Blizzard Removes Exit Portals from Warsong Gulch in WoW Classic

Blizzard Removes Exit Portals From Warsong Gulch In Wow Classic

Kaivax, a Blizzard CM, posted on the official WoW Classic forums today that they are deploying a hotfix to disable the exit portal in the Warsong Gulch battleground.

According to reports players would mindcontrol opposing players to walk them out of the portal causing them to get a 15 minute deserter debuff.

– (Source)

In approximately two hours, we will deploy a hotfix to all WoW Classic realms that disables the exit portals from Warsong Gulch. Thereafter, players who need to exit the battleground will have to use the other means of doing so: /AFK.

We’ve seen an increasing number of reports of these portals being used in unfair ways, and we feel that taking this step eliminates the potential for unfair gameplay while making no change to the intended, legitimate flow of the battleground.

As always, we really appreciate and value all of the player feedback that raised the issue. Thank you!

About the Author

Furious

If I'm not working or spending time with the family I'm probably gaming. Some of my favorite recent games I've played are Far Cry 5, World of Warcraft Classic, and 7 Days to Die.

Subscribe
Notify of

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Scroll to Top