What core abilities from one class would you add to another class if it was possible? Like a Warrior with the Mage cores (portals + free food), or a Hunter with healing abilities from Priests. Or maybe even Paladins with the Rogue's stealth + poisons!?
Here's a list I compiled with the most noticable abilities per class. Which one would you add to your class, or which class would be too OP if they had a combined skill?
• Shapeshift: You can freely shift into any form which contains:
- Bear: +10% threat and -5% dmg taken
- Cat: +5% melee dmg
- Moonkin: +5% spell dmg
- Tree: +5% healing
- Travel: +30% movement speed (outdoors)
• Pet: Gain the Tame Beast ability and all utility spells that come with it (including pet abilities like Charge).
• Portals: All teleport and portal spells.
• Free food: Conjure food/drink.
• Seals: All seals (they also apply to spells).
• Auras: Devotion, Retribution, Concentration, Shadow/Frost/Fire Resistance, Crusader auras.
• Heals: Gain Renew, Heal, Flash Heal, Prayer of Healing and Ressurection.
• Stealth: The ability to stealth.
• Poisons: Crippling/Instant/Deadly/Mind-numbing/Wound poison.
• Totems: Gain all Earth, Fire, Air, Water totems.
• Weapon enhancements: Rockbiter, Flametongue, Frostbrand and Windfury.
• Pet: Summon Imp/Voidwalker/Succubus/Felhunter/Felguard (including pet abilities like Blood Pact).
• Summoning portal
• Stances: You can freely change stance into:
- Battle: +5% melee or spell dmg
- Berserk: +10% melee or spell dmg AND +10% dmg taken
- Defensive: +10% threat and -5% dmg taken
You can have two pets at the same time, yeah. Works like BM hunter worked in Legion.
And you only gain the core benefits of the class which I listed. So Warriors would heal with rage and Rogues would shapeshift with Energy for example.
Hunter with shapeshift, so they can meld into animal form alongside their companion.
That would be cool.
I think Druids having the ability to tame wild animals to be their pets or 'companions' would be pretty cool. You could basically just say since they can shape-shift into animals they're able to befriend them in a way, or even cast a druidic spell of some sorts.
Imagine being in travel form running beside another cheetah that's considered your companion, or DPSing as a feral and you have a lion beside you doing the same. Or even tanking and you have a battle bear buddy beside you taking damage off of you and could generate threat with abilities.
I think you could do something like this, but implement it only when entering a dungeon as a 3-man group or something. That way you can have this shared abilities which would be quite overpowered, to help you achieve a 5 man dungeon with 3 players. Otherwise, this kind of thing is purely for 'fun servers' and the realms of imagination. The balance of power would be completely destroyed in the game proper.