Ashenvale
11 posts
Gnome
Warrior
Gnome Warrior 11 posts
3 weeks ago (Beta)
3 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Just found this place. Slowly getting my real life stuff in order so I can get sucked back into no-lifing classic. Can't wait!

Stfuppercut Rinkusan
Warlock Destruction
Horde 8 posts
3 weeks ago (Beta)
3 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hello everyone, I've just joined so I will tell a little bit about myself (in terms of WoW for now :)

I've first time entered WoW back in 2008, kids from my village found this 'new game' and showed me. This was a pirate server, it had one realm which supported both Vanilla and TBC clients, we called those 'the red snake ' & 'the green dragon' things. We could barely read in English that time, but we still had a lot of fun. Everyone from my street played for Alliance, I really hated that, since WC3 I loved Horde. So I created Undead warlock and started my way trough (though I only reached lvl 14 and had to create another char, Alliance this time just to have ability to play with my friends). I can clearly remember running around Stormwind and begging for mount (took me couple of months to get those 600 gold). I remember this crazy feeling where we first found TBC client and I've created a Blood Elf, it felt so cool. Soon enough we found a FUN server, where all the custom stuff was going on. Then another blizzlike, and another fun and so on and so on we played for years and we were getting better at it :) Then I left WoW, found another interesting things to do in life, and had a long break. When I returned, I was already having a job so I could afford to play on official servers, so I did that. It was Wrath of the Lich King expansion at the very end of it's life at that time. I was missing the so dear TBC a lot, I hated that snowy thing, really. But the Cata came and made it even worse. So I left playing again, for a long long time. I renewed my subscription a month ago and really enjoyed playing Legion quests, reminds me of TBC and all those Illidan interactions awww (he's my fav from WC3). Then I found that WoW Classic is a thing and was like HOLY $#!T. So I wrote to my childhood friends and we're waiting for the thing to begin (I hope they're not going to choose Alliance again :)

I see a lot of info on this site, and people with a lot of knowledge in the game and I had forgotten a lot already and had not too much of it since I was a child when we were playing Vanilla/TBC. What would be the good point to start gaining some knowledge?

Western Plaguelands
4 posts
Undead
Mage
Undead Mage 4 posts
3 weeks ago (Beta)
3 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hello all,

Really happy to find to this place!

I've only played classic on private servers (which are obviously not accurate to the original) and I joined the game back in TBC so I've never had the opportunity to play the original game. I'm really excited to finally play classic for real in August.

I'm preparing myself to be addicted to WoW once again :D

Skye Selexin Sauva
Warsong Gulch
Discord:

MeatLumps#2742

Bnet:

MeatLumps#11603

Troll Rogue 82 posts
3 weeks ago (Beta)
3 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

gorda.the.spy wrote:
3 weeks ago
What would be the good point to start gaining some knowledge?
Welcome! If you're looking for a good place to find information, then check out the guides section! index.php?f=7

ImageImage
Orc 1 post
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hiya Guys,

Been an avid reddit viewer of Classic, Play WOW back in the day '05 EU Aggramar Server, Boys From The Horde, Mained a Undead Rogue raided up to AQ40, had a Shaman Alt in 0.5 too.

Moved to Maining Shaman during tbc owing to feeling under valued on my rogue and the change to 10 Man Kara / 25 Man Raiding, hit our guild pretty hard, moved around alot with a few friends, creating a small 10 man raiding guild on WOTLK which went went. But then hit casual mode with RL etc. only ended coming back for a few months on each Xpan to play the story as I love the Lore even though the writing might be slightly lacking of late since MoP imo.

Defiantly coming back to classic! Struggling to pick a class though; rogue / shaman / Priest / Mage I've narrowed it down to on private servers, but yet to make a decision.

Anyhow! Nice to see a nice old school forum, will start perusing! O/

teebling Sauva Stfuppercut
Shaman Elemental
1 post
Tauren
Shaman
Tauren Shaman 1 post
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hey all!

Stumbled upon this forum site looking for info on the whole "Chose your name before actual release".

Decided to join and see what goes on.

A lil introduction, began playing 2006 but being a lil kiddo and english not being native tongue had a pretty hard time actually questing. I remember asking my parents to translate but I soon got tired of that and pretty much just spent my time killing and being killed by whatever mob i walked into. Literally had no idea of what to do, never played a MMO until WoW, pretty much only Legend of Zelda games before as well as BF2:MC for the PS2 which was a blast.

With my english becomming better and actually understanding whole sentences I started to level up alot quicker. By this time TBC had been release and I did not know that Wotlk was just around the corner, because when I hit lvl 70 and was ecstatic, lich king released mere 12 hours later and yeah, I was a bit slow to level up after that.

Will look through the forum now, take care!

29 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Well, except for jumping on the free version to somewhat re-acclimate myself to the game, I haven't played in 9 years because the game was not fun anymore. I quickly learned on that short little free version, why I left the game. Praise the Lord Blizzard is releasing classic WOW so I can be a noob all over again n a game that is interesting and fun to play.

MeatLumps
Alliance Warlock 5 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hi guys! Found this forum through Reddit, seems like the place to be hanging out while waiting for the WoW Classic launch!

I started playing in Vanilla a couple of weeks before the Ahn'Qiraj opening event launched and was hooked almost instantly. I eventually joined a raiding guild and got to do got to do everything part from clearing Naxxramas fully. I also greatly enjoyed The Burning Crusade which I consider the hight of World of Warcraft. In that first expansion I think Blizzard found the perfect balance between hardcore and casual where you could do some semi-high end PvE content (heroics) even if you didn't raid and get decent gear. The different specs of the hybrid classes were also a bit better balanced making druids and paladins more viable tanks for instance.

After TBC I've been playing on and off (with an emphasis on off) with Pandaria and BFA barely getting any playtime at all. What I'm looking forward to the most with Classic is probably the community since that's really what's been lacking in the latest 4-5 expansions. I'm also hoping that TBC eventually will be brought back also since that's my favourite stage of the game, Vanilla coming in as a close second :smile:

MeatLumps Selexin Stfuppercut
Warsong Gulch
Discord:

MeatLumps#2742

Bnet:

MeatLumps#11603

Troll Rogue 82 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Afk wrote:
2 weeks ago
By this time TBC had been release and I did not know that Wotlk was just around the corner, because when I hit lvl 70 and was ecstatic, lich king released mere 12 hours later and yeah, I was a bit slow to level up after that.
I can imagine that was a little bit demoralizing! :lol: I had a similar experience when TBC released, but luckily I was aware that the expansion was coming.

ImageImage
Druid Feral
Discord:

Kaiju#1626

Bnet:

Kaiju#11874

17 posts
Night Elf
Hunter
Night Elf Hunter 17 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I'm nobody important, just some lad on the internet who pretends they're a synth/android raptor-thing.

Shitposter Agency - For all yer shitpostin' needs.
:^)
Rogue Subtlety
Horde Rogue 2 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hello Guys! Just discovered and joined this forum and i think it’s a piece of art! Thanks for making this! Im a WOW player since 2006 (i was 9 years old) and started playing literally 2 weeks before TBC launched. I remember when i first got the game for christmas sleeping with it that night.
I can’t wait to fully relive the experience that vanilla was, and im sure it’s going to be amazing. I was warlock back then, but this time im choosing rogue! Good to meet you all!

Stfuppercut
Warrior Arms
12 posts
12 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

I've played wow since release, was a warrior back then and will be a warrior again in vanilla. Looking forward to a fresh start! Found the barrens chat by chance and I absolutely love the site!

Elian Stfuppercut
i'm a warrior
Eastern Plaguelands
37 posts
Horde
Paladin
Horde Paladin 37 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

love wrote:
2 weeks ago
I've played wow since release, was a warrior back then and will be a warrior again in vanilla. Looking forward to a fresh start! Found the barrens chat by chance and I absolutely love the site!
This site is F smooth i've been through many forum in my life but this one is the best i've experienced so far

Stfuppercut
Orgrimmar
Guild:

Beta Delta Nu

Discord:

https://discord.gg/H

Bnet:

Bandos#1867

2 posts
Horde
Warrior
Horde Warrior 2 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hello! I'm Bandos and I got here looking for forums to recruit for my Classic guild. I'm a long-time WoW veteran who has gotten together with other WoW veterans and players who still play today to run a semi-hardcore raiding guild on a Est NA PvP server. If you would like more information pm me!

Stfuppercut
Mage Frost
Gnome Mage 1 post
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Sup bruvas. Just here to lurk the forums for info on classic.
Only played like retail from Cata untill BfA. Only have memories of my older cousins playing WoW when I did not have money for a decent PC or monthly subscription. ;)

Stfuppercut
Alterac Valley
162 posts
Alliance
Druid
Alliance Druid 162 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hello, it’s me.

A lil lurk who made an account the other day cause why not, might as well.

Stfuppercut
 Blizzard Entertainment
You think you do, but you don’t
Shaman Enhancement
13 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hi all, nice to meet you! New to the forum, but not to WoW.

Started somewhere mid-Vanilla during high school. Hooked on Conquer Online 2, two of my started playing WoW and recommended the game to me. Pessimistic at first, I decided to give it a go. After three hours in Shadowglen - and skipping dinner - I finally reached the road to Dolanaar. Then I found realised how big WoW was and I was hooked! This was all at Ravenholdt (RP-PvP).

Switched to Horde (Sporeggar RP-PvP) just before TBC hit and in TBC I had the most fun. Raided at high level on my mage for a while, until my account was hacked. Account frozen for almost 6 weeks and when I returned the char did not feel the same anymore. So I rerolled Alliance on the same realm and eventually transferred to Steamwheedle Cartel (RP). My characters are still there, except I only play for 1-2 months after each expansion and then get bored.

Played on several private realms such as Vengeance of Azeroth where we had a nice and small community. And then the news finally hit us… CLASSIC! I have trouble playing other games now and I'm counting down the days.

For Classic I will be joined by 3-5 people I know IRL, of which some have played since WotLK and some have never played WoW. So I am looking forward to that. Faction is not set in stone yet, but we are looking for a bunch of nice and mature people to guild up with. We are all around our 30's with stuff to do besides WoW and while we love some good ol' PvP, we do not want to be corpsecamped and thus will be rolling PvE (pref. RP for the more mature names and people).

Very hyped for Classic!

Edit: extra info

Stfuppercut
Mulgore
Discord:

Erik#8716

34 posts
Tauren
Druid
Tauren Druid 34 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hello and Hejsan!

Been lurking these forums for nearly a month and decided to create an account.

My signature says it all.

Love, Erik

Stfuppercut
Resto/Balance Druid - Horde - PvP - Europe - Sweden - Born in the golden year 1990
Thunder Bluff
2 posts
Tauren
Druid
Tauren Druid 2 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hi Guys,

Decided to make an account, just to say hello, as I've spent the last few days looking through the forums here :)

I played WoW from release; EU Horde; mained Warrior upto TBC release, then mained Holy Pala until end of WotLK when I stopped playing. Got back into the game just before BFA launch and played Holy Pala and DH for some time in BFA, though it was mainly achievement farming and not solid raiding because I didn't much enjoy the content. My PC stopped working at the end of last year and I haven't been bothered to fix it due to other priorities/money/new gf but 2 irl friends I used to play with in BFA wanted to start afresh in Classic and I'm actually really looking forward to it. Gonna main Feral Druid this time around.

Really pleased this kind of environment exists, was concerned that there weren't that many people out there getting as excited for Classic as me.

Now it's just a case of fixing my PC and waiting until release :)

Warlock Affliction
2 posts
Orc
Warlock
Orc Warlock 2 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hi all! I stumbled across this forum a few days ago and have been lurking/looking around. Decided I should make an account because this place seems great! My hype for Classic is becoming more and more intense the closer we get to release!

Tirisfal Glades
2 posts
Horde
Horde 2 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Andre, playing wow since its early days, most of the time on p servers over the last years.
I wish all of you a fun time in wow classic! will see us ingame!

Stfuppercut
best regards,
Harm
Burning Steppes
11 posts
Alliance
Rogue
Alliance Rogue 11 posts
2 weeks ago (Beta)
2 weeks ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hello all! Found this site yesterday while doing some research on class combinations. I was a fairly hardcore Vanilla/BC player in my college days (cleared through Twin Emps in AQ40), and have subbed off and on since WOTLK, clearing most raids on normal/heroic in a casual guild. Don't love the current direction of retail, and I'm hyped for classic! Still undecided between warrior, rogue, and priest though.

Stfuppercut
Ironforge
Guild:

Niflheim

Bnet:

xaldron#2756

28 posts
Dwarf
Warrior
Dwarf Warrior 28 posts
1 week ago (Beta)
1 week ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Also relatively new here. Love the forums, discussions, guides. I particularly like the class/race comparison tool and such. Really great waiting room for classic launch. Thank you very much!

Stfuppercut
Expect the worst. Hope for the best.
Darnassus
Guild:

<Doggo Noir>

Discord:

https://discord.gg/B

Bnet:

Kaufdrop#1755

Human Rogue 3 posts
1 week ago (Beta)
1 week ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Veteran player, new Guild Master.

Ive been sticking to reddit and discord for the past couple of months but a guildy recommended I come check out the community over here. Look forward to getting some non-edgy conversations going with yall.

Stfuppercut
Horde Warlock 1 post
1 week ago (Beta)
1 week ago (Beta)
 •  Unread

Hi all,

I am a casual player from late vanilla >> BFA, stopped playing a few months ago as the game was doing my head in. Looking forward to classic and intend to drink my body weight in beer while bungling my through to L60, hopefully having a bit of craic along the way.

Toodle pip!

Ab

Stfuppercut