Posts: 2
Likes: 3
Horde Warlock 2 posts
6 months ago (Pre-release)
6 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Hey guys, I am mulling over on what race I am going to pick for my hunter and I'm splitting hairs around orc vs troll
the biggest punch in the face is the troll feet, otherwise i think they are pretty cool and are a much better race for hunters.

Also I made this video going in depth with my toughts on EVERY SINGLE RACIAL IN GAME


please discuss on what you think is best for a hunter, what are your thoughts and doubts and so on!

Warrior Protection
User avatar
Discord:

teebling#5444


Bnet:

Teeb#2674


Posts: 1152
Likes: 2171
525 posts
Orc
Warrior
Orc Warrior 525 posts
6 months ago (Pre-release)
6 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Hey stink, check out my race/class comparison tool for a side-by-side look at different hunter options.

Personally I think min maxers will prefer troll because of the numerous DPS racial passives and cooldowns. PvPers will tend towards Orc for stun resistance, and casuals will like Command for levelling. Tauren for RPers because of the nature mastery kind of thing going on (despite lack of any synergy with the class in terms of racials).

   Alnir
User avatar
Posts: 59
Likes: 25
59 posts
Alliance
Alliance 59 posts
6 months ago (Pre-release)
6 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

I think you are undervaluating Shadowmeld (for non-rogue/druid) and Warstomp a little bit. Otherwise nice guide.

Posts: 2
Likes: 3
Horde Warlock 2 posts
6 months ago (Pre-release)
6 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Quaria wrote:
6 months ago
I think you are undervaluating Shadowmeld (for non-rogue/druid) and Warstomp a little bit. Otherwise nice guide.
thanks so much for checking it out, as far as those two are concerned i had my doubts but in my experiences i wasnt using them that often in the major portion of the game that is both leveling and pve

Teldrassil
User avatar
Discord:

Faendor#4087


Bnet:

Faendor#1224


Posts: 407
Likes: 194
405 posts
Night Elf
Priest
Night Elf Priest 405 posts
6 months ago (Pre-release)
6 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

It depends pretty much on what you wanna do in the game. Whether your focus will be pve or pvp and to what extent you wanna be competitive.

They claimed I didn't but I did...
Druid Feral
Posts: 119
Likes: 65
Tauren Druid 118 posts
6 months ago (Pre-release)
6 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

despite the good racials wow's looks for human males seems just too darn gay for me.

   teebling Selexin
Posts:
Likes: 0
Deleted User 281
Deleted User 281
6 months ago (Pre-release)
6 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Forsakenone wrote:
6 months ago
despite the good racials wow's looks for human males seems just too darn gay for me.
almost as bad as retail Tauren priests lol

Warlock Destruction
User avatar
Guild:

Kor Kron Vanguard


Bnet:

Nym#21750


Posts: 277
Likes: 319
276 posts
Undead
Warlock
Undead Warlock 276 posts
6 months ago (Pre-release)
6 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

I would not rank Hardiness below WotF. I would have a hard time finding arguments to rank them on the same level.

Undercity
User avatar
Posts: 31
Likes: 23
Undead 31 posts
6 months ago (Pre-release)
6 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

I would go Orc every time. Or Tauren for the luls and to be a random badass.

But honestly, I like to both PVP and PVE so going Orc seems like the best option to me overall.

Yes you will get an edge as troll in PVE but it's so minor compared to what the Orc racials mean in PVP. Stun resistance and that extra little petdmg for Lupos is just too good to pass on imo.

So if you are playing for server firsts in a hardcore guild and you want to get as high on the charts as possible you should pick troll.

Image
You can find me @ www.twitch.tv/fr0sk1
Warrior Protection
User avatar
Guild:

https://banish-guild


Posts: 18
Likes: 13
18 posts
Horde
Warrior
Horde Warrior 18 posts
5 months ago (Pre-release)
5 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

1. Make sure you are comfortable with the looks of the race you choose. You'll be staring at your character for tens of thousands of hours.
2. Make sure that race is Human or Orc.

“Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis
Druid Feral
User avatar
Guild:

<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats>


Discord:

RyderSelexin#1527


Bnet:

RyderSelexin#1781


Posts: 757
Likes: 554
525 posts
Tauren
Druid
Tauren Druid 525 posts
5 months ago (Pre-release)
5 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Storfan wrote:
5 months ago
1. Make sure you are comfortable with the looks of the race you choose. You'll be staring at your character for tens of thousands of hours.
2. Make sure that race is Human or Orc.
Hahah. I prefer Tauren in most cases - gentle yet powerful race. I do like Orcs too, but humans are so extremely common that I can't love them. Also they are alliance scum, which doesn't help.

ImageImage
Tirisfal Glades
User avatar
Guild:

Insurgency


Posts: 193
Likes: 231
188 posts
Undead
Mage
Undead Mage 188 posts
5 months ago (Pre-release)
5 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Interesting. Great name btw.

Our time will come.
Tirisfal Glades
User avatar
Guild:

Insurgency


Posts: 173
Likes: 130
172 posts
Undead
Priest
Undead Priest 172 posts
5 months ago (Pre-release)
5 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Stinkfist! That's my Shaman's name. I'm picking my race purely because I want to be Undead.

Will of the Forsaken (WOTF) is pretty strong in Vanilla, and since I'll be a warrior I'll be pretty good vs fear in PVP or when tanking; since a lot of Vanilla had fear mechanics.

But regardless of my racial ability - I'd still be Undead!

Image
Priest Holy
User avatar
Posts: 106
Likes: 124
106 posts
Alliance
Priest
Alliance Priest 106 posts
5 months ago (Pre-release)
5 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Racials are extremely important in vanilla, that cannot be denied. However, I wouldn't pick my main character based on those unless I really enjoyed the idea of playing that race.

You'll be playing the character for months, perhaps years hopefully. If I don't feel connected to it but am able to operate 5-10% more efficiently in endgame content, then is it worth it?

It's why I'm currently leaning towards Human Priest over Dwarf Priest, despite the latter's incredibly powerful racial advantage. I just prefer Humans on WoW, and I know I'll enjoy the experience more.

   Shellzor Faendor
Human Priest
<Pertento> [EU-PvP]


Image
Paladin Protection
User avatar
Posts: 82
Likes: 71
Human Priest 82 posts
5 months ago (Pre-release)
5 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Forsakenone wrote:
6 months ago
despite the good racials wow's looks for human males seems just too darn gay for me.
I feel attacked :lol:

Image
Paladin Protection
User avatar
Posts: 82
Likes: 71
Human Priest 82 posts
5 months ago (Pre-release)
5 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Stinkfist wrote:
6 months ago
Hey guys, I am mulling over on what race I am going to pick for my hunter and I'm splitting hairs around orc vs troll
the biggest punch in the face is the troll feet, otherwise, i think they are pretty cool and are a much better race for hunters.
Considering that a point of concern for you is the hideous troll feel you'll have to endure for the rest of your time playing that character, I wonder if you've taken any time at all to consider the 'fantasy' of the race as well? Or would you say that aspect has zero impact on your decision?

@Selexin, for example, alluded to the lore of the race, which is pretty neat. He also said something about humans I'd rather not go into, but you get the idea.
I prefer Tauren in most cases - gentle yet powerful race.
Personally, class and faction fantasy take over when I'm creating my character. If this at all plays a role in your decision making, maybe it will break your tie! It helps me to envision my character with a glorious looking tier set, for example.

Image
Druid Feral
User avatar
Guild:

<Goblin Rocket Fuel Rats>


Discord:

RyderSelexin#1527


Bnet:

RyderSelexin#1781


Posts: 757
Likes: 554
525 posts
Tauren
Druid
Tauren Druid 525 posts
5 months ago (Pre-release)
5 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

@Alnir I respect the dedication to your kind. Peace be with you, for you will need peace in Azeroth.

   SweaterMonster Alnir
ImageImage
Thunder Bluff
User avatar
Bnet:

Daonna#1820


Posts: 68
Likes: 64
Tauren Druid 68 posts
5 months ago (Pre-release)
5 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Alnir wrote:
5 months ago
Personally, class and faction fantasy take over when I'm creating my character. If this at all plays a role in your decision making, maybe it will break your tie! It helps me to envision my character with a glorious looking tier set, for example.
For me this is a pretty big decision maker for me. I want to feel immersed in the RPG part of the MMORPG and I also want to look good doing it!

   Alnir
Nala - Feral Druid - Grobbulus
"May the eternal sun shine upon thee"
Image
Silverpine Forest
User avatar
Guild:

Chromium Crusade


Bnet:

GMax#1241


Posts: 222
Likes: 82
Undead Warrior 222 posts
3 months ago (Pre-release)
3 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

When solo questing, the primary job of your pet will be to tank for you, not to deal damage. Therefore, the troll's bow mastery will help more than the orc's extra damage from pets. When you get into raids, it won't matter because everyone will blame you for every wipe anyways. Also, trolls have better weed and cuter women.

Image
Warrior Protection
User avatar
Discord:

teebling#5444


Bnet:

Teeb#2674


Posts: 1152
Likes: 2171
525 posts
Orc
Warrior
Orc Warrior 525 posts
3 months ago (Pre-release)
3 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Black Monarch wrote:
3 months ago
When solo questing, the primary job of your pet will be to tank for you, not to deal damage. Therefore, the troll's bow mastery will help more than the orc's extra damage from pets. When you get into raids, it won't matter because everyone will blame you for every wipe anyways. Also, trolls have better weed and cuter women.
I disagree - hunter pets are so OP because unlike item stats that fall behind your level quickly your pet’s damage scales with you all the way to 60. This is why everyone goes BM for levelling - the pet damage is just insane and no other class matches this. It’s like having an heirloom. Therefore in my opinion tanking considerations are not as important as damage.

   5bx s1atan FTHforever
Alterac Valley
User avatar
Posts: 79
Likes: 65
Human Warrior 79 posts
3 months ago (Pre-release)
3 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Black Monarch wrote:
3 months ago
Also, trolls have better weed and cuter women.
I agree on the weed but not on the ladys. Green is beautiful!

Posts:
Likes: 0
Stfuppercut
Stfuppercut
3 months ago (Pre-release)
3 months ago (Pre-release)
 •  Unread

Concerning horde. Orc hunter is BiS unless you are not on a pvp server and have no intention of ever pvping. PVE content has a HUGE cushion for throughput and your racial choices really dont matter for pve... I'd argue that other than dwarf priests, players who plan on exclusively pveing can pretty well pick whatever aesthetic they prefer. I mean, even though +weapon skills for orc and human are awesome for melee classes, we see constant parses where optimal race players can be matched or overcome by a competent low tier races... The differences in race selection for pve are negligible and the differences can be mitigated with proper itemization.

However... for pvp... Race makes a HUGE difference... REALLY REALLY REALLY big difference. Especially hardiness.

Posts:
Likes: 0
Deleted User 1531
Deleted User 1531
2 months ago (Beta)
2 months ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Storfan wrote:
5 months ago
1. Make sure you are comfortable with the looks of the race you choose. You'll be staring at your character for tens of thousands of hours.
2. Make sure that race is Human or Orc.
Lol

Similar topics
to 'Racial discussion in classic'
Posts ViewsLast post