WotLK Quest Tracking Features Still in Development

wotlk quest tracking features still in development

Recently players noticed that in an interview from April with Brian Birmingham and Kris Zierhut from the WoW team that:

Other features added in Wrath of the Lich King’s development, like quest waypoint integration in maps, will be cut to preserve the Classic experience.

Gamerant Interview

This came up after players in the beta noticed that it was a missing feature and made the rounds on several forums and reddit.

Aggrend posted an update that they’ve since reconsidered the addition of the quest tracking feature and will be adding it into WotLK Classic after more development.

Aggrend – (Source)

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to pop in and say that we do in fact intend to implement the quest tracking features that were added in patch 3.3 of original Wrath of the Lich King into the Quest Log and Map UI at some point. The interviews linked by the OP were a few months old and our thinking has changed quite a bit on this since then.

This feature isn’t present on the Wrath of the Lich King Classic beta at this time, but this along with several other UI features such as the Calendar and Equipment Manager are still in active development.

Thanks for all the feedback around this!

About the Author

Furious

If I'm not working or spending time with the family I'm probably gaming. Some of my favorite recent games I've played are Far Cry 5, World of Warcraft Classic, and 7 Days to Die.

Subscribe
Notify of

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Scroll to Top