WotLK Classic Beta Coming In The Next 2 to 3 Months

wotlk classic beta coming in the next 2 to 3 months featured image

Greg Burke of gaming news YouTube channel Shacknews recently had an interview with WoW Classic lead producer Holly Longdale and senior software developer Kevin Vigue. The subject of the interview of course was Wrath of the Lich King Classic, one of the hottest topics on the MMO & Blizzard spheres right now.

A wide variety of topics were covered, ranging from Blizzard’s philosophy when it comes to making changes in Classic, such as those to the barber shop, and accessibility, such as the level boost feature. The most important tidbit of information for Classic players undoubtedly came at the end, with Longdale finally giving us a date for the start of the Wrath of the Lich King Classic beta… well, sorta. Her exact words were:

“To be fair to you, I think we’re generally saying, you know, we’re really excited to get Wrath on beta in the next two to three months.”

Holl Longdale – Lead Producer, WoW Classic

This of course isn’t extremely specific but at least it gives us something to work with, with the knowledge that the Wrath Classic beta will be coming out in July to August. Furthermore, the TBC Classic Beta lasted 2 months and 1 week until TBC Classic was officially released, so if Blizzard sticks to a similar schedule, we can extrapolate that Wrath Classic might be launching in September or October, with October perhaps being the more likely option.

About the Author

Pride

Classic WoW is my jam, with a passion for PvP. Most know me as Baranor, the ret paladin guy, but I'm secretly a druid main, don't tell anyone. In my free time I play Switch games, particularly JRPGs. Some day I'll be making my own games and I humbly hope you play those too!

Subscribe
Notify of

1 Comment
Most Voted
Newest Oldest
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Elco - Mage
Elco - Mage
1 year ago

LETSGOO LITCHKING , I WILL BACK TO WHITEMANE SERVER AND KILL ALL PLAYER HORDE DUMB

Scroll to Top