What core abilities from one class would you add to another class if it was possible? Like a Warrior with the Mage cores (portals + free food), or a Hunter with healing abilities from Priests. Or maybe even Paladins with the Rogue's stealth + poisons!?
Here's a list I compiled with the most noticable abilities per class. Which one would you add to your class, or which class would be too OP if they had a combined skill?
• Shapeshift: You can freely shift into any form which contains:
- Bear: +10% threat and -5% dmg taken
- Cat: +5% melee dmg
- Moonkin: +5% spell dmg
- Tree: +5% healing
- Travel: +30% movement speed (outdoors)
• Pet: Gain the Tame Beast ability and all utility spells that come with it (including pet abilities like Charge).
• Portals: All teleport and portal spells.
• Free food: Conjure food/drink.
• Seals: All seals (they also apply to spells).
• Auras: Devotion, Retribution, Concentration, Shadow/Frost/Fire Resistance, Crusader auras.
• Heals: Gain Renew, Heal, Flash Heal, Prayer of Healing and Ressurection.
• Stealth: The ability to stealth.
• Poisons: Crippling/Instant/Deadly/Mind-numbing/Wound poison.
• Totems: Gain all Earth, Fire, Air, Water totems.
• Weapon enhancements: Rockbiter, Flametongue, Frostbrand and Windfury.
• Pet: Summon Imp/Voidwalker/Succubus/Felhunter/Felguard (including pet abilities like Blood Pact).
• Summoning portal
• Stances: You can freely change stance into:
- Battle: +5% melee or spell dmg
- Berserk: +10% melee or spell dmg AND +10% dmg taken
- Defensive: +10% threat and -5% dmg taken
Stealth on any class would be really strong.
Put Stealth on Shaman and call it Spirit Walk for that class immersion.
Then stealth around, set yourself up, target enemy and do your Lightning Bolt + Chain Lightning + Shock combo for big surprise.
I'd love a sort of dark paladin class, like a paladin and warlock combination. It'd be so cool to see a paladin that uses both the light and dark magics, warlock pets, and like some sort of light-infused health and soulstone.
Have you thought this through? Can you have two pets if you choose Warlock + Hunter or vice versa? Will you have both rage/energy and mana if you choose Rogue/Warrior + Priest?
You can have two pets at the same time, yeah. Works like BM hunter worked in Legion.
And you only gain the core benefits of the class which I listed. So Warriors would heal with rage and Rogues would shapeshift with Energy for example.
For dungeons/raids I’d think Warrior or Rogue with Shaman stuff would be really good. For solo/wPvP adding stealth or heals to a class that doesn’t already have that would be neat.
Paladin - Totems. Just let me be the buff bot I want to be. Seriously, I would love more pure support classes in MMOs, but almost everything is the tank-heal-dps trinity these days.
I think Druids having the ability to tame wild animals to be their pets or 'companions' would be pretty cool. You could basically just say since they can shape-shift into animals they're able to befriend them in a way, or even cast a druidic spell of some sorts.
Imagine being in travel form running beside another cheetah that's considered your companion, or DPSing as a feral and you have a lion beside you doing the same. Or even tanking and you have a battle bear buddy beside you taking damage off of you and could generate threat with abilities.
"May the eternal sun shine upon thee"
I think you could do something like this, but implement it only when entering a dungeon as a 3-man group or something. That way you can have this shared abilities which would be quite overpowered, to help you achieve a 5 man dungeon with 3 players. Otherwise, this kind of thing is purely for 'fun servers' and the realms of imagination. The balance of power would be completely destroyed in the game proper.