Dungeon Finder Will Not Be Available in WotLK Classic

dungeon finder will not be available in wotlk classic

Blizzard has announced during the Wrath of the Lich King Classic reveal that Dungeon Finder will not be available despite being in the original WotLK.

For players looking to utilize a dungeon finder they are being encouraged to play retail.

One thing we looked at is dungeon finder, and it feels like how we envision Classic, dungeon finder is not a good fit for our community.

Holly Longdale – Lead Producer, WoW Classic

That was kind of the first step that may have eroded some of that social fabric. Now as people have gone through the experience of going back to Vanilla, rebuilding those groups, relying on each other, not wanting a random participant just to show up and then leave, yeah that makes total sense.

John Hight – Franchise General Manager, Warcraft

But today, you can do that in Shadowlands, you’ll be able do that in Dragonflight. It’s a self selected group of people who specifically want that different experience.

Ion Hazzikostas – Game Director & VP, World of Warcraft
Blizzard – (Source)

No Dungeon Finder – Players rediscovering Wrath of the Lich King Classic won’t find the Looking for Dungeon feature originally added in Patch 3.3.5. We’ve heard from our Classic community that the importance of social bonds is a big part of what makes Classic their game of choice, and we agree.

About the Author

Furious

If I'm not working or spending time with the family I'm probably gaming. Some of my favorite recent games I've played are Far Cry 5, World of Warcraft Classic, and 7 Days to Die.

Subscribe
Notify of

9 Comments
Most Voted
Newest Oldest
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Star ballin
Star ballin
1 year ago

Say April fools RIGHT NOWWW!! Dungeon finder is a key component to what made wrath great. Just keep raids seperate

Bailey A Parks
Bailey A Parks
Reply to  Star ballin
1 year ago

If people don’t like it why don’t those people just not use it then?? its not like it being there forces them to use it so unfair to the people that wanna play classic with it just get told to eff off and go play normal retail… wow

Yahweh
Yahweh(@yahweh)
Reply to  Bailey A Parks
7 months ago

Agreed. or they could make like a toggle in the settings menu or something for it, so that nobody is forced to use it.

BigPoppaBeef
BigPoppaBeef
1 year ago

I’m a horde on Benediction. I can only que for PvP. There might be a post once a hour in LookingForGroup. Standing around trying to create a group take hours on end. We have 2 raid guilds I believe on horde here. I wonder if Blizzard will give me a free server transfer, being that I can’t group with anyone for dungeons. Ridiculous, it should definitely be an option. Just like BGs are an option, not a requirement. Let people that want it, use it and those who don’t, won’t.

Someone
Someone
1 year ago

Remove Dungeon Finder making leveling even more arduous and introduce a now even more appealing Level Boost. Brilliant!

Anon
Anon
10 months ago

So is this the way to try and make us not read the headlines of what’s happening at HQ? Make us too busy to look for groups than to read irl headlines?

jonathan
jonathan
8 months ago

Bring the Dungon finder Back its not in any way makeing us experice anything we want it back BRING IT BACK

Orc Warrior
Orc Warrior
1 year ago

Dungeon finder was the reason a lot of people saw WotLK as the “beginning of the end” – making WoW into what is now: a completely anti-social experience where [removed] and obnoxious trolls get to just hit a button and be placed into a group of unsuspecting players who then have to waste time dealing with morons refusing to learn how to play their classes or strategize about difficult pulls/content. Blizz had dumbed down and homogenized all expansions since because of this stupid easy group/raid joining mechanism. They should have never added this crumby care-bear mechanic to begin with, and they just did it because all the whiners and complainers at the time didn’t want to overcome actual obstacles to obtain their gear, making it all pointless really. Build relationships and learn how to cooperate/pull your weight in a group setting, or you don’t get the spoils of group and raid content at the expense of the good players’ grace and good will – WotLK will be far better without the dungeon finder 100%. When everyone gets an easy “I win” button, nobody wins.

Mod Note: Removed offensive portion of comment.

Anonymous
Anonymous
Reply to  Orc Warrior
1 year ago

Most people who play WoW Classic are adults who have jobs and other responsibilities. The dungeon finder helps facilitate easier matchmaking for those who don’t have time to sit and watch the group chat for groups. Get a life.

Scroll to Top