Blizzard Unlocks Firemaw Server – TBC Classic

blizzard unlocks firemaw server tbc classic featured image
  • Author: Pride
  • Date: July 19, 2022
  • Updated: July 20, 2022
  • Expansion: TBC Classic

The Firemaw EU server has had a rocky history of various issues, to say the least, which Blizzard was originally hesitant to address. After many months of complaints, they finally decided to lock the server, preventing players from creating characters on the server unless they already have a character there, and preventing transfers to the server completely.

It’s been almost 2 months since the server was locked. A massive exodus of players, both Horde and Alliance, ensued, due to the outrageous queues that would frequently last between 2 to 3 hours during rush hour. As a result, the queues are now gone, yet the lock remained, which deeply frustrated players that wanted to transfer alts to the server, in anticipation of WotLK Classic.

blizzard unlocks firemaw server tbc classic transfer failed
We have been deceived?! Blizzard, let me transfer my alts to Firemaw already!

Thankfully, Blizzard listened, as Kaivax announced that the lock is gone… or is it? Players are reporting that they’re still unable to create characters on the server, and at the time of writing this article, it’s still impossible to transfer to Firemaw. This means it’s likely that there was some miscommunication between the Classic devs, but Kaivax’s post indicates that Blizzard intends for the server to be unlocked, so it’s a matter of time until you can finally bring your alts over to Firemaw.

What are your thoughts on this topic? Are you glad that Firemaw is unlocked, will you be transfering your alts over or joining your friends who play there? Or would you rather that the server stays locked, to avoid having login queues again? Let us know in the comments below!

Kaivax – (Source)

A few hours ago, we re-opened character creation on the Firemaw realm.

About the Author

Pride

Classic WoW is my jam, with a passion for PvP. Most know me as Baranor, the ret paladin guy, but I'm secretly a druid main, don't tell anyone. In my free time I play Switch games, particularly JRPGs. Some day I'll be making my own games and I humbly hope you play those too!

Subscribe
Notify of

6 Comments
Most Voted
Newest Oldest
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Simon
Simon
1 year ago

Unlock character Transfers please…

Mystclick
Mystclick
1 year ago

Currently you can create new characters on FM even without having a character already. Yet you cannot transfer any characters…

Aquarivs
Aquarivs
1 year ago

Would love Blizzard get all those who migrated from FM back to their original location.. All those GDKP addicts ruin every server they move to.

Gilad
Gilad
1 year ago

I couldn’t give a flying…… about Firemaw. Tbh, this is the first time I’ve heard about it.
This was another empty article, shame on you.

Mystclick
Mystclick
Reply to  Gilad
1 year ago

Biggest server in TBC but ok…

Ayo
Ayo
Reply to  Gilad
1 year ago

You are talking tripe, old chap. Many are interested, myself included. Huge server with a huge community (until the recent Horde exodus).

Last edited 1 year ago by Ayo
Scroll to Top