that you think you would have money for that before DM comes ^^ jk

They claimed I didn't but I did...
Druid Feral
Horde Druid 142 posts
1 week ago
1 week ago
  •  Unread

Faendor wrote:
1 week ago
Yeh, I'll be in a constant state of poverty in Vanilla WoW, I am not one to farm gold. I'll have my basic mount hopefully not too long after hitting level 40, and doubt I'll ever get epic mount haha.

ImageImage
Teldrassil
Alliance Druid 252 posts
1 week ago
1 week ago
  •  Unread

Palas and locks have it easier with the discount on 60 mount, but it is still a lot of gold. Around 550

They claimed I didn't but I did...
Priest Holy
Alliance Priest 92 posts
1 week ago
1 week ago
  •  Unread

Selexin wrote:
1 week ago
Faendor wrote:
1 week ago
Yeh, I'll be in a constant state of poverty in Vanilla WoW, I am not one to farm gold. I'll have my basic mount hopefully not too long after hitting level 40, and doubt I'll ever get epic mount haha.
One of the reasons it's special though isn't it. Mounts are just handed to you on current WoW. No effort.

Completely different game, I know, but I much prefer the time investment required for rewards.

Human Priest
<Pertento> [EU-PvP]