Warsong Gulch
User avatar
Posts: 92
Likes: 51
92 posts
Horde
Mage
Horde Mage 92 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Fellows,

As a die horde horde player I was always wondering if the Classic battlegrounds (WSG, AB and AV) are fairly executed in terms of opposing factions? Would be really interested in having some insight from players, who competed in those from both - Horde and Alliance - sides.

From your point of view, are there any advantages/disadvantages in choosing certain faction?

   centurion
- anno 2005.
Silverpine Forest
User avatar
Bnet:

Cinnabar#21321


Posts: 39
Likes: 35
39 posts
Alliance
Mage
Alliance Mage 39 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

If you are Horde, you are very likely to feel a heavy disadvantage in Alterac Valley, according to the history books.

Don't wait for the world to accept you to try and be happy.
Shaman Enhancement
User avatar
Discord:

teebling#5444


Bnet:

Teeb#2674


Posts: 837
Likes: 1258
Orc Hunter 525 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Grats on level 20 Razor :)

I think that with the exception of AV, there aren’t really many terrain advantages and therefore no real advantages from a completely objective point of view. Bugs like wall jumping that were abused by both sides in early vanilla days won’t be present as they were patched long before 1.12...

However different servers will have a different calibre of players on each side, and it is confirmed that there will be no cross-realm BGs in Classic. Therefore it will depend greatly on your realm’s situation.

For example on EU Ghostlands in WOTLK onwards Ally were awful mid-fighters in WSG and road-fighters in AB (the two bgs i really got into). When I faction changed to Horde I noticed a big difference in coordination and just general team play - people actually talking to each other a bit!

Could be the complete opposite on the server I join for Classic so who knows really. To make too many generalisations about horde/ally players is futile as it will vary from place to place.

Paladin Protection
User avatar
Posts: 53
Likes: 60
53 posts
Human
Priest
Human Priest 53 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
2 months ago

For example on EU Ghostlands in WOTLK onwards Ally were awful mid-fighters in WSG and road-fighters in AB (the two bgs i really got into). When I faction changed to Horde I noticed a big difference in coordination and just general team play - people actually talking to each other a bit!

Could be the complete opposite on the server I join for Classic so who knows really. To make too many generalisations about horde/ally players is futile as it will vary from place to place.
I really hope that all of these years have allowed some personal growth in the PvP department for some Alliance players because I'd hate to be on a realm with such a drastic difference between both of the factions. Healing numpties just isn't the 'fun' PvP experience I'm looking forward to... :confused:

Image
Alterac Valley
User avatar
Bnet:

solidlobster


Posts: 65
Likes: 94
Troll Priest 65 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
2 months ago

However different servers will have a different calibre of players on each side, and it is confirmed that there will be no cross-realm BGs in Classic. Therefore it will depend greatly on your realm’s situation.
Aw really? Picking a realm just gained an extra level of complexity. :sad:

"Ya got my attention."

ImageImage
Warrior Fury
User avatar
Posts: 188
Likes: 77
188 posts
Horde
Horde 188 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Arathi Basin favours Horde a little bit more than Alliance I think, because of Blacksmith.

Alterac Valley is heavily favouring Alliance. The bunkers are harder to catch for Horde, and the towers are easier to catch for Alliance. Then there's that whole bridge at Alliance base which is the only way in unless you wall jumped your way in from behind.

Warsong Gulch I'm not sure.

Warsong Gulch
User avatar
Posts: 92
Likes: 51
92 posts
Horde
Mage
Horde Mage 92 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Alnir wrote:
2 months ago
I really hope that all of these years have allowed some personal growth in the PvP department for some Alliance players because I'd hate to be on a realm with such a drastic difference between both of the factions. Healing numpties just isn't the 'fun' PvP experience I'm looking forward to... :confused:
Hah, sweet dreams buddy. I reckon some people just have this style of recklessness and don't want to organize anything. So we should probably just get along with the fact, that zergs in the team is a normal state of being.

Anyway, good point. With all due respect, I've always thought that Horde has a somewhat more skilled player base PvP wise. Have no idea why, maybe some sort of psychological thing.

- anno 2005.
Warrior Protection
User avatar
Guild:

https://banish-guild


Posts: 18
Likes: 13
18 posts
Horde
Warrior
Horde Warrior 18 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Razor wrote:
2 months ago
Fellows,

As a die horde horde player I was always wondering if the Classic battlegrounds (WSG, AB and AV) are fairly executed in terms of opposing factions? Would be really interested in having some insight from players, who competed in those from both - Horde and Alliance - sides.

From your point of view, are there any advantages/disadvantages in choosing certain faction?
Horde will have a massive advantage in AV due to the backdoor jump at Alliance base. Unless Blizzard fixes it, in which case alliance will have the advantage instead.

“Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis
Warlock Destruction
User avatar
Guild:

Kor Kron Vanguard


Bnet:

Nym#21750


Posts: 239
Likes: 243
238 posts
Undead
Warlock
Undead Warlock 238 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

I believe they mentioned that they were fixing all the jumping bugs.

It's not a "massive" advantage, it's something that equalizes a bit the inherent advantage the Alliance has - they don't have to bother with any tricky jumps to skip horde bases.

Elwynn Forest
User avatar
Bnet:

J0smann#1807


Posts: 110
Likes: 67
110 posts
Alliance
Paladin
Alliance Paladin 110 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

I think AV has the biggest advantage which has already been mentioned. The bridge and bunkers give alliance a slight advantage. WSG is pretty equal imo. AB is also pretty equal but I kinda feel like horde has a very very slight advantage in layout, but it's negligible.

Warrior Arms
User avatar
Posts: 17
Likes: 7
17 posts
Human
Warrior
Human Warrior 17 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

I was Horde back in Vanilla. I remember AV (by far my favorite BG) being imbalanced, with the favor towards the Alliance. That being said, I was still apart of numerous victories, and every single AV match was a blast, even if we lost.

Tirisfal Glades
User avatar
Guild:

Insurgency


Posts: 102
Likes: 127
102 posts
Undead
Mage
Undead Mage 102 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

teebling wrote:
2 months ago

However different servers will have a different calibre of players on each side, and it is confirmed that there will be no cross-realm BGs in Classic. Therefore it will depend greatly on your realm’s situation.
Is it confirmed that there are no xrealm bg's?
I knew that xrealm dungeons and raids were definitely out but thought bg's were part of 1.12. I Know that battlegroups were still a thing as well so it wouldn't be like you are only stuck with only the players on your server but as a specific collective of servers.
Horde always did well in my previous battlegroup.

Our time will come.
Tirisfal Glades
User avatar
Guild:

Insurgency


Posts: 120
Likes: 72
120 posts
Undead
Priest
Undead Priest 120 posts
2 months ago (Pre-release)
2 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Mal'Ganis had a massively unbalanced Horde to Alliance ratio. It would cause my brother and I to roam WPL/EPL for hours on end waiting for a BG que to pop, just murdering anything that was red we encountered.

Once in the BGs - they seemed to just be even. I was part of TeamCB once server Xfer's came about (Mal'ganis to Kil'Jaeden Horde) and made it to LTG on my alt-account (sadly) before a military-move removed me from the ability to play wow for about a month and a half. (2005) It crushed my wow-soul knowing I would fall far far below the rank I had achieved and this would probably keep me from attaining HWL. Cletus was in the same boat, just in a different capacity; but we were both part of TeamCB back in the day. (GREAT 6min WSGs!)

So we may have a skewed viewpoint on how BG's were back then, we would spend HOURS on non-raid-days (for me) just cycling WSG over and over. But we did enjoy some 48 hour AV's as well. I just wish I would have run 1 account back then, instead of a Priest on one and a Warrior on another, soooooo many lost HK's.....

   teebling
Image
Similar topics
to 'Battlegrounds: are they fair?'
Posts ViewsLast post