Hello! I need help!
I'm trying to make a plan for what I want my race to be for any class, any faction. I got a lot of new thoughts that cloud my previously quite clear decision. Especially on the warrior, I'm in doubt. If it helps, I plan on tanking and trying out this PvP bizz, but hey, still gotta get a DPS gear set.
Listin' the options:
- Human - Diplomacy is whack and weapon skill is godlike, and I don't scoff at perception either. But, I'll already be looking at these guys on a Paladin and a Rogue, if I hypothetically (I won't) end up leveling everything.
- Dwarf - So far the only sure Dwarf I have is Priest, and Stoneform can be handy, treasure finding less so since I'll most likely be a miner on my warrior for quite a while. You also get to be Gimli n shit, which I find pretty cool.
- Gnome - Not going Gnome for my warrior
- Night Elf - I've recently learnt about the glory of shadowmeld, and I wish to try it out. An elf warrior sounds cool too, and you get more dodge and Improved Death! \o/
- Orc - Strong class fantasy, higher threat if I end up with an axe (not everyone getting a thunderfury...), and omg dat stun resist, stacking with Iron will... The only other certain orc I have is Warlock.
- Undead - No
- Tauren - Some say 5% HP matters little, something something your guild is bad if you drop that low, but I have had experiences on a BC server where these 5% health saved a wipe, and the harder I think about tanking the more I feel drawn to this choice. I do find their fighting animations a bit bland though...
- Troll - Some want to try out berserking if that gives something threat wise. I don't think I want to try out berserking...
Also please bear with me and my overplanning, I like to have a plan with my nerding, even if I don't get to enact it because I don't have 30 hours a day to play WoW...
If you’re dabbling in PvP that passive stun resist (one quarter chance...) on Orc is chief as fuck so go that.
If you’re going to roll Dwarf likewise Stoneform is IMO the best alliance racial and will shine in tanking pve and pvp scenarios.
Btw you are really going to like the tool I am making that helps compare things like this side-by-side :)
Also don’t despair about playtime - this isn’t retail where constant balancing patches and new content are being thrown at you regularly. Just play what you can and when you come back you can just pick up from where you left and still be relevant!
human sword skill or orc ax skill are both op for threat generation as a tank. tauren health bonus is op as well. Troll beserking if used well can also be great for threat. those are your best choices if you are going to tank, but you can tank anything with whatever race you want to play
I think I might, if I end up on Horde. My first warrior was Orc and that was pretty great.
Is that so? You know, reading that sent me into a flurry of thoughts that made me, funnily enough, want Night Elf more. Argh! (Maybe a don'ttellmewhattodo effect?)
I'm looking forward to it!
I know... more just wants more, you know?
Here I went "but I can identify with all of them!", but then I thought, for a pretty long time now I've just named my characters variations of "Hogbobson", and I mean, that's fine, but I find that I get immersed when I start imagining whatever I'm playing as a real thing, thinking how they'd react under different circumstances, and that just doesn't happen with "Hoglockson, the Warlock". I think I'll rethink my naming scheme (into what I think fits the character I'm making), and try to let the fantasy flow a bit harder. Thank you. That still doesn't mean I'm not able to identify with, at least, most races. It also depends on the class, I mean, I can't identify with a dwarf rogue, but I can with a dwarf warrior, for instance.
I dunno, if I were to guess that has more to do with lore maybe?
I wanna be, the very best, like noone ever waaas.
I shall, thanks :D
They ARE cool! And despite all the "omg orcs are cool and was my first warrior" etc., I might identify more with them at this point? Tauren are calm and I like that... (heh, do people CHANGE over 12 years? Impossibru!)
If I /were/ to pick alliance warrior race only from racials, what would be the jack of all trades, PvE and PvP, tank and DPS? Human? Elf? Dwarf??? EVEN GNOME????Lne wrote: ↑4 months agohuman sword skill or orc ax skill are both op for threat generation as a tank. tauren health bonus is op as well. Troll beserking if used well can also be great for threat. those are your best choices if you are going to tank, but you can tank anything with whatever race you want to play
You know, I do wonder how many of my buddies will be returning to vanilla. I should ask them. Also, what is bae?
I know this might sound a bit casual, but just roll with whatever class looks best to you. You're never, ever going to miss out on anything because of passives alone. I should probably go with Orc Warlock for PvP myself, but I'll probably be going Undead. If you can't beat someone without RNG stun resist, then you probably can't beat him/her with RNG stun resist either. Liking your character is way more important than passives, I know so many people who've quit midway through their 40s because they felt their characters were ugly or didn't like what they looked like - only for them to start an alt on the same class with a different race.
I'd go Tauren. 5% extra HP could be a lifesafer for a wipe, and I like being of help to others. They're also a bit rarer than Orcs.
For alliance the clear choice for raid tanking or pve dps is Human warrior. Dwarf has racials that help pvp, but If i was going to make an alliance warrior human would be the only choice.
Human warrior for the Sword/Mace skill (the easiest obtainable, and best weapons in game) and the reputation advantage is a huge boost aswell for the numberous rep-farms you gotta do in vanilla.
Orcs are great with axe skill and bloodfury but sadly there arent as many axes in endgame as swords and maces.