Layers disabled on US realms in WoW Classic

Layers Disabled On Us Realms In Wow Classic

Today Kaivax, a Blizzard Community Manager, posted on the official WoW Classic forums that layers have been removed on all US region realms that still had layering enabled to combat long queue times.

Kaivax also mentioned that realms where new character creation was lock have now been unlocked.

However at this time Paid Character Transfer restrictions are still in place.

– (Source)

At this time, we’re contracting from two layers to one on all realms in this region that were layered.

As we’ve constantly watched and analyzed realm populations over the last few weeks, we’ve seen enough of a recent trend to justify returning to the intended population arrangement for each realm. At the same time, we’ve unlocked any realms that were locked for new character creation.

All Paid Character Transfer restrictions have been left in place. We’re going to continue to use our ability to disable that service as a stopgap, and we’ll let you know when we open or close it further.

About the Author

Furious

If I'm not working or spending time with the family I'm probably gaming. Some of my favorite recent games I've played are Far Cry 5, World of Warcraft Classic, and 7 Days to Die.

Subscribe
Notify of

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Scroll to Top