Zaveth
Zaveth
7 months ago
7 months ago
  •  Unread

It might be worth organising threads once the forum gains some traction.
As in, if I'm looking specificially for druid help instead of scrolling through pages and pages, or starting a new thread that's been made twenty times.

Ironforge
Horde brank
82
7 months ago
7 months ago
  •  Unread

Zaveth wrote:
7 months ago
It might be worth organising threads once the forum gains some traction.
As in, if I'm looking specificially for druid help instead of scrolling through pages and pages, or starting a new thread that's been made twenty times.
I think this will be the case eventually. The layout has a well nice structure for this. Though as said, the main goal is to make the forum grow and give it some traffic.

Elwynn Forest
User avatar
brank
5
7 months ago
7 months ago
  •  Unread

teebling wrote:
7 months ago
Syturio wrote:
7 months ago
Will you add categorys / sections to this forum in the future? Kinda like all Forums nowadays do.
If it gets big enough to warrant categorisation then yeah. Until now I think the one forum will suffice :) Thanks for the input.
I think at least some basic categories would be good for starters, like General Chat, Class/Mechanics, UI & Macros and maybe an "off topic" forum as well.

Then maybe as time goes on you can subdivide those forums into other categories (Druid, Hunter etc.) (Media, Announcements, etc.) (PvE, PvP, etc.)


As it is now its just kind of a jumble of different topics, the human mind likes to categorise things, it's only natural!

   omniGG
Thunder Bluff
User avatar
EU Tarren Mill
8
brank
Alliance
Alliance brank
8
7 months ago
7 months ago
  •  Unread

I really love the design of the website. It's compact and straight-to the point. The levels and achievements bit takes it a step further. Well done man - looking forward to more updates in the future

   Syturio
Horde brank
53
7 months ago
7 months ago
  •  Unread

I wonder if we really need a notice that the post was edited in such way as it is now. Example: https://www.barrens.chat/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=101

Last edited by Faendor on Fri May 11, 2018 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
The information that the post was edited is more or less marginal to the discussion, yet it really interferes with comfortable flow of reading as the eye stumbles upon it having the same font, size and color as the text in the post. I agree that the edits should be indicated for various reasons, but maybe it could be a little less noticeable?

Otherwise - an amazing forum we have here. Huge thanks to teebling for all the effort!

P.S. I edited this one on purpose just to have a live example, yet no notice of edit is displayed? How come?

   Syturio
- anno 2005.
Undercity
User avatar
EU Ragnaros
98
brank
Alliance
Alliance brank
98
7 months ago
7 months ago
  •  Unread

yet it really interferes with comfortable flow of reading as the eye stumbles upon it having the same font, size and color as the text in the post.
I have exactly the same opinion.
It needs to be fixed.

Image  Check out my Engineering Guide for WoW Vanilla / Classic 2018!
Arathi Basin
User avatar
EU Ghostlands
166
brank
Horde
Shaman
Horde Shaman brank
166
7 months ago
7 months ago
  •  Unread

It should only really display if you have added an 'edit reason' in the 'edit reason' box - so that people know why you edited it. If it's displaying regardless then I think it's a bug. Can anyone reproduce?

Undercity
User avatar
EU Ragnaros
98
brank
Alliance
Alliance brank
98
7 months ago
7 months ago
  •  Unread

teebling wrote:
7 months ago
It should only really display if you have added an 'edit reason' in the 'edit reason' box - so that people know why you edited it. If it's displaying regardless then I think it's a bug. Can anyone reproduce?
On my Engineering guide, it shows i have edited 100+ times. Not once i added a reason. There is no reason box actualy.
SpoilerShow
Image

Image  Check out my Engineering Guide for WoW Vanilla / Classic 2018!
Darnassus
User avatar
EU Dunemaul
25
brank
Alliance
Alliance brank
25
7 months ago
7 months ago
  •  Unread

In a somewhat related matter, the “People who liked this” section can also be mistaken with the post text.

   Syturio
Image
Horde brank
53
7 months ago
7 months ago
  •  Unread

Flerex wrote:
7 months ago
In a somewhat related matter, the “People who liked this” section can also be mistaken with the post text.
It actually could be as simple as an icon with a small number. If possible to code in such a way. Is it necessary (or just "nice to have") knowing who exactly liked your post?

Keep up the good work teeb!

- anno 2005.
Duskwood
brank
21
7 months ago
7 months ago
  •  Unread

Ey teebo not been on for a while just wanted to say well done on the patch I'm liking the like system :razz:
Good luck on the bugs and keep it up fam

The Barrens
brank
67
6 months ago
6 months ago
  •  Unread

Perhaps leaving friendly comments on relevant YouTube videos saying something like 'Hey guys, I've created a forum called Barrens Chat for all things Classic WoW, check it out!' And of course, provide a URL.

I'd be more than happy to do this for you, if you'd like me to?

Light's Hope • Lightbringer • Awaiting Classic WoW

Image
Undercity
User avatar
EU Ragnaros
98
brank
Alliance
Alliance brank
98
6 months ago
6 months ago
  •  Unread

slud wrote:
6 months ago
Perhaps leaving friendly comments on relevant YouTube videos saying something like 'Hey guys, I've created a forum called Barrens Chat for all things Classic WoW, check it out!' And of course, provide a URL.

I'd be more than happy to do this for you, if you'd like me to?
Sure, but don't over do it in all videos, or your comment will be filtered as spam.

Image  Check out my Engineering Guide for WoW Vanilla / Classic 2018!
The Barrens
brank
67
6 months ago
6 months ago
  •  Unread

Syturio wrote:
6 months ago
slud wrote:
6 months ago
Perhaps leaving friendly comments on relevant YouTube videos saying something like 'Hey guys, I've created a forum called Barrens Chat for all things Classic WoW, check it out!' And of course, provide a URL.

I'd be more than happy to do this for you, if you'd like me to?
Sure, but don't over do it in all videos, or your comment will be filtered as spam.
Good point. I'll leave a couple of comments trying to entice people!

Light's Hope • Lightbringer • Awaiting Classic WoW

Image
Arathi Basin
User avatar
EU Ghostlands
166
brank
Horde
Shaman
Horde Shaman brank
166
6 months ago
6 months ago
  •  Unread

slud wrote:
6 months ago
Perhaps leaving friendly comments on relevant YouTube videos saying something like 'Hey guys, I've created a forum called Barrens Chat for all things Classic WoW, check it out!' And of course, provide a URL.

I'd be more than happy to do this for you, if you'd like me to?
that's okay buddy, you go ahead. just don't do it in a spammy way that will get the URL reported and therefore blocked forever. keep it genuine

Westfall
User avatar
EU Boulderfist
30
brank
Alliance
Alliance brank
30
1 month ago
1 month ago
  •  Unread

teebling,
thanks for addressing the feedback we gave u here in this patch - im loving the alliance skin and mobile support too, amazing work

   teeblingMarkone
Stormwind
User avatar
US Staghelm
27
brank
Alliance
Alliance brank
27
1 month ago
1 month ago
  •  Unread

Patch 1.2 what an improvement man, keep it up.

Only one suggestion... stop mobile safari from zooming when entering text?

   teebling
Arathi Basin
User avatar
EU Ghostlands
166
brank
Horde
Shaman
Horde Shaman brank
166
1 month ago
1 month ago
  •  Unread

Markone wrote:
1 month ago
Patch 1.2 what an improvement man, keep it up.

Only one suggestion... stop mobile safari from zooming when entering text?
I did try that during this dev cycle but Safari is especially troublesome - it requires the text to be at least 16px for the functionality to go away - no workarounds!

Stonetalon Mountains
User avatar
EU Blade's Edge
18
brank
Alliance
Alliance brank
18
1 month ago
1 month ago
  •  Unread

THANK YOU for mobile support.
Now here come the bugs! :lol: