Warlock Demonology
Horde Warlock 2
1 week ago
1 week ago
  •  Unread

What's the viability of a week 2 MC clear?

I could see hunters/druids/locks nolifing because fast leveling speeds week 1 but for warriors, priests, rogues, etc I'm not sure how viable it is.

Thoughts? I feel the gear requirement is less steep on 1.12 for an MC clear as long as you have 40 prepared people.

Warlock Destruction
Horde Warlock 128
1 week ago
1 week ago
  •  Unread

I believe <GRIZZLY> managed to pull a 12 day MC clear on Elysium. Definitely possible. I remember watching an interview with one of the former members and the key thing about it was that as soon as players got to 60 they stopped whatever they were doing and started helping others get to 60.

Onwards, sons of perdition!
Tirisfal Glades
US Stormscale
Horde
Mage
Horde Mage 30
1 week ago
1 week ago
  •  Unread

I think the possibility that we see guild groups fully clearing MC at the 2 week mark is low. First, I think there are many things that are currently taken for granted when it comes to leveling and preparing a raid group for a world first type of push. However, I feel that a motivated (and highly caffeinated) guild could potentially make this happen. Here are a few thing just off the top of my head:
1. Best case scenario: Motivated guilds should not have too much of a problem getting people to level 60 within 45-60 hours /played. They will, in turn, have to grind the other raiders up to 60. I would put this at 3-4 day if people are going sleepless. Give people a day to recover and you are looking at 5 days to get 40 people where they can start farming gear and leveling professions. Granted, there will be passive gear and profession gains during leveling. If the support for a 40 main raid is set by day 7-8 that still gives almost a full week to clear MC.
2. Worst Case Scenario: Everyone is starting from ground zero. 0 gold, 0 economy, level 0 professions. Enchants, flasks, crafted ear are all going to take a chunk of time to get to a point where they support a 40+ person effort. Foregoing some of these support mechanisms while jumping into MC on limited gear-grind time could be extremely detrimental to the raid effort. Ounces make pounds and in the world of raid prep those extra points in intellect and stamina are going to be crucial at this point in the game. Additionally, there will be little to no resources to pull from in regards to auction house or from other people or guilds who are still far back in the leveling process.
Without gold no one can repair. If no one can repair then that's it for the raid. A week's worth of wipes will clean out what little gold raiders will have at this point. Since everyone up to this point will have been pouring resources into the raid effort it is unlikely that their gold stores will be able to sustain costly repair bills let alone purchasing a mount (or epic mount).
Lastly, when was the last time you saw a world-first guild running a 40-person raid? I'm not saying an MC run can't happen in the first 2 weeks but I feel it is highly unlikely. Let this be a challenge to potential guilds! Take this time to recruit 50-60 people to be ready to crash into classic MC to get that world first Rag kill before the 3rd week!

teebling
Our time will come.
Priest Holy
Alliance Priest 77
1 week ago
1 week ago
  •  Unread

Cletus wrote:
1 week ago
I think the possibility that we see guild groups fully clearing MC at the 2 week mark is low. First, I think there are many things that are currently taken for granted when it comes to leveling and preparing a raid group for a world first type of push. However, I feel that a motivated (and highly caffeinated) guild could potentially make this happen. Here are a few thing just off the top of my head:
1. Best case scenario: Motivated guilds should not have too much of a problem getting people to level 60 within 45-60 hours /played. They will, in turn, have to grind the other raiders up to 60. I would put this at 3-4 day if people are going sleepless. Give people a day to recover and you are looking at 5 days to get 40 people where they can start farming gear and leveling professions. Granted, there will be passive gear and profession gains during leveling. If the support for a 40 main raid is set by day 7-8 that still gives almost a full week to clear MC.
2. Worst Case Scenario: Everyone is starting from ground zero. 0 gold, 0 economy, level 0 professions. Enchants, flasks, crafted ear are all going to take a chunk of time to get to a point where they support a 40+ person effort. Foregoing some of these support mechanisms while jumping into MC on limited gear-grind time could be extremely detrimental to the raid effort. Ounces make pounds and in the world of raid prep those extra points in intellect and stamina are going to be crucial at this point in the game. Additionally, there will be little to no resources to pull from in regards to auction house or from other people or guilds who are still far back in the leveling process.
Without gold no one can repair. If no one can repair then that's it for the raid. A week's worth of wipes will clean out what little gold raiders will have at this point. Since everyone up to this point will have been pouring resources into the raid effort it is unlikely that their gold stores will be able to sustain costly repair bills let alone purchasing a mount (or epic mount).
Lastly, when was the last time you saw a world-first guild running a 40-person raid? I'm not saying an MC run can't happen in the first 2 weeks but I feel it is highly unlikely. Let this be a challenge to potential guilds! Take this time to recruit 50-60 people to be ready to crash into classic MC to get that world first Rag kill before the 3rd week!
here's an unpopular opinion:
lets not forget that all the top raiding guilds attempting this will also have to deal with getting each other right-click autobanned just to stay ahead of the others...same as with server first lvl 60 rush, farming spots, etc.

The Hype is real - Vanilla is tasty!

By the Light be Purged!

Arathi Basin
US Kul Tiras
Horde
Priest
Horde Priest 25
1 week ago
1 week ago
  •  Unread

A 2 week clear on MC is (somewhat) possible. This feat of strength is entirely dependant on how the "world first race" is going at the time of release. If it is the low season, I could see the ultra-hard-core group jumping in on this.

Otherwise, the standard hard-core group is going to shine here and I believe that a 2-week kill is unlikely. Leveling is much more lethargic and unscripted. Gearing is much more challenging and slower than we are all used to.

A 3 week clear is definitely realistic, but its because we're "re-doing" encounters that we were familiar with a decade (plus) ago. Someone's got a dusty powerpoint or 240p video to bring to the fight. Versus the initial pulls, we all did with "do we de-curse that on everyone or just a couple key people"

Dolamite
Undead Priest
<Extreme>
Mal'Ganis
November 2004
Ashenvale
Alliance Paladin 43
6 days ago
6 days ago
  •  Unread

I don't know how hardcore the guilds on Lightshope/Northdale/Elysium are, but for Kronos there were two very hardcore guilds and I expect that at least one of them will be able to pull together its members long enough again to do this on classic's release.

The alliance one dictated what race you were allowed to play for each class except Paladin, and I know the Horde one was likely doing the same if your class could be a troll.

The guilds were so focused on getting server first for MC that at least one of them wasn't even looting the bosses as it killed them.

Priest Holy
Alliance Priest 64
6 days ago
6 days ago
  •  Unread

It'll be cool to see if people manage it.

I have no interest in going that hardcore, and I don't have the life to even sustain an attempt. :biggrin:

Waiting for WoW Classic
Human Priest

"I come to cleanse this land."

Tirisfal Glades
US Stormscale
Horde
Mage
Horde Mage 30
6 days ago
6 days ago
  •  Unread

William wrote:
6 days ago
It'll be cool to see if people manage it.

I have no interest in going that hardcore, and I don't have the life to even sustain an attempt. :biggrin:
Ya man, it's one thing to be a server first 60 and quite another to go server first in a raid. Getting 40 people to be on par for both will be an incredible feat inside the 3 week mark and exhausting inside a month. Good luck to those who make the attempt and may god have mercy on their souls and sanity.

Our time will come.