Blizzard Acknowledges Terrain Glitches in SoM, Working on Fix

blizzard acknowledges terrain glitches in som, working on fix featured image

It has been less than 2 weeks since the release of patch 1.14.3 of Season of Mastery, and players are hard at work clearing the Temple of Ahn’Qiraj raid along with the new Prophecy of Chaos challenges within the raid. However, there are some who are still just leveling up their characters or farming materials out in the world — and they have started to notice that something is amiss in the World of Warcraft!

Specifically, about a week ago, players started reporting experiencing weird issues within the game. For instance, aquatic creatures such turtles and crocodiles, would exhibit weird pathing behavior when close to water, such as “diving” under the earth, only to resurface some time later. Furthermore, boats and zeppelins are frequently getting stuck in place and occasionally disappearing altogether, failing to transport players — mostly when moving close to water, in the case of zeppelins.

The common link there appears to be water terrain and pathing data. Aggrend confirmed that is indeed the issue, adding that Blizzard is aware of this issue but as it is highly complex (involving the modification of terrain itself) it is unlikely a fix for it will be coming this week, so players will have to wait.

Here’s hoping Blizzard can fix this issue soon so Season of Mastery players can go back to enjoying the game without having to wait minutes to fight turtles or be forced to ask mages for portals!

Aggrend – (Source)

Greetings,

Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that we are aware of the issues with creatures pathing through non-ocean pools of water and are working hard on a fix now. This is a pretty complex issue to fix as it involves modifying the terrain itself in most areas of Azeroth and requires a lot of testing before we can build confidence that our fix didn’t cause other issues. Additionally, the fix will require deployment during a weekly maintenance and at this stage we think it’s pretty unlikely this will be tested and ready for deployment during next week’s Tuesday maintenance. We hope to have more info soon on when we’ll be able to apply this fix.

As for the cases of the mysteriously missing boats and zepplins, we are also working on a fix for this and we hope to have that fix out by sometime early next week.

Thanks for the reports on these issues, and stay tuned for more info!

About the Author

Pride

Classic WoW is my jam, with a passion for PvP. Most know me as Baranor, the ret paladin guy, but I'm secretly a druid main, don't tell anyone. In my free time I play Switch games, particularly JRPGs. Some day I'll be making my own games and I humbly hope you play those too!

Subscribe
Notify of

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Scroll to Top