Warlock Affliction
User avatar
US Atiesh
donator Posts: 146
Likes: 101
Alliance
Hunter

Was PvPing on a classic server and just found out something odd. Kills I made while using eyes of the beast didn't count as honorable kills. Anyone know why that is, and if it was actually like that during classic? Kind of a bummer.

Tanaris
User avatar
donator Posts: 58
Likes: 42
Tauren
Shaman

I can't answer your question but is that something hunters do? Maybe your character was too far away for you to get the kill. Why would you use eyes of the beast in PvP for other that scouting?

Warrior Protection
User avatar
EU Hydraxian Waterlords
donator Posts: 1321
Likes: 2536
Orc
Warrior

Perhaps the floating ‘HK: Rank’ text appears by your main character and not your viewing point? Did you check the character window after a kill?

After all this could just be an emulation bug :)

Warlock Affliction
User avatar
US Atiesh
donator Posts: 146
Likes: 101
Alliance
Hunter

CBX wrote:
8 months ago
I can't answer your question but is that something hunters do? Maybe your character was too far away for you to get the kill. Why would you use eyes of the beast in PvP for other that scouting?
I was also thinking it might have to do with range. Answer to your second question is just because it works, and eliminates risk. My pet is pretty strong and has no problem solo killing most players my level and below. Pet also moves faster than anyone can run, and doesn't take falling damage.
teebling wrote:
8 months ago
Perhaps the floating ‘HK: Rank’ text appears by your main character and not your viewing point? Did you check the character window after a kill?

After all this could just be an emulation bug :)
Yea I did check the honor window and they didn't count. I see the honorable kill symbol floating after the kill but they don't register as honorable kills in the viewing pane.

I'm not sure if it's an emulation bug or not since I didn't play hunter in vanilla.

Warsong Gulch
User avatar
donator Posts: 3
Likes: 2
Horde

You never get credit for anything only your pet does. Like you wouldn't get any loot or xp from a mob your pet takes from 100% to 0 without your help. One point of damage from your character is enough to get full credit though.

   Sporks Black Monarch
Warlock Affliction
User avatar
US Atiesh
donator Posts: 146
Likes: 101
Alliance
Hunter

n_i_h wrote:
8 months ago
You never get credit for anything only your pet does. Like you wouldn't get any loot or xp from a mob your pet takes from 100% to 0 without your help. One point of damage from your character is enough to get full credit though.
That's a bummer. Wonder what the reasoning behind that is...

Tirisfal Glades
User avatar
donator Posts: 196
Likes: 234
Undead
Mage

DoomC wrote:
8 months ago
n_i_h wrote:
8 months ago
You never get credit for anything only your pet does. Like you wouldn't get any loot or xp from a mob your pet takes from 100% to 0 without your help. One point of damage from your character is enough to get full credit though.
That's a bummer. Wonder what the reasoning behind that is...
You're funny :lol:

   Sporks
Our time will come.
Warlock Destruction
User avatar
EU Firemaw
donator Posts: 298
Likes: 342
Undead
Warlock

@DoomC Well, otherwise you could just AFK camp some random point for exp by setting the pet on aggressive. It's a way of allowing you to gain exp without doing anything basically. At least that how I'd see it.

Druid Feral
User avatar
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 944
Likes: 742
Tauren
Druid

Yes, it prevents AFK farming. Set yourself down somewhere as a BM hunter with lower level XP granting mobs around, set pet to agressive and walk away. With things like spirit bond and some buffs, the pet will basically just keep on keeping on while you're off having a nap.

ImageImage Lvl 60
ImageImage Lvl 35
Warlock Affliction
User avatar
US Atiesh
donator Posts: 146
Likes: 101
Alliance
Hunter

Nymis wrote:
8 months ago
@DoomC Well, otherwise you could just AFK camp some random point for exp by setting the pet on aggressive. It's a way of allowing you to gain exp without doing anything basically. At least that how I'd see it.
Selexin wrote:
8 months ago
Yes, it prevents AFK farming. Set yourself down somewhere as a BM hunter with lower level XP granting mobs around, set pet to agressive and walk away. With things like spirit bond and some buffs, the pet will basically just keep on keeping on while you're off having a nap.
Never considered that. I don't see why they'd also apply this to honor kills though.

Priest Holy
User avatar
donator Posts: 106
Likes: 124
Alliance
Priest

Likely because there's nothing honourable about it.

Human Priest
<Pertento> [EU-PvP]


Image
Druid Feral
User avatar
OC Yojamba
donator Posts: 944
Likes: 742
Tauren
Druid

William wrote:
8 months ago
Likely because there's nothing honourable about it.
A blunt response, but a fair one.

   Sporks
ImageImage Lvl 60
ImageImage Lvl 35
Similar topics
to 'Hunter Pet Kills Aren't Counted As Honorable Kills?'
Posts ViewsLast post