Blizzard Consolidating Low Population Realms – TBC Classic

blizzard consolidating low population realms tbc classic 2

Blizzard finally decided it’s time to take action on the server population situation, with Kaivax just announcing that Blizzard will be consolidating several low population realms in order to address population issues. What this means in practice is that players will be unable to log onto those realms following the weekly maintenance of August 9, and any characters on those servers will be forcibly migrated to an as of yet unspecified other, presumably mid to high population server.

The following servers will be consolidated:

Europe: Bloodfang, Celebras, Dragon’s Call, Dragonfang, Dreadmist, Finkle, Flamelash, Gandling, Harbinger of Doom, Heartstriker, Hydraxian Waterlords, Judgement, Lucifron, Noggenfogger, Rhok’delar, Shazzrah, Skullflame, Stonespine, Ten Storms, Wyrmthalak, Zandalar Tribe

North America: Anathema, Bigglesworth, Blaumeux, Deviate Delight, Fairbanks, Felstriker, Heartseeker, Herod, Incendius, Kirtonos, Kromcrush, Kurinnaxx, Loatheb, Netherwind, Rattlegore, Reaper, Skeram, Smolderweb, Stalagg, Sul’thraze, Thalnos, Thunderfury

At the same time, Blizzard will be loosening restrictions on character creation & character transfers with regards to PvP servers. Specifically, players will now be able to transfer to PvP servers from PvE servers, while also being able to have both Alliance and Horde characters at the same time on PvP servers.

Kaivax further warns that characters that get automatically transferred may be unavailable for up to 2 weeks, encouraging players to instead take a free character migration to a server of their choosing, rather than relying on the server that Blizzard picks for them. He further adds that Blizzard will be expanding the pool of servers eligible for free character migrations, with additional PvE servers becoming eligible to transfer out of.

What are your thoughts on this topic? Will you be taking a free character transfer to another server before your server gets deactivated? Are you excited about being able to join your friends on their PvP server? Let us know in the comments below!

Kaivax – (Source)

To maintain healthy populations for Burning Crusade Classic realms, we’ve regularly reviewed realm populations and offered Free Character Transfers from realms that dropped to a low population. Additionally, we’ve made the decision to retire some Burning Crusade Classic realms and consolidate their remaining players onto other realms that have higher populations. We plan to perform this realm consolidation and retire the following realms with weekly maintenance the week of August 9:

Anathema
Bigglesworth
Blaumeux
Deviate Delight
Fairbanks
Felstriker
Heartseeker
Herod
Incendius
Kirtonos
Kromcrush
Kurinnaxx
Loatheb
Netherwind
Rattlegore
Reaper
Skeram
Smolderweb
Stalagg
Sul’thraze
Thalnos
Thunderfury

What this means is that all of the Burning Crusade Classic realms listed above will be retired and will no longer be accessible after August 9. All player-characters remaining on these realms will be automatically moved to a new destination realm. We will post a full list of retiring realms and their destinations soon.

Please note: Player-characters that are automatically moved during the realm consolidation on August 9 may be unavailable for up to two weeks thereafter.

All of the realms in the list above currently have Free Character Transfers available to multiple active destination realms. We strongly encourage you to take advantage of the Free Transfers prior to August 9 to choose your destination. Utilizing this service will move your characters quickly and will allow you to avoid being subject to the automatic migration on August 9.

Find more information on Free Character Transfers here.

In the coming weeks, we plan to remove the restriction on transfers from Normal to PvP realms in Burning Crusade Classic. At that time, we will open additional Free Character Transfers from underpopulated Normal realms wherever appropriate, and we will remove the rule on PvP realms that prevents players from having characters in both factions on the same PvP realm in Burning Crusade Classic. We’ll confirm all of the details as soon as we’re ready to take those steps.

Thank you!

About the Author

Pride

Classic WoW is my jam, with a passion for PvP. Most know me as Baranor, the ret paladin guy, but I'm secretly a druid main, don't tell anyone. In my free time I play Switch games, particularly JRPGs. Some day I'll be making my own games and I humbly hope you play those too!

Subscribe
Notify of

1 Comment
Most Voted
Newest Oldest
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Lindent
Lindent
1 year ago

Get rid of gold sellers will improve populations.

Scroll to Top