Warrior Protection
Alliance Warrior 4 posts
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
  •  Unread

Duskwood. Spooky forest with undead and worgen? Yes please.

Shaman Enhancement
Horde Rogue 26 posts
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
  •  Unread

Stranglethorn Vietnam is the greatest zone imo.
I also like 1000 Needles but there's too few PvP going on because of the lack of Alliance quests/FP.

Tirisfal Glades
US Tichondrius
71 posts
Horde
Mage
Horde Mage 71 posts
2 weeks ago
2 weeks ago
  •  Unread

Fnonk wrote:
2 weeks ago
Eastern Plaguelands, it's the perfect high-level zone because of how dangerous it feels. There are elites on the road, your only real quest hub is this worn down church that looks like it'll break down any minute, and on the Horde side even your primary quest giver despises you, you're really just not welcome in this place.
All of the above + eerything is dead or dying, good pvp, fun quests. It where I hit 60 on my 1st toon :mrgreen:

Our time will come.
Tanaris
Horde Shaman 37 posts
1 week ago
1 week ago
  •  Unread

I hate to say it, but PvE wise I guess the Barrens? The zone is memed on a lot but I think for most Horde players from back then, no other zone left this kind of impression and mark on you. The size, the quests (makriks wife anyone?), the big level range, stupid zhevra hoofs and raptor heads, Alliance raiding crossroads. You spent hours and days there. THIS is the zone where you made your first steps towards other players and finding your rythm. It is also the one zone that is NEVER empty.

Druid Feral
Horde Druid 142 posts
1 week ago
1 week ago
  •  Unread

CBX wrote:
1 week ago
I hate to say it, but PvE wise I guess the Barrens? The zone is memed on a lot but I think for most Horde players from back then, no other zone left this kind of impression and mark on you. The size, the quests (makriks wife anyone?), the big level range, stupid zhevra hoofs and raptor heads, Alliance raiding crossroads. You spent hours and days there. THIS is the zone where you made your first steps towards other players and finding your rythm. It is also the one zone that is NEVER empty.
Yeh spot on dude, Barrens is actually really efficient and lively - I love it.

I also like Hillsbrad as horde, call me a martyr.

ImageImage
Warrior Arms
Horde Warrior 45 posts
5 days ago
5 days ago
  •  Unread

Alliance: Elwynn Forest
Horde: The Barrens

Both: STV

Selexin
Ashenvale
Horde Druid 9 posts
5 days ago
5 days ago
  •  Unread

Ashenvale without a doubt.

Ishnu-dal-dieb
Arathi Highlands
86 posts
5 days ago
5 days ago
  •  Unread

My dirty secret is that my favorite leveling zone of all time is the Cataclysm version of Stonetalon Mountains, but if we're only looking at vanilla, then Duskwood and Hillsbrad.

Toshiok - Troll Mage, Warsong Private Server Socks - Night Elf Druid, Elysium
Toshiok - Troll Mage, Kil'Jaeden US retail Dimaga - Human Warlock Lightbringer US retail, guild: Animus Invictus
Eastern Plaguelands
Horde Priest 9 posts
5 days ago
5 days ago
  •  Unread

Probably Tirisfal but I think the hinterlands and searing gorge are severely underrated.

Horde Rogue 3 posts
5 days ago
5 days ago
  •  Unread

Ashenvale. Still remember the first time going there on my undead rogue and being in awe of the aesthetics and music, not to mention the banking possibilities! It's a proper fantasy settings imo